Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
need-one-bad
Doc

Drives: 79 corvette
A Challenger?

Had the local Dodge Dealer in my office this morning, said he was getting two new Challengers in(Black & Silver). He knows I'm waiting for the Camaro, but likes to give me a hard time. He said they would start the"bidding" an $57K. I hope the GM dealers don't pull the same crap. (Guess I'll take it in the shorts if they do, cuz I meed-one-bad!)
need-one-bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
$57k!!!!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Lame...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Lol, Want a contact to get one at MSRP? I gott'em...
Old 02-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Big Boss Man
Roc's Rule

Drives: 04 Denali 89 Iroc
I wouldnt pay .57 cents for a dodge
Big Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
Jackster

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Skype™ to Jackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Lol, Want a contact to get one at MSRP? I gott'em...
i do
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
I wouldnt pay .57 cents for a dodge
Especially when its a 2+ ton tugboat on wheels....
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
i do
If your serious PM me and I will get you the info.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Everyone thats into cars that I usually hang around with all seem to love the Challenger.. I'm the only one that thinks its average.. There is no way I would pay that much for a Challenger. Waste of money honestly..

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Everyone thats into cars that I usually hang around with all seem to love the Challenger.. I'm the only one that thinks its average.. There is no way I would pay that much for a Challenger. Waste of money honestly..
Same here. Most dont care for the Camaro too much, but they like the Challenger. Then again, most of the people around me are into exotics and imports too. But thats fine.

The Camaro won't have nearly the same markups because of supply and demand. There will likely be at least as many high end Camaros, possibly more. Plus, there are some 6000 people who are buying a Challenger this year and very few of them will buy the Camaro. So, there is going to be a greater supply and possibly less demand. Therefore, price will be lower
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I don't have anything against the Challenger, but it don't call out to me like the Camaro. (Does that make any sense?) I mean I see the Challenger and I think, "Nice car." I see the Camaro and I think, " Oh, yeah, that's it."
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #12
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
I don't have anything against the Challenger, but it don't call out to me like the Camaro. (Does that make any sense?) I mean I see the Challenger and I think, "Nice car." I see the Camaro and I think, " Oh, yeah, that's it."
I totally understand...I'm the same way. The Challenger seems to be very reliant on its retro exterior styling. While the Camaro does harken back to some design cues of the original Camaros, it's not a complete retro vehicle...it's still very fresh and modern. The Challenger doesn't have much exterior detailing. It's better than the show car was, but it still looks rather plain with the bare minimum of linework.

And the interior...somehow, I knew long before the official pics hit the Intertubes that the production version of the Challenger was going to be a hard plastic parts-bin warm-over of the Charger, and not anything special. I've been driving a Dodge for a while now...I want an interior with a bit of pizazz, and the Camaro delivers a far better option.

Plus, for what I want, the Challenger is too huge. Looking at a sporty car, something that large just doesn't look like it's good for anything but straight-line speed. The new Camaro, with its suspension, wide stance, and long wheelbase just begs to be flicked through the twisties, and I'll be more than happy to oblige.
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #13
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Angry Mark Ups...

The reason there are mark ups on "New Vehicles" is do to shady dealerships selling their product at supplier price. Most people think there goin to get screwed when they purchase a new car like the good old days when dealerships use to pull quick ones on people. So by as customers now days are lookin for a "good deal" what they really are doin is screw the saleman and the dealership. And so that doesn't happen to a new car like the Challenger and the Camaro, it's not a shock that daelerships WILL make them up so as up chip away at the mark up they still sale the car for the window sticker, aka: MSRP.

And just remember salesman have families too. And if the price on the window is too high, look at a lesser equiped model or lesser equiped vehicle.

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
octane_n_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #14
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_n_veins View Post
The reason there are mark ups on "New Vehicles" is do to shady dealerships selling their product at supplier price. Most people think there goin to get screwed when they purchase a new car like the good old days when dealerships use to pull quick ones on people. So by as customers now days are lookin for a "good deal" what they really are doin is screw the saleman and the dealership. And so that doesn't happen to a new car like the Challenger and the Camaro, it's not a shock that daelerships WILL make them up so as up chip away at the mark up they still sale the car for the window sticker, aka: MSRP.

And just remember salesman have families too. And if the price on the window is too high, look at a lesser equiped model or lesser equiped vehicle.
You must be a salesman.
bouncertime is offline   Reply With Quote