Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #57
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Every comparable car to the Camaro is within a couple hundred pounds. It's not that heavy (comparably), much less 'fat'. This car was overbuilt to handle SERIOUS power. Take that into consideration....

As for the Accord. I have absolutely no worries. The last numbers GM released was mid-late last year...they're ancient history now as the team has been massaging these cars over the past months. > Honda.
sorry I hope your right with the #s and I do not agree with the weight thing I mean a lexus GS 350 weighs about the same as the V6 camaro this is not acceptable to me. and an infiniti G coupe weighs less so does the sedan by even more. I still love the car and would never buy anything but GM but im just realizing this car is a little on the plump side and im not too happy about it.
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #58
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
A use-less fact ....
Evo IX ring time 8.11
Evo X has a +/- same HP, a lil more LBS and about the same tracks times on various tracks .
And 1 more use-less fact Evo X's are getting 60-100 whp gains with a reflash(or piggy back) and/or MBC's(running mid to high 12's).................
Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #59
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylepo View Post
sorry I hope your right with the #s and I do not agree with the weight thing I mean a lexus GS 350 weighs about the same as the V6 camaro this is not acceptable to me. and an infiniti G coupe weighs less so does the sedan by even more. I still love the car and would never buy anything but GM but im just realizing this car is a little on the plump side and im not too happy about it.
Understandable, I suppose. Another thing to think about it...how much do those cars cost?

But the good thing is performance isn't hindered on the Camaro. The suspension does a great job at 'hiding' the weight based on magazine reviews and reports from the Camaro "disciples". It's an awesome vehicle.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #60
kylepo

Quote:
Understandable, I suppose. Another thing to think about it...how much do those cars cost?

But the good thing is performance isn't hindered on the Camaro. The suspension does a great job at 'hiding' the weight based on magazine reviews and reports from the Camaro "disciples". It's an awesome vehicle.
Yeah I know the cost but they are luxury sedans and coupes the camaro is a sports/muscle coupe. and all of the formentioned cars have all the gizmos and sound deading and all that other crap that luxury cars must have that camaro doesnt have that type of lexus crap. And the cars still come out lighter. I guess my gripes with the V6 dont really matter as that car is the car for every man and not a hardcore preformer like the SS but I just dont like the thought that their are accords and other cars out their like it that can give the V6 a solid run for the money.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #61
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If you think the Camaro weighs a lot, remember that the T4 Lancer Evo weighs ~3500 lbs. Cobalt SS weighs ~3000. The biggest difference between the two that would account for weight is AWD. Otherwise they are both turbocharged 4 cylinder compacts that seat 5 and have sport suspensions. That AWD system weighs a lot but not 500 lbs.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #62
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Yeah I know the cost but they are luxury sedans and coupes the camaro is a sports/muscle coupe. and all of the formentioned cars have all the gizmos and sound deading and all that other crap that luxury cars must have that camaro doesnt have that type of lexus crap. And the cars still come out lighter. I guess my gripes with the V6 dont really matter as that car is the car for every man and not a hardcore preformer like the SS but I just dont like the thought that their are accords and other cars out their like it that can give the V6 a solid run for the money.
GO watch a v6 review, write down the comments about how quiet the ride is, then read and re-read over and over again and answer some of your comments about sound deadening material, etc. The new Camaro transcends classification. It is a great car.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
...I just dont like the thought that their are accords and other cars out their like it that can give the V6 a solid run for the money.
As much as I hate to admit it, that's more of a testimate to the Accord, than a detraction from the Camaro....it just is. Performance isn't limited to any single type of vehicle anymore -- but that doesn't make it embarassing when a Cobalt SS or an Accord V6 can keep up with you.

Just think, those cars are on par with the BASE model of the Camaro...there's still a more powerful car in the lineup. The fact that the entire Camaro lineup can keep its head above the water so to speak is pretty impressive to me.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #64
kylepo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
GO watch a v6 review, write down the comments about how quiet the ride is, then read and re-read over and over again and answer some of your comments about sound deadening material, etc. The new Camaro transcends classification. It is a great car.
ok so are we going to argue about tech sound deading in a lexus GS vs the camaro???? because the two cars are about the same size and weight.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #65
kylepo

Quote:
As much as I hate to admit it, that's more of a testimate to the Accord, than a detraction from the Camaro....it just is. Performance isn't limited to any single type of vehicle anymore -- but that doesn't make it embarassing when a Cobalt SS or an Accord V6 can keep up with you.

Just think, those cars are on par with the BASE model of the Camaro...there's still a more powerful car in the lineup. The fact that the entire Camaro lineup can keep its head above the water so to speak is pretty impressive to me.
yeah your right but I dont like that lol about the accord that is. im sorry I still stand by my statement that no freaking honda accord should ever be able to touch a camaro.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #66
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
ok so are we going to argue about tech sound deading in a lexus GS vs the camaro???? because the two cars are about the same size and weight.
Read the last two sentences.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #67
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
yeah your right but I dont like that lol about the accord that is.
pfft. Neither do I. It hurt me to type that.
I'm just not going to put down the Camaro because of it, though...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #68
kylepo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Read the last two sentences.
ok re read this. LEXUS GS. you can hardly hear the outside world in that car at all or feel the road. I hope the camaro is not like that.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #69
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
There is always a bigger fish. The base model Camaro is an oustanding car for it's price. Once you start comparing it to other cars costing considerably more of course you're going to get disappointed a few times. The brilliance of this is that the car is so good you must start looking out of it's price range to find competition. Be happy for that.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #70
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
There is always a bigger fish. The base model Camaro is an oustanding car for it's price. Once you start comparing it to other cars costing considerably more of course you're going to get disappointed a few times. The brilliance of this is that the car is so good you must start looking out of it's price range to find competition. Be happy for that.
This is what I've been trying to say over and over again.

For Example - Yes, a 2010 mustang GT will be able to beat a Camaro V6 at the strip (by all of .5 if you use the old GM estimate. I'm thinking it'll closer to .3 or .4 once they knock that .2 off the 0-60) but the difference will be incredibly small! Maybe a car length and a half at the finish line, at most! And considering that the mustang w/ track package (which is the one that got the 13.8 1/4) will cost as least 30,000, and 33,000 if its an option only available on the GT premium - we're talking a SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR DIFFERENCE in price. For the money, the GT should be a lot more than a car length ahead at the finish line.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote