Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Does anybody like the interior in the new camaro
yes 24 77.42%
no 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
GM hasn't released anything yet.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 AM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
according to a few tv shows, the convertible has the vented leather in white. Looks bad ass. I'd like to get it in black with green under-inserts to match my paint.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #31
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I think most conversation has focused around the exterior because we know what we are getting - a car very closely resembling the concept. Witht he interior, it is anyone's guess. I wold be very suprised if the interior at all resembles what is in the concept. I do like the two toned interior and the syling of the seats in the convertible though.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think the only huge difference will be the color schemes, and the heat/radio controls.
They seem very adamant about the Two Rectangular spedo/odometer things
And very proud of the steering wheel.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #33
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think the only huge difference will be the color schemes, and the heat/radio controls.
They seem very adamant about the Two Rectangular spedo/odometer things
And very proud of the steering wheel.
I sure hope so!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #34
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 View Post
i dont like the interior in the camaro because its to futureristic looking. I no that its supposed to look like that but i personally dont like it. What do you think.
You're one of the first people I've heard say it looked 'futuristic'. I'm usually arguing with people that think it's uber-retro that it's NOT that retro.

With the exception of the odd Radio I think it's a nice blend of Future Retro and hope they keep most of it as-is.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I actually disagree, I WILL say that I didn't like it at first. But it has grown on me, and I will be upset if they change it significantly.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #36
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I actually disagree, I WILL say that I didn't like it at first. But it has grown on me, and I will be upset if they change it significantly.

Oh, I absolutely hated it at first. Then the more I looked at it the more I realized it was probably just the hideous orange they used.

Then when the convertible came out I KNEW it was just the orange. The Convertible's interior (dash) looks MUCH better than the coupe. But the radio/HVAC controls are just too 'odd' to stay production. That, and I'd like some storage down below there, as well as a couple cupholders...

Where they have white, I'd like to have silver in mine.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #37
wheeljack

Drives: had 1999 trans am
I think that the interior is clean!! I hope that they will offer the four gaugues down in the center console. The only problem with that is visibillity. They had better offer a hounds tooth option.
wheeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #38
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
I like it. Many dashes are too busy. I prefer simple designs, such as the S2000 and the new Camaro. Like the exterior, it's an original design but it's shows its lineage
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #39
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Umm, it's ok... The stripe that goes across the dash and widens into the door moldings looks a bit cheesy but other'nat I'm just glad GM didn't put digital gauges in there.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #40
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
Umm, it's ok... The stripe that goes across the dash and widens into the door moldings looks a bit cheesy but other'nat I'm just glad GM didn't put digital gauges in there.
i agree totally about the stripe however if the color is choseable/matched to the color of your car i would be ok with the strip of what looks like metal in the interior other than that and the gauges i am fine with the interior.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #41
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Hate the instrument panel... really hope they change the huge numbers and the placement of the tach... although I think it's neat how the fuel gauges, etc. are in the center by the shifter.

I'm also not crazy about the orange color of the coupe and prefer the convertible's coloring better.

I hope they have something kind of like the newer cars are coming out with where you can change the color of the lights in the instrument panel... I'm gonna go grey with all blue
Old 07-21-2007, 01:05 AM   #42
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Hate the instrument panel... really hope they change the huge numbers and the placement of the tach... although I think it's neat how the fuel gauges, etc. are in the center by the shifter.

I'm also not crazy about the orange color of the coupe and prefer the convertible's coloring better.

I hope they have something kind of like the newer cars are coming out with where you can change the color of the lights in the instrument panel... I'm gonna go grey with all blue
Ya i dont like the Gauges either, although, i know that they will have to give us more numbers than that.

I actually think that the DOT states no more than 20 mph incriments between the numbers on speedometers. (I might be completley wrong, its just what i heard)
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote