Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #29
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
I have had 3 different one's. 1st I had the Airaid, liked the sound slightly better improvement in performance. 2nd I had the Veraram, sounded awesome great improvement in performance. 3rd I had the CAI (currently running this one), best sound of the 3 and same performance improvement as the Veraram.

I also liked the look of the CAI the best of the 3.
Wow your CAI sounds even better than the Vararam?!?! The sound of the Vararam alone was worth it for me, what makes the CAI sound better? I'm still rocking my stock exhaust . . .
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #30
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Now with V6 info:Keep in mind, however, that these test are from some time ago and several makers declined to participate.

Roto-Fab, for example, has since redesigned their V8 intake (partially as a result of JRE's testing) for improved performance. See here and here.

So, those JRE results should be looked at as one source, but not the current definitive results.

Bottom line is, any of the popular top brands should provide similar performance/results.
Cool, with that being said, I like the looks of the cold air inductions CAI the best. I don't think I'll be disappointed..
Rafael205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #31
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
how do these systems make the air cold??
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
how do these systems make the air cold??
They do not actually make the air cold, they bring in cool ambient air from outside of the hot engine bay.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #33
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
They do not actually make the air cold, they bring in cool ambient air from outside of the hot engine bay.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
ahhh so the camaro sucks in hot air from under the hood...that was a stupid idea for sure..
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #34
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
ahhh so the camaro sucks in hot air from under the hood...that was a stupid idea for sure..
Well, the snorkel of the stock airbox is positioned to try to pull cool air from the front of the car, but it's not sealed against anything, and is quite restrictive.

These CAIs flow much more air, and are better sealed (and in some cases insulated) against the engine bay air.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #35
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
Cool, with that being said, I like the looks of the cold air inductions CAI the best. I don't think I'll be disappointed..
That's great man, thanks for choosing CAI Inc.! Let us know if you need anything, and btw, you definitely will be happy with your choice!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #36
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
It can reach upto 57c here with all the dust that makes you shut your mouth all day long, but this CAI never stops making power.

and by the way it sounds like Kurt Cobain live in concert
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
That's great man, thanks for choosing CAI Inc.! Let us know if you need anything, and btw, you definitely will be happy with your choice!
Thanks! I placed my order last night and received the tracking information about an hour ago.. I can't wait for it to get here
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #38
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
It can reach upto 57c here with all the dust that makes you shut your mouth all day long, but this CAI never stops making power.

and by the way it sounds like Kurt Cobain live in concert
Yeah, this intake systems seems to be top-notch!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #39
Rafael205

Just my luck....

I was supposed to receive it today... Who knows how long this delay is gonna be..
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #40
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
I can tell ya that we have about 7 options for the LLT/LFX.

But there is only ONE that sells daily.

Cold Air Inductions is the hands down popular choice and favorite. Great deals and great product. Plus that new Black finish is really sharp lookin!!

Good luck in your choice!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I have tried a number of cold air intakes on a number of cars. They all sound better. All but one gave me better MPG. Any kick in the butt, I believe, was mental because of the sound. A few horses is not really noticeable in the seat. Sound, MPG and looks are what most get out of their several hundred bucks
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
Rafael205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I have tried a number of cold air intakes on a number of cars. They all sound better. All but one gave me better MPG. Any kick in the butt, I believe, was mental because of the sound. A few horses is not really noticeable in the seat. Sound, MPG and looks are what most get out of their several hundred bucks
I can live with that.. We can't expect complete miracles from a simple $400 engine mod right? lol

Tags
cai, cold air inductions inc