Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: How much will the Challenger R/T cost?
19,000-24,000 0 0%
24,000-29,000 22 36.67%
30,000+ 38 63.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #15
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
The Challenger is too heavy.

it wont sell.

no one is going to pay 40+ to get beaten off the line by a Mustang gt comming in at almost 15k less. not going to happen.

i almost feel bad for dodge, in the way that the challenger is a last ditch effort to save a company which they made too heavy and too dull. even mopar heads have to be wondering what went wrong.

the Camaro is going to be the king. end of story. its not over priced, its unique, it mantains a high level of historical significance, and it will beat the mustang and/or the challenger off the line. that 500 hp (hopefully SS) camaro will be looking to the german cars for a challenge after it scares the mustangs and mopars back to the woods.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post

it wont sell.

no one is going to pay 40+ to get beaten off the line by a Mustang gt comming in at almost 15k less. not going to happen.

i almost feel bad for dodge, in the way that the challenger is a last ditch effort to save a company which they made too heavy and too dull. even mopar heads have to be wondering what went wrong.

the Camaro is going to be the king. end of story. its not over priced, its unique, it mantains a high level of historical significance, and it will beat the mustang and/or the challenger off the line. that 500 hp (hopefully SS) camaro will be looking to the german cars for a challenge after it scares the mustangs and mopars back to the woods.
First and foremost welcome!

2nd, Yes it will sell for several reasons, one of which is that its a great platform/drivetrain. Thats been proved by the 300/charger/magnum, and yes they are all that heavy. This car, just like the camaro will probably be a very good badly needed boost for sales that BOTH GM and DCX needs.

Being first in a drag race isnt the end all be all of car sales, in fact if it was you wouldnt be able to buy a yaris, aveo, focus, ect..

These coupes are more about the common non-enthusiast sales. YES the chally will probably loose enthusiast sales to the mustang and camaro, but not enough for it to tank(pun intended).
Old 04-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post

it wont sell.

Well said newbie! Welcome onboard.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post

GT 500 premium (built on ford.com loaded) is $33,500
I know that this was said a while ago and diarmadhi made a correction but the GT500's MSRP is ACTUALLY $42k...base...without destination charges, taxes, or titles and registration fees...that's just for some perspective...with that being said..."500 hp+" at $33k isn't happening...

BUT...base level V8?? $27k?? I sure hope so

And in regards to the Challenger...$31k for the R/T sounds very right...

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #19
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
I don’t think that the Challenger is aimed at the same crowd as the Mustang and Camaro. It is probably more appealing to Baby Boomers who had (or wished that they had) muscle cars in the late 60’s or early 70’s and are feeling nostalgic. They wouldn’t be will to live with a real performance car, but they would like some of the fun. So Mopar is offering them a big cushy semi-sporty retro car.

Sounds like a pretty good business case to me. Just like the new Beatle; it has nothing but its basic shape in common with the old Beatle but that is enough. Anyone who has driven one of the old, air cooled bugs knows you couldn’t sell that no heat, no AC, no performance, no comfort experience for more than a couple grand today, but the new one flew off the lots with AC, leather and 200hp (vs. 30-40 in the old ones).

I do think the MSRP on the SRT8s is going to drop a bit next year. I think Mopar saw what demand was going to be like and didn’t want the dealerships to get all the markup money. I think they even called ’08 a limited edition.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote