Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Smile TSW Nurburgring Tire Size

So I was thinking about getting the same size wheels on all 4 corners to reduce the under steer of my SS a bit. Would u guys recommend it or should I get wider wheels in the back? I think the widest the Nurburgrings come in is 10.5"...so maybe 9.5" in the front and 10.5" in the back? What's the width of the SS rims?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
SamSS

And I'm gonna go with 20" rims
Old 08-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Speed Depot

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Speed Depot
The 10.5" nurburgring doesn't have the right offset. The widest with the correct +35 offset is 10.0". You can use the 20x10.0 all around with no problems.
Speed Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
SamSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Depot View Post
The 10.5" nurburgring doesn't have the right offset. The widest with the correct +35 offset is 10.0". You can use the 20x10.0 all around with no problems.
Would u recommend it on a daily driver? Would it affect the driveability? I drive it pretty hard on the streets though.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Speed Depot

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Speed Depot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
Would u recommend it on a daily driver? Would it affect the driveability? I drive it pretty hard on the streets though.
Depending on the tire sizes you put they will most likely rub. I would recommend you use the 20x10 rear, you will have no problems.
Speed Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
I just put 20x10's on all corners with 275/40's in the front and 315/35's in the rear. I'm dropped 1.4", no rubbing at all and they tuck nicely!
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
SamSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornluckee13 View Post
I just put 20x10's on all corners with 275/40's in the front and 315/35's in the rear. I'm dropped 1.4", no rubbing at all and they tuck nicely!
I was thinking about doing 315 in the back but doesn't the tire stick out of the rims a.bit? I heard that's bad for the.handling
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
They are a little wider than the rims but I dont have any excessive bulging. Havent had a chance to play yet but I dont expect any problems. Many members are running invo's the same size but from I understand the nt05's have to square of a profile and will not tuck as nicely. The vredestiens are supposed to have a stiff sidewall so Im hoping to actually increase performance in that arena as well. I will try to get pics up for you of the sidewall and fender clearances if youd like.
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
SamSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornluckee13 View Post
They are a little wider than the rims but I dont have any excessive bulging. Havent had a chance to play yet but I dont expect any problems. Many members are running invo's the same size but from I understand the nt05's have to square of a profile and will not tuck as nicely. The vredestiens are supposed to have a stiff sidewall so Im hoping to actually increase performance in that arena as well. I will try to get pics up for you of the sidewall and fender clearances if youd like.
Id appreciate that.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
These are my TSW's that I got from Tony at Speed Depot way back in 2010.
I eventually put on 275/315 Nitto NT05s front/rear. I'm running -2 degree camber up front and -1.8 in the rear, so the tops of the tires tuck way into the fenders. These NT05s fit the 9" fronts and 10" rears really well and gives the car a really aggressive looking stance.

Pic looking down the front of the car.
Name:  1-frontview.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  129.6 KB

Pic looking down the front fender.
Name:  2-front fender.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  91.0 KB

Pic looking down the rear fender.
Name:  3-rear fender.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  85.6 KB

Pic looking from the rear.
Name:  4-rearview.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  113.0 KB

Tire pics.
Name:  5_275 fronts.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  293.2 KB
Name:  6_315 rears.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  255.8 KB
Name:  7-nt05.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  299.3 KB
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote