Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #57
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Yeah, I've shot a couple of dealers e-mails asking about MSRP and can't get a straight answer, which leads me to believe they plan on gouging.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #58
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Well I have now heard from 2 of the 3 dealers in the Boise/Mountain Home area. I posted Edmarks comments in the MSRP or lower thread and here is the response I got from Peterson Chevrolet in Boise.

"We are not sure what we are going to do .. it is just to early ... I suspect that we will mark this car up about 10% over MSRP in the begining as it will be so hard to come by. I hear there are some dealers looking at $10,000 and up over MSRP in the begining .. Yikes .. We expect to have the ability to order our first Camaro in Dec of this year .. we already have a waiting list of about 15 people ... I hope this gives you a rough idea of our thoughts ....
Thanks"

My guess though is that after they realize that another dealer just 14 miles away is charging MSRP or below that they will come down on their prices.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?

Last edited by lafountain; 07-11-2008 at 01:28 AM.
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #59
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
To anyone in Southwest Missouri: Mayse Automotive in Aurora said there will be a "premium" on the Camaro, at least at first.

At least, to their credit, they were honest enough to give me a straight answer unlike Pinegar Chevrolet in Republic (who to date have given me no reply whatsoever - and I bought a car from them in the past) or "Big Lot" Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield.

Hey Joe, is your dealership easy to get to from I-35, b/c it looks like I'll have to make a roadtrip next year.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #60
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
To anyone in Southwest Missouri: Mayse Automotive in Aurora said there will be a "premium" on the Camaro, at least at first.

At least, to their credit, they were honest enough to give me a straight answer unlike Pinegar Chevrolet in Republic (who to date have given me no reply whatsoever - and I bought a car from them in the past) or "Big Lot" Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield.

Hey Joe, is your dealership easy to get to from I-35, b/c it looks like I'll have to make a roadtrip next year.

We are located right off of it! You cant miss us. I also will hopefully have something for my fellow Camaro enthusiast when they come and pick up their new Camaro, just have to wait on the official numbers we are getting, and a little help from my management.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
The reason I have not been promoted to sales manager yet is because of this moral standard I have.
How sad is that.....
Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #62
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
I've never paid anywhere near sticker for any vehicle I've ever owned, and never will. I've had my experiences buying and have learned quite alot over the last 14 years of ownership. The dealers want you to think they're not making anything on the car, but no doubt, they are. When I get ready to purchase the Camaro and he offers some inflated price, I'll laugh and tell him to take $10K off and call me when it's ready! If not, I'll just find someone who will.

10k off a GM car! Good luck with that! I can see quite clearly how much you value the Camaro!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #63
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
How sad is that.....
thanks for feeling my pain buddy...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #64
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
What a crime.

Glad I have friends!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #65
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
thanks for feeling my pain buddy...
You're the right guy in the wrong place, that's all! When a dealership backs you up 100%, everyone wins.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #66
6806goats

Drives: 68&06GTO, 68 RS,05 Chev 1tn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
Well I have now heard from 2 of the 3 dealers in the Boise/Mountain Home area. I posted Edmarks comments in the MSRP or lower thread and here is the response I got from Peterson Chevrolet in Boise.

"We are not sure what we are going to do .. it is just to early ... I suspect that we will mark this car up about 10% over MSRP in the begining as it will be so hard to come by. I hear there are some dealers looking at $10,000 and up over MSRP in the begining .. Yikes .. We expect to have the ability to order our first Camaro in Dec of this year .. we already have a waiting list of about 15 people ... I hope this gives you a rough idea of our thoughts ....
Thanks"

My guess though is that after they realize that another dealer just 14 miles away is charging MSRP or below that they will come down on their prices.

I just sent an email to a sales woman at Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg ID about their pricing policy on this. Hard to tell what the response will be but they have excellent prices on Dodge and GM trucks. Bought my truck at Edmark in Nampa because I forgot about Dave Smith but got stupid and bought the GTO in Elko, NV. I met a fellow in Elko who had a Dave Smith Motors plate surround on it so people drive a long ways to get deals. I also heard about them when I was stationed north of Seattle. (Whidbey) I'll post when I get a response.
6806goats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #67
lafountain

I contacted a few dealers around the Wichita Falls, TX area. Have heard back from one and this was the response I got.

The SS coupe and convertible, I am sure will be priced over MSRP at least initially. The other models probably at MSRP.

FOUR STARS AUTO RANCH
HWY 287 @ HWY 148 S
HENRIETTA , TX 76365 -3008

Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #68
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Response from Beaty Chevrolet in Knoxville, TN:

Hi Daniel,

My name is Mike Lay; I am one of the Internet sales associates here at Beaty Chevrolet. I have spoken with the managers about the supplier price on the Camaro, and they are telling me that we will probably have an extra sticker price on them for at least the first year. I will not be able to do a supplier price on them for at least that long. I would definitely like to earn your business, but this one is just out of my hands. I do appreciate you considering Beaty Chevrolet. Thank you!

Mike Lay,

Mark A. DeGeorge
Mike D. Lay
Internet Sales Managers
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #69
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
Response from Beaty Chevrolet in Knoxville, TN:

Hi Daniel,

My name is Mike Lay; I am one of the Internet sales associates here at Beaty Chevrolet. I have spoken with the managers about the supplier price on the Camaro, and they are telling me that we will probably have an extra sticker price on them for at least the first year. I will not be able to do a supplier price on them for at least that long. I would definitely like to earn your business, but this one is just out of my hands. I do appreciate you considering Beaty Chevrolet. Thank you!

Mike Lay,

Mark A. DeGeorge
Mike D. Lay
Internet Sales Managers
Ouch. I had a second dealership scratched off my list a while back who gave me the same reply.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #70
lafountain

Starting to hear from the dealerships in Texas that I contacted. Got this reply today.

"My name is Tony DeVose and I would like to be the first to welcome you to Friendly Chevrolet!!! They will make the first car in Feb 09 and will be in our inventory by Mar. They will be priced at about 1000.00 over sticker on the LS and about 5000.00 on the SS model."

FRIENDLY CHEVROLET CO.
2754 N STEMMONS FWY
DALLAS , TX 75207