Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-11-2022, 06:44 PM   #519
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Yesterday a couple guys driving a black ‘22 SS pulled into one of my neighbor’s driveway. I of course had to go be nosey. Turned out he’s a wide receiver for a Big 10 school. Definitely someone who will be drafted into the NFL. Turns out he’s dating my neighbor’s granddaughter. Anyway, I start talking with him about the car. He knew it had a V8 and that it is scary fast. I gave him a bit of Camaro 101 and pulled my car around. He was impressed with the paint, the stripes, and the cold start. If he comes back through I’ll continue his lessons.

I didn’t have the heart to tell him that the parents of a starting offensive lineman on his school’s arch rival lived two doors down from his girlfriend.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:23 AM   #520
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Got a nice compliment from my new boss at work. Finally got the car out of winter storage and brought it into work this AM. Boss says... Is that your Camaro out there you got out of storage. I said it sure is. He says that is one sharp car... that color is beautiful he said. . The HBM sure gets a lot of compliments.

Now that the boss knows you drive a big gas guzzling V8, you can kiss that big pay raise away.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 05:48 AM   #521
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Now that the boss knows you drive a big gas guzzling V8, you can kiss that big pay raise away.
Right..!
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #522
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
A couple months back a drove it to a customer meeting and sure enough a lot of comments were made. I was like, cmon, it’s a camaro, not a mclaren. Should have driven the old truck.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:19 PM   #523
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
A couple months back a drove it to a customer meeting and sure enough a lot of comments were made. I was like, cmon, it’s a camaro, not a mclaren. Should have driven the old truck.
Not a fan of compliments?
Old 04-12-2022, 04:26 PM   #524
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Not a fan of compliments?
I'm guessing the comments were more along the lines of "If you can afford to drive a nice car like that you are charging us too much".

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 05:22 PM   #525
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
I'm guessing the comments were more along the lines of "If you can afford to drive a nice car like that you are charging us too much".
Ahh.. Ya, that could be
Old 04-12-2022, 05:39 PM   #526
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:

After having worked at GM for several years, I decided I'd rather give IT a shot. My first job was working for Apple. Considering that I could easily clear about $2.5K a week after taxes back in 2006 (working practically 40 hours of OT) I could easily afford an LS2 GTO (Employee discount also helped). Since it was early in my IT career, I found myself working with a lot of people that were maybe 5-10 years younger than me. The supervisor I was assigned to was also on the young side. To give you an idea, he was living with his fiancé's parents and I believe that they drove him to and from work. When he found out what I drove, he turned into a complete asshat. I'm just glad he didn't know that I was already living in a house by myself at the time. I can only imagine how he would've reacted. It helped that shortly after college I was working as an engineer for the semiconductor industry around the time that HD TVs were just coming out. I was cranking out a lot of OT then as well. A hundred hour work weeks wasn't too uncommon. It's really easy to build wealth when you don't care about your social or personal life and just crank on the hours. A lot of people don't like to see other people with nice things though. Oh well.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:58 PM   #527
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
It helped that shortly after college I was working as an engineer for the semiconductor industry around the time that HD TVs were just coming out. I was cranking out a lot of OT then as well. A hundred hour work weeks wasn't too uncommon. It's really easy to build wealth when you don't care about your social or personal life and just crank on the hours. A lot of people don't like to see other people with nice things though. Oh well.
One is much more inclined to put in crazy hours in their youth, before they realize the only limited commodity we all have is time, and in fact you don't even know how limited it may be...

That supervisor of yours lacked some perspective, that's for sure. It's not like the same avenue wasn't open for him, right? He was already a supervisor after all.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:11 PM   #528
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Today, a guy in his 50’s asked me if if my car is brand new, I answer yes. He smiles and tells me the car is ripped. I assumed that was a compliment and thanked him. The 1LE wheels really add a lot to the look. Even my neighbor, who’s not a car guy, said the car looked mean.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 04-12-2022 at 07:29 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #529
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
One is much more inclined to put in crazy hours in their youth, before they realize the only limited commodity we all have is time, and in fact you don't even know how limited it may be...

That supervisor of yours lacked some perspective, that's for sure. It's not like the same avenue wasn't open for him, right? He was already a supervisor after all.

Oh definitely. I won't get that time back. Worse part is that you dedicate your livelihood for them and are still cut when they aren't making as big a profit as they'd like. I do miss those $20K quarterly bonuses, though.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:49 AM   #530
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Oh definitely. I won't get that time back. Worse part is that you dedicate your livelihood for them and are still cut when they aren't making as big a profit as they'd like. I do miss those $20K quarterly bonuses, though.
I think I'm in the wrong job lol.

I'm happy I make the money I do, but Nice car + Decent house, and I still feel I live paycheck to paycheck. But I don't have a degree, just 15 years worth of experience doing what I do. I guess I'm a slow learner and took the long road. I just couldn't handle going through 3 more years of high school to get a 4 year degree. I mean I have certifications and all, but I really feel this is the first time in 15 years, I'm actually getting paid close to what I think I'm worth.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:32 PM   #531
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Spot on. Bias here, but the car may look like it’s worth a lot more than what I paid in 2019 used.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:34 PM   #532
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
After having worked at GM for several years, I decided I'd rather give IT a shot. My first job was working for Apple. Considering that I could easily clear about $2.5K a week after taxes back in 2006 (working practically 40 hours of OT) I could easily afford an LS2 GTO (Employee discount also helped). Since it was early in my IT career, I found myself working with a lot of people that were maybe 5-10 years younger than me. The supervisor I was assigned to was also on the young side. To give you an idea, he was living with his fiancé's parents and I believe that they drove him to and from work. When he found out what I drove, he turned into a complete asshat. I'm just glad he didn't know that I was already living in a house by myself at the time. I can only imagine how he would've reacted. It helped that shortly after college I was working as an engineer for the semiconductor industry around the time that HD TVs were just coming out. I was cranking out a lot of OT then as well. A hundred hour work weeks wasn't too uncommon. It's really easy to build wealth when you don't care about your social or personal life and just crank on the hours. A lot of people don't like to see other people with nice things though. Oh well.
Exactly, you never know how people are going to react and depending status and relationship, it could complicate things.