Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #435
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Tonsillitis, day 7....ack!
I did work today, but it was exhausting. Came home and took a big ole nap...lol.
Dental surgery scheduled for Dec 2....ack again!
Getting old sux!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #436
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Yes it does. Sorry to see you've been sick. You can always hope it hangs on til 12/2 and then you won't have surgery!

Speaking of which, I had my combo knee/foot neuroma this morning on my clutch leg so the vert is officially "winterized" for at least several weeks. I'm looking forward to two weeks off work and being waited on hand-and-foot over my favorite holiday. A little PT and I should be good as new by the first of the year.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #437
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
"It ain't the years, it's the mileage"
-Indiana Jones

Sorry you (and Indy) are having issues. Yeah, getting older stinks and it's not fun. 54 amateur fights and I can't number the street fights in my years growing up, if it's under 30 degrees (polar vortex) my hands HURT bad, real bad.

Stay warm and get the attention you need dear!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #438
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Yes it does. Sorry to see you've been sick. You can always hope it hangs on til 12/2 and then you won't have surgery!

Speaking of which, I had my combo knee/foot neuroma this morning on my clutch leg so the vert is officially "winterized" for at least several weeks. I'm looking forward to two weeks off work and being waited on hand-and-foot over my favorite holiday. A little PT and I should be good as new by the first of the year.
Thanks, Indy. I did read you had surgery; glad your Dr. agreed to do them both at the same time! Saves recovery time for sure! Wishes for a speedy recovery!

I've got to have the dental surgery, despite trying to ignore the problem and hoping it would go away for the last year or so. It's an extraction and implant all in one sitting. Kind of a big deal [with a BIG price tag...$3,500
...yikes!] as I will need a bone graft as well. aacckk! Can you imagine what fun I could have spending that $$$$$ on mods for the SS? lol!

MCL...I do remember you saying your hands hurt terribly, at times, from years of boxing. I do sympathize, my friend. I'm pretty sure genetics are at work sometimes after I've spent a day at the sewing machine. My thumbs ache and nearly 'freeze' up...definitely requires the good old NSAIDS for a day or 2.

My back is also NO better. Awaiting the first of the year to decide what to do next. I suspect CT and myelogram; I also suspect I may be told "it's something you are going to have to live with"! blah!
But, enough with the health report....it still SUX getting old! LOL!

Anyhoo....Camaro wise....my 2 lovelies have not been out of the garage in probably, the last 10 days. Doesn't look like they will get driven anytime soon as it's raining cats and dogs this morning, and we will stay soggy for a couple of days. At least the rain should wash all the sand and salt off the roads from our snow event last week end.

Hope everyone has a great week end! [those pain meds should make your week end a bit more tolerable, Indy! ]
Old 11-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #439
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drove both "lovelies" yesterday....hadn't realized how bad my perm-a-grin withdrawl really was! lol.
Also spent over an hour trying to get the iPod to work in the SS again. I had this issue back in June as well. Apparently a lot of people have 'issues' with My Link, ranging from iPod issues to phone/Bluetooth issues. Finally got it working after much frustration and some colorful language...hehe.

Dental surgery set for Tuesday; not looking forward to it, but will be glad to get it over with.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #440
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Drove both "lovelies" yesterday....hadn't realized how bad my perm-a-grin withdrawl really was! lol.
Also spent over an hour trying to get the iPod to work in the SS again. I had this issue back in June as well. Apparently a lot of people have 'issues' with My Link, ranging from iPod issues to phone/Bluetooth issues. Finally got it working after much frustration and some colorful language...hehe.

Dental surgery set for Tuesday; not looking forward to it, but will be glad to get it over with.

Have a great week everyone!
Back to work tomorrow, have not gotten up at 5am in like 12 days

Glad you got to drive the babies!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #441
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Back to work tomorrow, have not gotten up at 5am in like 12 days
Glad you got to drive the babies!
I know that feeling well! My problem is sometimes I don't sleep very well the night before I'm suppose to work...ack! Anxiety is a b!tch! I'm tired before I even get to work...lol!

My dental implant site is a little sore, but over all not to bad. I did have to take the 'BIG drugs' the day of surgery, but now I'm pretty much getting by with just 800mg Motrin, thank goodness. The hardest part is not chewing on the right side. Today is day 2 of lovely full liquids...cream of wheat and tomato soup are my friends...for now.

Happy week end to all...we're almost there!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #442
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I hope you are recovering well. I'm two weeks post-op now and it makes a world of difference. Got my stiches out Thursday, walking with only a shoe and down to Aleve for pain and swelling. We picked up our Christmas tree today and I got enough sympathy out of the fam that my son came over and set it up in the stand. I'm hoping to be good as new when Santa cones down the chimney. Hope you are on a good path of recovery.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #443
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I hope you are recovering well. I'm two weeks post-op now and it makes a world of difference. Got my stiches out Thursday, walking with only a shoe and down to Aleve for pain and swelling. We picked up our Christmas tree today and I got enough sympathy out of the fam that my son came over and set it up in the stand. I'm hoping to be good as new when Santa cones down the chimney. Hope you are on a good path of recovery.

Hi Indy,
Thanks for stopping by. Sounds like you're doing really good! Glad your recovery has gone so well. Those lovely 'walking' shoes are a PITA, but hey, they get ya where ya wanna go...lol.

I'm doing good. Just sore on the upper right side of my face. I'm also maintaining on Motrin and I'll be done with the antibiotics in a few days, so that also makes me happy...lol!

December 7, 1941. A day in Infamy. Bless all who was lost, and let us never forget.

Have a great week, friends!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #444
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Good to hear you are recovering nicely. You need to make your plans to be at the C5Fest in Bowling Green in August.........
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #445
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntmad8tr View Post
Good to hear you are recovering nicely. You need to make your plans to be at the C5Fest in Bowling Green in August.........
Thanks!

We are definitely considering going to C5Fest 2015. Several of our club members that usually go to C5fest are considering NOT going. sigh. We'll see. I definitely think it will be a great event.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #446
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Yes it will be great, and we need to make a row of SSE's. Myself and the other person in our club will both be there.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread

Last edited by ntmad8tr; 12-07-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #447
Muscle Car Lover

Hey!

I want to go to C5 fest but it's quite the hike. Plenty of time to think about it though! Hope you are well!

Old 12-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #448
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

You should come. It isn't that bad of a drive from Mass.