Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I believe the red one is a 6th gen design proposal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I hope not. It looks good, but doesn't say Camaro to me. If the Camaro ends up like this I may be going elsewhere for my next car.
Yeah...just a photoshop from someone who tried to put out there their thoughts of what the next gen Mustang and Camaro could be like.

But I'm with TaylorRyan...its a good looking car...but not for the Camaro name.

So back to the ATS....has there been any magazine driver reviews/impressions as of yet...or are those still coming? Could have sworn I saw some driving impressions from Motortrend, but I might be dreaming that up lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
A coupe should have less interior room than a luxury sedan. At only 10% less it is actually surprising how much room it DOES have. Hopefully they can do more with less (size that is).
They've done a lot of work in the ATS to maximize interior room with what a small body they have to work with. That's good news. A lot of the 5th gen Camaros deficiencies are directly due to "working with what they had" in the Zeta chassis. It's not bad AT ALL.....but it isn't ideal. Alpha isn't ideal either in ATS form...Camaro was never truly "compact".

There's nothing wrong with the current Camaro - it hangs with the best, if it doesn't beat them...but it can be improved, as can all things....however, there's only so far you can go (imo) before "improving" becomes "changing"...Camaro doesn't need to be changed. As DGthe3 said, long hood, short deck is a must...as is RWD as we all know. And the design that killed this generation benefited greatly from that "chopped roof" look, among other key design features.

The original Camaro was 186" long, 74" wide, and 52" tall. I'd like to see the next generation hit those numbers...and while doing so at least maintain the interior room of the current car, if not open it up just a touch more. Those exterior numbers would split the difference between the ATS and the current Camaro. One being slightly too small, and the other slightly too big.

All IMHO, of course...
Old 07-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #59
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Hmmmm..... (Chevelle)

I hope that wouldn't be the return of the Chevelle. It looks nothing like any Chevelle I have ever seen.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #60
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They've done a lot of work in the ATS to maximize interior room with what a small body they have to work with. That's good news. A lot of the 5th gen Camaros deficiencies are directly due to "working with what they had" in the Zeta chassis. It's not bad AT ALL.....but it isn't ideal. Alpha isn't ideal either in ATS form...Camaro was never truly "compact".

There's nothing wrong with the current Camaro - it hangs with the best, if it doesn't beat them...but it can be improved, as can all things....however, there's only so far you can go (imo) before "improving" becomes "changing"...Camaro doesn't need to be changed. As DGthe3 said, long hood, short deck is a must...as is RWD as we all know. And the design that killed this generation benefited greatly from that "chopped roof" look, among other key design features.

The original Camaro was 186" long, 74" wide, and 52" tall. I'd like to see the next generation hit those numbers...and while doing so at least maintain the interior room of the current car, if not open it up just a touch more. Those exterior numbers would split the difference between the ATS and the current Camaro. One being slightly too small, and the other slightly too big.

All IMHO, of course...
AGREED!!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #61
02sscamaro

Drives: camaro
If that's going to be the new Chevelle sign me up...

More ATS news:

ATS 2.5L gets EPA approved 22/33 MPG city/highway

Quote:
The Environmental Protection Agency has revealed the first official fuel economy numbers for the 2013 Cadillac ATS. When equipped with its base 2.5-liter inline-four engine and six-speed automatic transmission, the Cadillac ATS will return 22/33 mpg (city/highway), with a combined..Full Article
02sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #62
02sscamaro

ATS vs. the World

Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #63
KMPrenger

A recent MT article on the 2014 Cadillac CTS states that they may release a higher HP version of the N/A 3.6 as well. So I wonder if that just means they may bump the power to the current 323 in the Camaro from the ATS rating which is a bit lower...or if they will go for a nice bump in the 340 or so range.

Imagine that in a lighter Alpha chasis...got 370Z like performance written all over it.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #64
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
A recent MT article on the 2014 Cadillac CTS states that they may release a higher HP version of the N/A 3.6 as well. So I wonder if that just means they may bump the power to the current 323 in the Camaro from the ATS rating which is a bit lower...or if they will go for a nice bump in the 340 or so range.

Imagine that in a lighter Alpha chasis...got 370Z like performance written all over it.
I was hoping myself that a NA v-6 would make its way into a 6th gen Camaro. I'm getting a 1LE this time around but a Camaro like you're descriibing would make a great, fun daily driver.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #65
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
ATS-V is on the way.

LS-series engines are dead.

It will have either a TTV6 or a Gen V V8. The decision has been made, just not revealed to anyone outside engineering.
i know what it will have

http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-M3-2013/specs/

It'll have what this ^^ has plus 10-15hp more
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #66
02sscamaro

Quote:

Let's get one thing straight; the 2013 Cadillac ATS is not a super-car. It is not going to propel you from 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. It is not going to zip James Bond around while conveniently dodging rocket-propelled grenades and machine gun equipped helicopters in his next feature film. If your personal image of this car includes you hopping out of the driver's seat, doors opening Lambo-style as you enter the club with your model girlfriend, you may want to stop reading now.

But all this just provides a stronger argument as to why this car is the most exciting new car of the 2013 model year...FULL PREVIEW
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #67
02sscamaro

Official 2013 Cadillac ATS Catalog

Old 09-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #68
02sscamaro

2013 Cadillac ATS 1/4 Mile and 0 to 60

Quote:
Acceleration testing on a pre-production ATS Premium 3.6 at an unfamiliar test venue resulted in 60 mph in 5.7 seconds (5.4 seconds with a 1-foot rollout as at a drag strip) and the quarter-mile in 13.9 seconds at 101.9 mph.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #69
KMPrenger

Love this car.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #70
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sscamaro View Post
That trap speed is good for mid 13s, the car probably just didnt hook.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote