Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Don't recall seeing this on here before. Some new pics in the slide show that I don't remember seeing.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...ent/index.html
Yep. It's right here.
Threads merged.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
The ones on the 69s were fake. These will be fake.

Who cares? Now if opening them up would give me 50 hp, then yeah I'd care, but it won't so I don't.

Guess I'm more function than form.

And sorry about the repost.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
i SAW A MUSTANG WITH THE VENTS IN BLACK. IT LOOKED REALLY DUMB. I HOPE THEY DON'T PLAN ON DOING THAT!
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
What a great read! I am really impressed with the lengths that Cehvy is going to involve the public (especially people like us). I don't see Dodge or Ford doing that.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I agree; I haven't noticed the same following with the Mustang and Challenger. I'm sure Transformers helped in some regard to this, but I just don't see the same enthusiasm. Also, it's been six years since we've had a car, so...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #20
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Very nice.story...I can't wait to buy my Camaro and start my own little scrap book.!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #21
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Great article. One pics reveals some interior?http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...opment/11.html
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
nice article. just cant believe how long its been since i first heard of the new camaro..seems like yesterday i heard of it..but its been couple years since then..man how time flies..and so close to our camaro hiting the streets just cant wait!
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #23
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
All of our "in the know" members, including Pops (aka fbodfather), have said that the production car's vents will be indentations only, not functional vents like the concept.
I am a new member and have been reading the forums for months. This is my first post, and just want to share my opinion. I somehow missed this one on the rear vents. In my opinion, the vents do so much to draw your attention to the boldness of the car, especially in lighter colors. I for one am very disappointed they are not making the final production. This car does not deserve imitations of any kind, anywhere on it. I wish GM would make them real, or leave them off. Just my opinion, but, the indentations cheapen the look.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #24
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I am a new member and have been reading the forums for months. This is my first post, and just want to share my opinion. I somehow missed this one on the rear vents. In my opinion, the vents do so much to draw your attention to the boldness of the car, especially in lighter colors. I for one am very disappointed they are not making the final production. This car does not deserve imitations of any kind, anywhere on it. I wish GM would make them real, or leave them off. Just my opinion, but, the indentations cheapen the look.
this is all personal preference but i think they should keep the vents..even if there not functional. IMO they add to the car, making it more of wat it is..a camaro, and make it stand out and more recognizable to the general public. to me its one of many key things that make this car wat it is. JMO
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #25
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
If they're not going to be functional, I almost wish they would eliminate them altogether. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the ones on the concept, but if the final production cars are like the prepros that are tooling around, it just looks like a little jagged area in front of the wheel.

Like this:
they werent functional in 69 either.

nice article. i like the clay model pics.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #26
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Look at bumblebee or the silver concept car and imagine them "without" the black accent the rear vents give them. They will not look anywhere as menacing as they do with them. It seems a small thing to ask for them to remain. The front vents under the fog lights are gone, the rear brake vents are gone, the smooth rear bumper is gone....... I dont want this car to turn out like most of the other "retro" updated cars. I always wanted a Camaro and have never owned one. This car can become an instant classic if it sets itself apart in all the subtle areas. It just does not deserve to have anything but real, functional parts.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't think it would be a small thing to have them functional. It's been explained there are safety issues and what-not to do with them being only indentations. I agree it would be a lot cooler to have them like BB and the Concepts, however, I'm sure the completity in manufacturing the panels would be very uncost effective. I like function more than form, myself, however, I can understand the decision behind these.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I don't think it would be a small thing to have them functional. It's been explained there are safety issues and what-not to do with them being only indentations. I agree it would be a lot cooler to have them like BB and the Concepts, however, I'm sure the completity in manufacturing the panels would be very uncost effective. I like function more than form, myself, however, I can understand the decision behind these.
how hard is it to cut the sheet metal open?! it wouldn't cost very much to make these parts function al, and if done correctly it might actually save them money in material. the metal cut out of the vents can be melted down and reused. i'm with oldtimer. do it right boys or don't do it at all...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote