Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Are LS3 having same issues as L99?

Please make me feel better that the LS3 is not having the same tuning issues the L99s are. I’m a little nervous that the LS3 won’t run as fast as I would expect it to.

I see where GM has fixed Scott’s car and he said that he was able to keep up with a new Mustang the other day. I’m glad to hear that he got his car running better but “keeping up with a Mustang”? He should be walking on a Mustang! There was another OP with an L99 (albeit still with a slow tune) that got beat by a new Mustang.

Anyone have any stories of their LS3 tearing up a Mustang or Challenger or something? Please make me feel better.

It doesn’t make me want the Camaro less but I sure hope they don’t start getting a reputation for being slow.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
FastSSCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
What kind of tuning issues are the L99s having?
FastSSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I have already proven beyond any doubt to a 09 Mustang GT that my L99 is faster than his.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
FastSSCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
haha, Nice job. How much did you pull him by?
FastSSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSSCamaro View Post
What kind of tuning issues are the L99s having?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36923
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37761
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37501 (post #23)
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 08-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
The car will "learn" how you drive sooooooo if you drive the car like a p*ssy, the car will act like a p*ssy. Ask anyone here who beats on her regularily and they will tell you the car runs like a scolded bandit.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The car will "learn" how you drive sooooooo if you drive the car like a p*ssy, the car will act like a p*ssy. Ask anyone here who beats on her regularily and they will tell you the car runs like a scolded bandit.
Try again i drive mine like a stole it and it is having issues. 297 hp on the dyno and 6.8 0-60. I took it to the dealer today and as of now no fix. Most likely a tune issue waiting to hear from a gm district rep. May be the same issue as scott but i don't know yet.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Quote:
haha Best quote ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, and I can attest to that, after 4k i said F-it its a Camaro and started hittin the pedal hard. And oh it feells good... LS3 by the wat

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
Try again i drive mine like a stole it and it is having issues. 297 hp on the dyno and 6.8 0-60. I took it to the dealer today and as of now no fix. Most likely a tune issue waiting to hear from a gm district rep. May be the same issue as scott but i don't know yet.
Have you held the track button down for 5 seconds before beating on it?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Quote:
I think He's referring to the LS3's... Obviously GM is working through some issues with the L99's
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
caverman

Quote:
I would bet it's the same thing as Scott. Did you ever have 87 ocatne in the car? Sounds like the it could be the ECM not relearning properly. So far these issues seem to be on the L99.

No one is having this kind of stuff with the LS3 (I hope)?
Build Journal
Old 08-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #12
jhmurphy

Quote:
Have you held the track button down for 5 seconds before beating on it?

I've tried it in all three modes traction on, traction off, and in comp mode very little difference all in the 6s.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I would bet it's the same thing as Scott. Did you ever have 87 ocatne in the car? Sounds like the it could be the ECM not relearning properly. So far these issues seem to be on the L99.

not that anyone has posted here... Nor any of the GM insiders saying it's on the LS3's

Seems like the LS3 have been good to go.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
jhmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

I never have but the dealer did before i got the car. And yes it has only been on the L99s. I am confident that GM will fix the issue just waiting is killing me!!