Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #29
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
that wasn't a very good drift....

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 AM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It's not a drift. He was pulling a 180 so he could take off the other way. There was no turn to drift through. The car shows up, flips a b*tch in an intersection and drives off the way it came.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:50 AM   #31
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
I realize all of this. I'm not saying that what was there wasn't well-executed or that I wanted to see a feature-length film...I was just pointing out how in this one-minute clip, the amount of the vid that actually had the Camaro in it and the total run time of the vid were pretty disproportionate and I didn't realize you or anyone were going to take that personally. The drool coming off the corner of my mouth didn't have time to drip into my lap before it was over, and I would have liked to have seen a somewhat longer actual Camaro time in the clip. If they are indeed doing more at a later date, that'll be great and I can't wait to see it.
Mate, I agree I couldn't get enough of it, but just watch it over and over. That's what I was doing yesterday.

Oh, and if they ever make Cars 2, they can dump Lightning McQueen and his chums and have the Camaro, Challenger and Mustang as the new stars. And they can get these boys out of their basement to make it
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #32
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
bad as!! what is that for, a game or did some one just make that for fun??
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #33
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
found this one too... and dang it no clue how to imbed...

Old 01-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #34
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
That video is WAY too F'n cool.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #35
maZda

Drives: Dacia (national stock car)
As you found us, we found you!
We thank you for the support, you could say it's a teaser for the real thing. We're working our buts off in this "dungeon". So... it's called "Concept Smoke: The Chase", it's gonna be about 5 min long, high speed, highway, lots of cop cars including a chopper or 2, and of course the 09 Camaro along with a 69' Charger and a RX8. The cop cars will to be Mustangs, so try picture it: the Camaro chased by 5 or more Mustangs... The anticipation is killing us too!
We got an official blog: Con-S official blog
AND! the high resolution version of Concept Smoke: Con-S High-Res
If anybody has any ideas for cool moves and stuff we would be glad to try them. Hold on tight cause we're in kick ass movie making mode. Over and out!

P.S. This is purely for the viewing pleasure of everybody, we're doing it for fun and because it's fun!
Old 01-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #36
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Holy CRAP

Thanks for looking this site up. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #37
SSMUFF

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
I can't see shit. Thanks to my company for blocking it.
SSMUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #38
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maZda View Post
We thank you for the support, you could say it's a teaser for the real thing. We're working our buts off in this "dungeon". So... it's called "Concept Smoke: The Chase", it's gonna be about 5 min long, high speed, highway, lots of cop cars including a chopper or 2, and of course the 09 Camaro along with a 69' Charger and a RX8. The cop cars will to be Mustangs, so try picture it: the Camaro chased by 5 or more Mustangs... The anticipation is killing us too!
If anybody has any ideas for cool moves and stuff we would be glad to try them. Hold on tight cause we're in kick ass movie making mode. Over and out!

P.S. This is purely for the viewing pleasure of everybody, we're doing it for fun and because it's fun!

I wish I had 2 more hands so I could give this movie 4 thumbs UP! The idea behind it is cool, although done before, so you need some way to make it stand out.

I personally would love to see a barrel roll of some sort. Very unrealistic, but for example, there's a car carrier (big semi with the trailer to carry cars) with an empty trailer driving on the highway you guys have created. There's a stalled car in the fast lane and the truck is in the second to fast lane. The Camaro's right 2 wheels hit the edge of the trailer and start driving up the ramp. Since the speed of the chase is a lot faster than the speed of the truck. The camaro is launched in a full barrle roll over the stalled lambourghini (lowest car I can think of to make it seem more realistic then say a van). The camaro would then land on it's four wheels after rolling and continue the chase. This could also be done over say a spike strip at a roadblock.

Not much else you can do on the highway that I can think of. You could play on the fact that Mustangs have a live rear axle and Camaro will have IRS. You can have the camaro taking an offramp and cornering perfectly while showing a cut out of the suspension working. The mustangs on the other hand wouldn't have the turn radius to take the offramp at such speeed. One cop car would try to match the speed of the camaro and go careening off the road and into some bushes/ditch to be out of the chase. The rest would see this and have to slow down a lot giving the camaro an even longer lead.

The challenger could pull away from the mustang on the straightaways and get caught a little easier in the corners from being a heavy car with some power.

Please please please, whatever you do, find a good sound byte/clip of a real rx-8 or 7. The rotary engine's fluid sound from 0-9k rpms is a thing of pure beauty. If you have to make sure one thing about the rx-8 is realistic, make sure the rotary sounds true. Trying to put in a supra engine sound for example will be wrong and people will easily be able to tell the difference.

Hope any of these ideas inspire you guys. Keep up the fantastic work.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #39
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:

Wow, you found us! Yeah you really got us going and now I'm very excited about the longer clip you're working on. You really started something great!
Thank you maZda!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #40
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:

Thanks for looking us up and joining. I’m sure I can speak for most everyone here and say that we will be patiently waiting to see the debut of such outstanding CG work, especially when it deals with the Camaro … Feel free to give us updates as they become available…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #41
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
I knew I'd be getting it in silver, but now I know I'll be getting those racing stripes.
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 AM   #42
thelastz28
Trans Am GTA

Drives: '88 T/A GTA | L98
That's sick!
thelastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote