Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Thumbs up What we want to see on and in the Z28

So like the title said "What we want to see on and in the Z28" lets see if we can a list of things gm needs to put in the Z28.

motor: Me i like a aluminum lsx-454

look: Carbon fiber hood & roof & fenders

Suspension: Multi Adjustable Coilover and HD Bushings all the way a round And HD sway bars

Tires and rims i hope to see 295/40/18 on the front and 335/35/19 tires and light rims.

exhaust: full length headers and 3" exhaust,

Rear end: we want some 373 gears and HD rear axles and HD diff as well as a Carbon fiber drive shaft.

trans: a HD T6060 not this P. S. something that can take 700-1000 HP

Any one have more to add?, I forgot 2 things.

Price: under $ 47,000 with all of this.

Weight: This is the most important of all lets see if we can get it at 3600 lb or less.

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 09-27-2009 at 09:58 PM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
You dont want much do you?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
supercharged motor and a price under $44,000. Other than that, I do not really care!
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Free............. LOL. 500+ horses.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Here's some things i'd ask for:

1. Cammed 600hp LS7 (lots of power, with less weight than supercharging)
2. 3.93 rear ratio
3. Stinger hood instead of the Bumblebee hood (same function better fashion)
4. Lengths taken to drastically lighten the car, shoot for 3600 or better
5. Lets please not make these rediculous rims any more rediculously huge, LOL
6. A stripped down 1LE package that goes beyond 1Z/28 or 2Z/28 including radio delete, AC delete, and any other major racing weight savers
7. Edit the fog lights from the Bumblebee prototype, those look cheap
8. lower the car and aim for a 50-50 weight balance
9. Z/28 badging rather than the cheap Z28 trademark badging (my petty prefference)
10. Z/28 specifc colors and cosmetic effects (such as stripe packaging)
11. Emphasis taken to make the 2SS the MOST luxuries Camaro, the 2Z/28 is a little more comforting but is still rather stripped for performance
12. Racing adjustable suspension, especially to keep the power planted to the ground (GT500's major weakness)
13. NO production number cap, this should be a mass produced car, if you're willing to pay we will make you one, no BS
14. I support Manual and Auto both since Autos can now out-perform Manual, but lets see interior aftermarket upgrades like short-throw Hurst shifter
15. Anything else we can cram into it or remove to make the car better =D
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So like the title said "What we want to see on and in the Z28" lets see if we can a list of things gm needs to put in the Z28.

motor: Me i like a aluminum lsx-454

look: Carbon fiber hood & roof & fenders

Suspension: Multi Adjustable Coilover and HD Bushings all the way a round And HD sway bars

Tires and rims i hope to see 295/40/18 on the front and 335/35/19 tires and light rims.

exhaust: full length headers and 3" exhaust,

Rear end: we want some 373 gears and HD rear axles and HD diff as well as a Carbon fiber drive shaft.

trans: a HD T6060 not this P. S. something that can take 700-1000 HP

Any one have more to add?, I forgot 2 things.

Price: under $ 47,000 with all of this.

Weight: This is the most important of all lets is if we can get it at 3600 lb or less.
None of this will ever make it to a production Camaro.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
hmm...

There are a ton of specific things I'd like to see...but I believe that it's not the parts of the whole that matter...but the whole itself. So....

I'd like to see a Z28 with exceptional handling abilities. If you have to put a reference to it...somewhere in between a base and Z51 Corvette. And I mean real-world handling...not "max g", or "figure 8s". It should be confident and inspiring around a road course. See: CTS-V...

I'd like to see a Z28 with power/gears/tires that allow it to run a 12.3 or better quarter mile and actually get traction in the first 60 fit. It should also be able to stop in the same ~106 ft as the SS. Bigger brake calipers aren't necessary.

I'd like to see a Z28 with unique a body treatment that includes the Halo HID lights standard; and unique, skinny-spoked rims (like the Z06, or CTS-V). This body treatment should also be focused around functional things, like aero/high-speed stability, and maybe directed brake cooling.

I'd also like to see a unique interior (badging, seating surfaces) with an interior upgrade option(s)...including Recaro seats and maybe a leather-wrap treatment like the Vette.

The price should be somewhere around $48,000 MSRP.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
hmm...

There are a ton of specific things I'd like to see...but I believe that it's not the parts of the whole that matter...but the whole itself. So....

I'd like to see a Z28 with exceptional handling abilities. If you have to put a reference to it...somewhere in between a base and Z51 Corvette. And I mean real-world handling...not "max g", or "figure 8s". It should be confident and inspiring around a road course. See: CTS-V...

I'd like to see a Z28 with power/gears/tires that allow it to run a 12.3 or better quarter mile and actually get traction in the first 60 fit. It should also be able to stop in the same ~106 ft as the SS. Bigger brake calipers aren't necessary.

I'd like to see a Z28 with unique a body treatment that includes the Halo HID lights standard; and unique, skinny-spoked rims (like the Z06, or CTS-V). This body treatment should also be focused around functional things, like aero/high-speed stability, and maybe directed brake cooling.

I'd also like to see a unique interior (badging, seating surfaces) with an interior upgrade option(s)...including Recaro seats and maybe a leather-wrap treatment like the Vette.

The price should be somewhere around $48,000 MSRP.

Nice approach, i like how you just give the specs of what you're looking for and will leave it up to GM to make the call on what specific parts to put in to make it happen, i agree with basically all of it, very good list here, the only thing id say is try to keep the price around $41k-$44k hopefully, just to keep it competitive with Ford and Mopar...i love the high speed stability stuff and the unique interior treatment as well, also maybe bigger brake rotors? Track testers have said the GT500 brakes get squishy real quick so lets try to up the anti on that, also id say lets keep this a strictly performance car with very few hints to luxury, cause if someone wanted luxury they could buy the CTS-V, leave the Z/28 to the performance district where it belongs
Old 09-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I see the Z/28 differently......

Light weight rotors
Upgraded brakes
Lighter wheels 18 or 19inch
Tuned suspension
Lower gearing
Aggresive tune from factory
Free flowing intake and exhaust
Upgraded seats
Option to have it loaded like a 2SS or LS stlyle

Then have a all out super charged beast to challenge the other big boys in the class.... LZ1 style
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Nice approach, i like how you just give the specs of what you're looking for and will leave it up to GM to make the call on what specific parts to put in to make it happen, i agree with basically all of it, very good list here, the only thing id say is try to keep the price around $41k-$44k hopefully, just to keep it competitive with Ford and Mopar...i love the high speed stability stuff and the unique interior treatment as well, also maybe bigger brake rotors? Track testers have said the GT500 brakes get squishy real quick so lets try to up the anti on that, also id say lets keep this a strictly performance car with very few hints to luxury, cause if someone wanted luxury they could buy the CTS-V, leave the Z/28 to the performance district where it belongs
Thank you. I think really the right way to approach this. Lay out a series of goals, and let the professionals get there.

As for price...competitive is a frame of mind...right now, the Camaro is outselling the Mustang, and selling x5+ as many Challengers. Yet it costs a little more... Given that the SRT8 is a joke as far as pricing, I think Chevy can comfortably approach the GT500...and if the performance is as listed above -- it will be competitive at 48k.

And brakes -- testers comment that the Camaro's brakes feel like something out of a Porche....so if it doesn't need anything bigger to deliver super-car stopping distances (106 ft is about the same distance as a C6 Z06, fyi) -- "why spend the money(and weight) on them?" is my thinking.

As far as luxury...I think it should be offered...if only because a few people have taken issue with the interior materials. I figure if they can swing it without adding too much to the base price of the car, it would be an excellent feature to through in the Mustang's face. Racing seats...tell me that wouldn't put a reviewer over-the-top?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
I see the Z/28 differently......

Light weight rotors
Upgraded brakes
Lighter wheels 18 or 19inch
Tuned suspension
Lower gearing
Aggresive tune from factory
Free flowing intake and exhaust
Upgraded seats
Option to have it loaded like a 2SS or LS stlyle

Then have a all out super charged beast to challenge the other big boys in the class.... LZ1 style
Hm, there's an idea, have the base Z/28 be a step up from the SS but not quite a GT500 killer, but then have a 1LE super-performance package that can be ordered with the Z that is meant specificly for track performance and eating Shelby's alliivveee
Old 09-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
500 RWHP NA preferred
Lighter weight
Better handling
Under 49K
Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
You dont want much do you?
Not much i think it can be done and a LSX -454 Weights lees than a LSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
supercharged motor and a price under $44,000. Other than that, I do not really care!
If you do the # a LSA motor is 19211708 - GMPP LSA 6.2L 556 HP Supercharged Crate Engine Pace Price $14,295.95

A ls3 is: Details 19211709 - LS3 6.2L Gen IV Engine Pace Price $6,189.95

So you see that the dif is 8,000+ and that is not any thing more and the rear dif will not take this HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Free............. LOL. 500+ horses.
At free can i get 2.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
NO FAKE SCOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND NO FAKE SCOOPS!

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote