Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlFriday View Post
aw, mate, want to be my forum friend!? it doesnt really mean anything but

i would actually like to know WHY this forum isnt like 95% of the other ones?
i dont feel bad asking stupid questions here.
infact you guys make me feel smart when i ask stupid questions.
I would be honored
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #30
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
C5 learned a lot here before I purchased my 2011
Me too!!!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
...Two of my buddies have Mustangs and they joined about three Mustang forums each. They both tell me how much they love C5, how well it is organized, (biggest compliment they kept saying) HOW WELCOMING EVERYONE IS, and how much knowledge is on the site! they said on their forums if they ask a silly question they get bashed for it and get told to leave and noticed how on here everyone is here to help and not to put people down.

Just wanted to let the Moderators and ALL the members know that we are loved even by Mustang enthusiasts!

Good Job C5!
We're happy to have you! I have a lot of respect for anyone that shares the enthusiasm I have for performance cars. It's good to share the site with you.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #32
CheshireCat666
Die Yuppie Scum

Drives: 2010 2SS Transformers Edition
yea i agree 100%. this forum and its members are def a class act. i bought my camaro in nov 2009. i knew NOTHING about mods/power/numbers. i didn't know what the difference between L99/LS3. i didn't know what a cold air intake did or headers or tunes..i didn't know anything..its because of this forum and the people that are on here that i have the knowledge i have now. everyone is very helpful and respectful and regardless how many times the same question is asked ( what exhaust is good..etc etc ) there is never a wise comment. everybody always puts there input and what they recommend and try to help you get whats right for you and your car. i can honestly say i was afraid of the backlash i would get when i would ask a certain question thinking i should know it already, but everyone is so kind and everyone wants to help everyone i couldn't possibly be afraid to ask a question anymore. everyone here shares there knowledge and passes it on and so on and so on. love this forum and everyone on it so i also wanted to say to everyone that has helped me and others. thank you!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #33
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
I'm a Mustang guy and a happy member of some Ford forums but I like it here too. A car enthusiast at heart no matter the badge. But, truth be told you guys do suffer a bit from chip on the shoulder syndrome when it comes to the Mustang. It was first, get over it. Both cars are great, celebrate it. And both cars will field the top dog from time to time. Enjoy the results of the pony car war. And don't be defensive when the other guy comes out on top. In the end, as car lovers, we all benefit.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #34
ThatGirlFriday

Drives: the boys crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat666 View Post
yea i agree 100%. this forum and its members are def a class act. i bought my camaro in nov 2009. i knew NOTHING about mods/power/numbers. i didn't know what the difference between L99/LS3. i didn't know what a cold air intake did or headers or tunes..i didn't know anything..its because of this forum and the people that are on here that i have the knowledge i have now. everyone is very helpful and respectful and regardless how many times the same question is asked ( what exhaust is good..etc etc ) there is never a wise comment. everybody always puts there input and what they recommend and try to help you get whats right for you and your car. i can honestly say i was afraid of the backlash i would get when i would ask a certain question thinking i should know it already, but everyone is so kind and everyone wants to help everyone i couldn't possibly be afraid to ask a question anymore. everyone here shares there knowledge and passes it on and so on and so on. love this forum and everyone on it so i also wanted to say to everyone that has helped me and others. thank you!!!
x1
Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #35
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
My specialty in business life is building precision long range weapon systems for target, varmint and big game hunters, as such, I am on several forums for this topic and many of them can be very cut throat. Any variation from the norm or "Establised" standard is often beated down justs as the OP discribed on some of the mustang forums.

This is not acceptable to me at all. AS such, I frequent a forum called www.longrangehunting.com

It is very similiar to Camaro5 in as much as the attitude of the old time memebers doing whatever they can to help out new comers with good information and advice. It truely makes a family type atmosphere.

Now certainly there are heated debates at times, Thats just what happens when you have so many passionate members and that is a good thing but I have yet to see anything get to the point where its disrespectful to someones opinion which is a great thing.

We do not have to agree with everyone but to show respect is a great thing, even to mustang owners!!! We can not blame them for liking the 2nd or 3rd best looking muscle car on the market today!!!

Again, this is a great atmosphere here on C5 and a great place to be. While I have not been here long, I credit the members of this site for all the success I have had modding my camaro into my dream car. Without C5 it would have taken MUCH more time and also probably much more money they without the members experience to draw from.

Great place to be, my favorite web site for sure.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #36
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I'm a Mustang guy and a happy member of some Ford forums but I like it here too. A car enthusiast at heart no matter the badge. But, truth be told you guys do suffer a bit from chip on the shoulder syndrome when it comes to the Mustang. It was first, get over it. Both cars are great, celebrate it. And both cars will field the top dog from time to time. Enjoy the results of the pony car war. And don't be defensive when the other guy comes out on top. In the end, as car lovers, we all benefit.
I like seeing some Mustangs and Challengers on our forum. I tried going to other forums but it simply appears to be bashfest on the Camaro and that takes the fun away of seeing what people are doing to their Stangs and Challengers. When I go to the races I see some really nice cars and I just wanna go check them out on the forums... but I do think C5 is a pretty welcoming and friendly place and it makes me proud that some Ford/Dodge owners feel the same way.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Why is it always the mustang guy who has to say something like that? Lol
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #38
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Never been to another car forum. I guess I have been taking C5 for granted. I am glad C5 is here for Camaro Owners new and old.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #39
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
C5 is addicting
Old 04-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #40
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersXXIX View Post
C5 is addicting
+1 I'm here like everyday
SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
So glad I am not any other forum since I too ask stupid questions since I know nothing about cars
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #42
InfernoSS88

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
this site is definitly addicting..i cant go oe than 10-15 minutes withough checkin on my phone or computer t see whats going on lol
InfernoSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote