Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Just for the record, GM had a really good reason for bringing the Camaro to that 2006 NAIAS so long ago. The minute I heard it I accepted it, and thought, "I would have done the same thing."

Damn problem is I can't remember what that reason was now:p. Hopefully during one of Fbodfather's visits here, he can iron that little reason out for us.

Yeah, 3 years is a little while...but to be fair - Camaro enthusiasts have been waiting since 2002. Just swallow your doubts, and 'keep the faith'. This car is going to blow the doors off of anything in it's segment. You watch - you'll see.

btw...focusing on V8 only would be a big 'whoops'. Because they aren't going to sell at least 100,000 Camaros if the V6's in them are crap. In any event, rest assured that they are sweating the details more than you can imagine. Both V8 and V6 equally. Hell, they're even listening to exaust notes from different cars to get the Camaro's right!! :eek:
Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #30
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
I say put it in storage, heck your own little shed even, you don't HAVE to keep license and insurance on it. Maybe find a buddy with extra garage space. I want a 5th gen, but i am also in love with the 2002 trans am I have yet to purchase.. gotta find the perfect one and have the cash at the same time.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:53 AM   #31
lonestar_z28

Drives: 08 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3
I'll be in a 5th gen. but my '80 Z is never going anywhere. My wife claims I'll be buried in it...not a bad idea actually....

lonestar_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #32
Sero

Drives: 99 Mitsibishi Eclipse RS
I believe all of you current camaro owners are lucky. Unfortunately for me, i've missed the years when the Camaro was out and never had the finances to purchase one. Many years ago, i found a 67 Camaro in my area going for $800. The only description on the ad was "Runs", unfortunately, i couldn't buy it just on that as my wife and I had just gotten married, and were trying to have kids, soo we bought the 2000 Blazer instead. At the same time i had my 89 S-10 Blazer with the 4.3 and the 700r4 tranny and that blazer was AWESOME! Shortly after we bought our blazer, my little sister bought a Camaro. That was such a great car, despite all the times it had to go into the shop, but ever since, i've had the ache for a muscle car with history. When the 5th Gen was announced, i was floored. Still am to this day, and can't wait until she arrives at my dealership for me to driver her home.

So to all you current Camaro owners, i think you're all lucky, and whether or not you buy a 5th Gen, we're all part of the Camaro family.

Respect: Give it, Earn it, Demand it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
REPEAT AFTER ME:

"......they are NOT the real headlights.........."

Sero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar_z28 View Post
I'll be in a 5th gen. but my '80 Z is never going anywhere. My wife claims I'll be buried in it...not a bad idea actually....
As Morbid as it might sound...It's crossed my mind about being buried in a Camaro...how awesome of a funeral would that be?!?!

Then you really could say you drove it into the ground.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #34
$¢'s 5th Gen

Drives: SUV & Chaparral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sero View Post
Many years ago, i found a 67 Camaro in my area going for $800. The only description on the ad was "Runs".
$800

I was watching one on ebay about a year ago. It was said to be a 69 pace car. You sure couldnt tell by looking at it. It looked like a train had hit it then the next one coming the other way did also. It sold for around 13k
$¢'s 5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #35
Sero

Drives: 99 Mitsibishi Eclipse RS
I know, i couldn't believe it either. I WISH I would have had some cash, i would have scooped that up in a heartbeat and restored it (restoring cars is a hobby)

Respect: Give it, Earn it, Demand it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
REPEAT AFTER ME:

"......they are NOT the real headlights.........."

Sero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #36
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sero View Post
So to all you current Camaro owners, i think you're all lucky, and whether or not you buy a 5th Gen, we're all part of the Camaro family.
Well said Sero. And so true.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #37
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I found a 68 convertible SS yellow with black top. I dont remember much more about it since it was 1988 or 89. Well it was 30k or 40k original miles, owner wanted 4500 in the add. Well being a kid at the time and all the good stuff. I let it slip away. I know this is a bit off topic. Maybe I should start a thread about the one that got away. It could have been a 130k or the all true I will never know. :bangdesk: But I will have my 5th generation. My sister had a 86 z28 blue with ttops. I loved driving that car. I always took care it for her being the good little brother that I am. Well one day driving back from getting it cleaned. I was crossing the road and someone smacked the rear right side basicall where the tire was. The car didnt drive right since. She traded it in after not to long after it was fixed. :(
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #38
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
As Morbid as it might sound...It's crossed my mind about being buried in a Camaro...how awesome of a funeral would that be?!?!

Then you really could say you drove it into the ground.
You are starting to worry me!
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #39
MADMAN

Drives: 75 corvette/mod 400+hp S-10
I love the storys and miss my old car. I had a 71 Camaro it was my dream car and also my first car. I bought it when I was 13 for $1200 it was in brutal shape but I had 3 years to get it ready for the road. on my 16th birthday my dad and I had all the bodywork done and took it to the paint shop for the final touches. they did a beautiful job of the paint andthe pearl coat was exquisite. the paint had almost cost as much as all the other mods and repairs cost. it was a great time learning how everything worked and building the motor and tranny for the car. it was a 383 stroker making about 380HP a wild car for a first car but I loved it. I had the car and it was my prized posession until about 4 years ago when a storm came through and the shop it was stored in for the witer caught fire and so did the car. the building collapsed and destroyed my baby there was really nothing left to salvage yet I did pull the motor and driveline and have waited to find something to put it in. it will never bring the car back but one day it will be the heart of something new and maybe it will be my sons first car aswell. when I heard the Camaro was coming back before I knew it was coming I saw the pics and went to my dealership and put my deposit on a gen 5. it might be 3 years but I dont care. its a Camaro. Its Beautiful. Its Power in Motion and I cant wait to own it. I have a Corvette but its not the same. ust like my 71 this will be the way I want it to be from front to back. and to know that nobody else has done anything to it will be peace of mind. This will not be my first new Vehicle but it will be my first New Vehicle that isnt purchased for work. and if I have to wait for another 5 years so GM gets it perfect I will wait patiently and keep reading every article that I can find on it.
MADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:01 AM   #40
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'm not sure I'll buy a 5th Gen. Camaro, if in order to do so, I have to sell my SS. :o

Let me preface this by saying I don't like to "brag" about my Camaro. There are many more Camaro's out there that put mine to shame. But to me, my SS is special.

I thought more about this dilemma, (selling the SS in order to get a new Camaro), after taking the SS for a ride yesterday. While sitting at a red light, with the windows down and the t-tops off, I overheard some guys sitting in the panel truck alongside me commenting on the car. At the next light, they pulled alongside and we exchanged some comments about my SS. I pulled away feeling extremely proud to be driving a Camaro.

It also made me think of all the times I see someone enjoying their 1st or 2nd Gen. Camaro, and how I think how lucky they are to own such a cool Camaro. "They don't make them like that anymore". It made me wonder if there are people out there making similar comments about the 4th Gen.?

All I know is, I drove home feeling lucky to own my SS and I enjoyed every minute of the ride. Once I got home, I treated the SS to a nice bath and some Zaino.

The 5th Gen. Camaro is going to be awesome for sure. Just don't forget to enjoy the Camaro you already own. Regardless of age, or condition, all Camaro's are special. And I'm afraid to say, mine is too special to me to sell for any reason.
A camaro is a camaro!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #41
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
never sell the thing you love... love it.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #42
lsuduke

Drives: 06 Saturn Vue
new Camaro

I have decided that I have to get myself a new Camaro. There are several reasons, first it reminds me of the 1st gen's that I love the body contours of sooooo much. Second, I had a Camaro , Black 91 RS V-8 5spd with T-tops , what a blast that car was. I had to trade it to get a more family style car when I got married and had kids. Carseats and that car just didn't mix, like many of you i am sure, it was a tearful goodbye. So here I am years later, my kids are out of car seats and my wife has the minivan, perfect opportunity to rekindle the love affair that ended nearly 10 years ago. Although I can't bring her back, I can begin a new chapter with a new Camaro, and as some of you have said, I'll be buried in this car. Long live the new Camaro.
lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote