Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #743
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
We aren't going to Indy for anything other than hanging out with fellow C5ers and some racing. They don't pick Fest locations for how entertaining the surroundings are. Last Fest the only reason I left the parking lot was to eat or go to LOR.
Well said !

I can't wait either !!!!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #744
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
7 months wooooooo . it is on
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #745
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Ok, I get the absention over the location for C5F IV. Personally, after III, I resigned myself to waiting a few years before being able to go to another one. But, for all the people that are saying it's "dumb" or "too far" or where they would have preferred it, are you reading the post's from the Mods? They have explained that for II and III they spent months searching and finalizing contracts etc. They took the approach that with the fest getting bigger and bigger, that they needed to concentrate on the fest itself. How in the hell can anyone get pissed off when the Mods are concentrating on fine tuning the fest so that when they start moving it around the country, it will be streamlined and a much improved event? I don't get it. Would you rather that the organizers spend 75% on location and 25% on the fest itself every year? Only to bitch about all the little things that are clustered because the organizers had to put the majority of their time on location. After IV, if I can't go to one for a few years, I'm ok with it, as long as the fest itself is much improved.

My guess is that the mods probably had that sick feeling in their stomachs and high anxiety when they were ready to announce the location. Every year there is bitching about the location, and I suspect this years announcement will top the charts on the bitch-o-meter. But the fact that the mods are trying to present a much improved fest when the rotation starts up again should be commended. Not condemned.

I for one would like to thank those organizers that, under scrutiny, recognized a need for a more organized fest and have the foresight to want to present a high quality fest for everybody!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #746
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Ok, I get the absention over the location for C5F IV. Personally, after III, I resigned myself to waiting a few years before being able to go to another one. But, for all the people that are saying it's "dumb" or "too far" or where they would have preferred it, are you reading the post's from the Mods? They have explained that for II and III they spent months searching and finalizing contracts etc. They took the approach that with the fest getting bigger and bigger, that they needed to concentrate on the fest itself. How in the hell can anyone get pissed off when the Mods are concentrating on fine tuning the fest so that when they start moving it around the country, it will be streamlined and a much improved event? I don't get it. Would you rather that the organizers spend 75% on location and 25% on the fest itself every year? Only to bitch about all the little things that are clustered because the organizers had to put the majority of their time on location. After IV, if I can't go to one for a few years, I'm ok with it, as long as the fest itself is much improved.

My guess is that the mods probably had that sick feeling in their stomachs and high anxiety when they were ready to announce the location. Every year there is bitching about the location, and I suspect this years announcement will top the charts on the bitch-o-meter. But the fact that the mods are trying to present a much improved fest when the rotation starts up again should be commended. Not condemned.

I for one would like to thank those organizers that, under scrutiny, recognized a need for a more organized fest and have the foresight to want to present a high quality fest for everybody!!!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #747
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Kycamaross,

My sincerest thanks to you for your kind words and ability to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" as it were, as we do.

You are very correct in your conclusions and statements, and I'm so grateful and appreciative that you took the time to post that in here. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #748
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Damn, I've been officially classified as "Hardcore", damn. Brad, do I take off to attend again or should I work next event?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #749
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #750
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:

Well said my friend .

All of us who volunteered at the "camarocross" last year have been meeting roughly once a month trying to figure out how to stream line the event for this up coming fest. Last year was a blast once we smoothed out the bumps and I can promise you this year is going to be amazing. All of the workers will be back this year with a plan set in stone to make it the most enjoyable "camarocross" to date.

With that being said I know the moderators have doing the same to make the fest a well oiled machine. When we do move it again we can concentrate on the location and adjust our plan as needed to fit that location instead of figuring it all out again.

See you all at the Fest and the party at the hotel only 8 more months
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #751
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
They should have done it West/East coast then switch. Then Middle of the country, further south.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #752
james347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
Bad call IMO. Should have been more towards the middle of the country. Indiana is friggin boring folks. I travel there every 4 weeks for work to visit a customer, and I can tell you that there is no good reason to have it in this town. The best reason against it, the cops suck. They are hard core up there and it would have been so much better in Texas, Alabama, Georgia, etc...
+1
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #753
james347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
how far away is . from Indy?
Very, very far!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #754
james347

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
That almost seems like a philisophical question...
That's also too far!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #755
bn1651

Drives: 2SS/RS ,6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
I did same to Chandler. 4 days, east coast to Firebird & will remember for the rest of my life. No complaints. I can hope for fest to be closer 1 day but getting there is 1/2 the fun. See you in Indy in 7 months.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Yea im looking forward to the drive, maybe we can get a group together and convoy. I definitely want to get the hotel booked super soon as last year I didnt stay at the host hotel and that looked like a blast.
bn1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #756
bn1651

Drives: 2SS/RS ,6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
That's awesome! That's one trip I want to take some day.
Its an incredible drive and totally an easy trip to take. seriously maybe 4 or 5 tanks of gas a couple of days and an awesome adventure, maybe ill post up some of my pics here so some of the people driving long distances will get motivated haha.
bn1651 is offline   Reply With Quote