Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #435
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Good post!
As for the actual performance... as you pointed out, we have yet to see one of these FI cars truly live up to the dyno numbers at the track... Almost seems to me that they work great on the dyno but once you put them under the load of actually being on the track they basically fall on their face... Not sure what is going on...
Sure does look that way, but then again we also have evidence to support that a boosted LLT can GO such as the video from PT_Killa. I just don't think they have all the neccessary supporting mods to throw down a killer run on the 1/4.

I thought Tracy was preparing to hit the track in a week or two with Gretchen? I know for sure that I've read that a few times.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #436
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sure does look that way, but then again we also have evidence to support that a boosted LLT can GO such as the video from PT_Killa. I just don't think they have all the neccessary supporting mods to throw down a killer run on the 1/4.

I thought Tracy was preparing to hit the track in a week or two with Gretchen? I know for sure that I've read that a few times.
Yeah, not sure what exactly the status is for Gretchen... i've read that too... but I thought the new turbos weren't expected for a while yet... so i'm a bit confused...

Yep... PT's ride sure looks great... now I may have missed it, but was there any actually timed data?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #437
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
I didn't see any track times for Pt, I think he's referring to the video of the stall converter.
Great video BTW
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #438
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Good post!

It's very much a two edged sword... you need to get the word out about your product... you need to get people excited... you need some hype... but then you better be able to deliver... deliver in some kind of reasonable time frame... Lingenfelter is a perfect example! All the HYPE... Even gave us DATES... then it all fell by the wayside... complete FAIL...

Tracy at RX has been hyping Gretchen's build for while now... But IMHO it's a bit more subdued hype... no glitzy, over the top burnout videos... And yes, Gretchen has run into issues but Tracy has always been up front and never made excuses... So where is Gretchen at now? In a holding pattern... is that disappointing? You bet! Tracy had told us the big hold up now is the new turbos that are currently constrained until January... So come say the March time frame, I will hold his feet to the fire just like everyone else!

As for the actual performance... as you pointed out, we have yet to see one of these FI cars truly live up to the dyno numbers at the track... Almost seems to me that they work great on the dyno but once you put them under the load of actually being on the track they basically fall on their face... Not sure what is going on... Really needed some actual data from the IPF car... not just a Pinks arm drop race... Now the V6 car did have a GoPro up front point back.. it should have been able to capture both cars launching... that would be interesting to see...

The video looked more like a show rather than actually showing raw data, but like scrming said, they had the front and back pov via gopro so I wonder why it was edited that way If I was IPF I would just shut everybody up and get the 400+ to the rear SC 1/4 mile time. If I had it I would flaunt it against my competitions.

This left more questions than answers for me..
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #439
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post

The video looked more like a show rather than actually showing raw data, but like scrming said, they had the front and back pov via gopro so I wonder why it was edited that way If I was IPF I would just shut everybody up and get the 400+ to the rear SC 1/4 mile time. If I had it I would flaunt it against my competitions.

They did say they had more footage to edit and more video was coming!! They do produce a nice video!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #440
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Must take a while to process the film.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #441
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
**** WARNING -- THREAD JACK ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Quote:
Yeah, not sure what exactly the status is for Gretchen... i've read that too... but I thought the new turbos weren't expected for a while yet... so i'm a bit confused...

Yep... PT's ride sure looks great... now I may have missed it, but was there any actually timed data?
Planning on using some Garrets until the Borg-Warners come in. The motor is back in (check out the other site) and I think he's still planning to run this weekend (crossed fingers).

**** RESUME NORMAL THREAD POSTING ****
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #442
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post

Maybe they did already and the numbers didn't pan out?

These guys need to chime in before this thread gets outta hand and they begin to lose credibility.
DesertCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #443
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:

Its not perfect timed data (different conditions, elevation, tempurature etc.) but here is a thread for some 60-130mph comparison runs of different vehicles:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185665

Lets say the 575whp SS in the video had a bad day when it ran 60-130 in 12 seconds, that means at least if I had a good day my car would only be about 1 second slower in 60-130mph. I guess the only problem is that I've never had a dyno completed so it will be hard to compare and contrast to other builds.

IPF build looks great regardless, more options the better as long as the price translates to the power offered!!!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #444
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Maybe they are trying to get the editor from fast and furious to cut the video and make it look really really fast.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #445
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Its not perfect timed data (different conditions, elevation, tempurature etc.) but here is a thread for some 60-130mph comparison runs of different vehicles:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185665

Lets say the 575whp SS in the video had a bad day when it ran 60-130 in 12 seconds, that means at least if I had a good day my car would only be about 1 second slower in 60-130mph. I guess the only problem is that I've never had a dyno completed so it will be hard to compare and contrast to other builds.

IPF build looks great regardless, more options the better as long as the price translates to the power offered!!!
Thing is the first 60' is incredibly important... you aren't going to know that from your rolling runs...
Old 12-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #446
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Thing is the first 60' is incredibly important... you aren't going to know that from your rolling runs...
Oh yea, im sorry i didnt read everything correctly, i don't have any good 1/4 times yet, my 60' will read "no traction"
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #447
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Do the SS's have so much trouble with traction as well?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #448
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Do the SS's have so much trouble with traction as well?
They can....