Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
JaeCeaser

Drives: blue & green
Oracle vs NightOwl vs JDP???

I'm trying to figure out which way to go for ColorShift head and fog Halos w/ demon eyes. The main important feature that I want is the ability to control them via iPhone and possibly connect with other future lighting.
It seems like NightOwl has the best controlling features but does it actually matter who makes the Halo rings?
Does Demon Eyes require the same ring as the fogs?

Need help!
JaeCeaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
I have night owl and love it. I used night owl drl halos for demon eyes. Only issue with smaller halos inside headlights is the baking the headlights but that looks scarier then it really is. Below is a short vid of my lights.

https://youtu.be/Dt3C_LSGJwg
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I had the JDP kit when it 1st came out it was a good kit but the NightOwl blows it away.

Just a FYI NightOwl kit will be replacing the JPD kit on JDP's site.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Our kit has been discontinued. We do offer NightOwl and Oracle though. If you are wanting ultimate function, the NightOwl kit is the way to go.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
+1 for the NightOwl kit, offers a lot of customization for colors. Super easy installation too.

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
No comparison really. Night Owl hands down.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #7
JaeCeaser

Drives: blue & green
Scooter That looks great and That's Exactly what I want!

How much does run and do you guys bake the headlights yourself or have a shop do it all?
Old 05-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #8
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeCeaser View Post

How much does run and do you guys bake the headlights yourself or have a shop do it all?
I did mine myself and it will test your nerves but it's not a big deal. If you order directly from night owl let him know you want to do the demon eyes with his drl halos. This way you can have him send you power harness for the extra mini sl driver. Explain to him exactly what you want your lights to work he even made me a custom harness to allow my fog lights to come on with my headlights. The biggest headache I found is finding a place to hide all the control boxes etc.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Actually I think the best of the best is if you had JDP setup first then got Nightowl upgrade kit. I like the toggle switch from inside the cabin and other things I have done to my car wouldn't haven't been possible if I didn't have JDP kit first.
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #10
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeCeaser View Post

https://store.nightowlleds.com/index...te=common/home

That's the thing about the Night Owl kit, you do not have to bake your headlights.

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
zcamaro4life

Drives: Camaro V6 2 LT
Hey guys is nightown kits came w the demon eyes inside or? I'm really interested.
zcamaro4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcamaro4life View Post
Hey guys is nightown kits came w the demon eyes inside or? I'm really interested.
If you watch my video I posted above if you want the smaller halos like I do you will have to bake the headlights. If all you want to control is the original rs halos you do not need to bake them.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #13
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Big thing to know is that the only colorshift halo rings that fit into a 2014 or 2015 will be the Oracle rings. The NightOwl System will control them but his rgb kit will NOT work in a 14 or 15 model. I have a 14 and use the Oracle Halos, Diode Dynamics RGB L.E.D. Fog bulbs, 1 RGB L.E.D. strip in the Grille, 2 RGB L.E.D. strips in the Engine bay and one also in my CAI box all controlled by Joe's NightOwl control system. I didn't do demon eyes but the NightOwl system will control those too. Just send joe a pm on here or contact him through the NightOwl website and tell him what you want and if you want them to be able to be operated independently from each other or whatever and he can hook you up with a system with the right amount of channels to do whatever it is you want to do with your lights. His system is a little bit more expensive than the other controllers but it is well worth it.

No demon eyes but here is a little vid we did using our NightOwl controller.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #14
mkeomotupp

Drives: bmw
mkeomotupp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorshift halo rs, jdp motorsports, nightowlleds, oraclelighting