Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #43
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
If you have the ARH LT with cats it comes with an x pipe. You'll want an axle back exhaust not cat back. Remember the ARH set up has been R&D and sold together to optimize performance. My suggestion would be just go with an axle back set up to achieve the exhaust note you like if your going ARH. In any event there is some cutting entailed. And depending on how you go maybe some pipe fab.
Read the threads for magnaflow. JP has posted on some cutting.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #44
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
JP, how can your street version (Part No: 16579) be connected to ARH LongTube (http://www.camaro5.com/?p=1374) where ARH comes with x-pipe?
I rather have the Magnaflow x-pipe. So, what should be deducted from ARH package? Or will it even work?
Hi Z-Rocks,

The Magnaflow Street Cat-Back can be used in conjunction with the ARH set-up. You'd have 2 options. The first would be to order the ARH set-up minus the X-Pipe and install the cat-back using the Magnaflow X-Pipe from the converters back. The 2nd option would be to leave the ARH X-Pipe and use the Street Series Axle-Back from the flanges behind the ARH X-Pipe.

It really comes down to sound quality. If you want it to be louder use the ARH X-Pipe and if you want to tone it down a bit and retain the performance use the Magnaflow resonated X-Pipe Set-Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I also want to know this

ARH LT and magnaflow axleback or catback
I would go with the Street Series Axle-Back if you're using the complete ARH X-Piped Set-up. You may have to add a short Straight section of Tubing between the 2 systems including the 2 flanges if they aren't included in the ARH set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
If you have the ARH LT with cats it comes with an x pipe. You'll want an axle back exhaust not cat back. Remember the ARH set up has been R&D and sold together to optimize performance. My suggestion would be just go with an axle back set up to achieve the exhaust note you like if your going ARH. In any event there is some cutting entailed. And depending on how you go maybe some pipe fab.
Read the threads for magnaflow. JP has posted on some cutting.
I think the performance would be very similar between the ARH X-Pipe and the Magnaflow resonated X-Pipe and there will be performance gains going through the Magnaflow muffler opposed to the restrictive OEM cans.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

JP
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #45
JDP Motorsports

Some random pics from this weekend!

2SS L99 with XLR

2010 Camaro and our 73' RS/Z28 Camaro

2010 Camaro and our CFO!!

JP
Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #46
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
if you want to tone it down a bit and retain the performance use the Magnaflow resonated X-Pipe Set-Up.
JP
This was the main reason I asked, because of the existence of the resonator in the Magnaflow package/x-pipe section.

If the x-pipe from ARH is not purchased (assuming they sell one without X-pipe), then is there still any cutting from ARH or Magnaflow or is there a perfect fit (assuming we go we Maganflow 3").

Thanks!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #47
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Great info,

Thanks !
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #48
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
This was the main reason I asked, because of the existence of the resonator in the Magnaflow package/x-pipe section.

If the x-pipe from ARH is not purchased (assuming they sell one without X-pipe), then is there still any cutting from ARH or Magnaflow or is there a perfect fit (assuming we go we Maganflow 3").

Thanks!
The Magnaflow System should fit up just fine but you may have to trim either the ARH System behind the converters or the Magnaflow before the X-Pipe, either way it should be easy to do. Magnaflow will have a 3" System available soon!

What mods do you have planned for your Camaro other than exhaust? We've used a 3" ARH LT set-up and stepped down to 2.5" to retain bottom end torque, this was on a 575 RWHP LS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
Great info,

Thanks !

JP
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #49
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
What mods do you have planned for your Camaro other than exhaust?

JP
Haven't got my car yet, but planning either TVS2300 or TechCo S/C. God willing!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #50
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
JDP, im really toiling with which exhaust setup to go with. Do you have sound clips of the ARH setup with axle back Magnaflow 2.5 inch exhaust? How loud would that setup be compared to using the ARH headers only and the Magnaflow cat back system with resonator?

My plans are just a full exhaust, intake and tune. The key is I dont want super loud exhaust, just good deep tone. I dont mind volume at WOT, just not all the time.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #51
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
how about dyn numbers for the other systems?
like the axle-backs?

THX
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #52
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Haven't got my car yet, but planning either TVS2300 or TechCo S/C. God willing!
Nice! I like the TVS2300 set up myself!

You'll want to go 3" for sure!

JP
Old 06-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #53
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
JDP, im really toiling with which exhaust setup to go with. Do you have sound clips of the ARH setup with axle back Magnaflow 2.5 inch exhaust? How loud would that setup be compared to using the ARH headers only and the Magnaflow cat back system with resonator?

My plans are just a full exhaust, intake and tune. The key is I dont want super loud exhaust, just good deep tone. I dont mind volume at WOT, just not all the time.
I don't currently have any sound clips of this combination. Hopefully one of our customers using this set-up with get some good clips! I'll post them up if and when I get them.

I think it would sound great personally. That's the combination I'd like to go with myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
how about dyn numbers for the other systems?
like the axle-backs?

THX
I've been pushing to get the sound clips as well as the dyno info, it's just taking a little time... I'll post all of the info in this thread as soon as I have it.

Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions!

JP
Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #54
JDP Motorsports

Old 07-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #55
2PitbullSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS & 2003 Z71 w/6" lift
Any word on a LT headers w/ Magnaflow video clip? I'm really curious to find out how that resonated x-pipe deals with the sound of AFM kicking in on the L99. If there is no drone i will be going with magnaflow. Corsa seems to be a little too raspy at idle for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #56
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Well I flipped then flipped back and pulled the trigger. My exhaust is in the order books.
ARH LT's with their cats and Xpipe. Finishing out the back with an axle back Magna flow street series with tips. I cant wait to hear it. And feel it for that matter. I was going to go with the GMPP axle backs and decided with the amount of money saved here with the forum discount,magna flow trumped GMPP!
Thanks Don! And Jordan too!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote