Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #43
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
That article is confusing, it talks about the Zeta chassis, then goes to say those are just going to be extremely kitted 2nd gens (at least that's what I read).
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4824 View Post
but the GTO is rumored to look alot like the new camaro
Say's who? I've never heard that. Must not be listening too carefully, .
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #45
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
this was soo bound to happen camaro comes and following that is the firebird. and if u look back into the years of camaros and firebirds they r in most ways identical, the camaro looks better tho heheeh
and i doubt in anyway will the GTO look anything like a camaro there 2 very different body styles.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #46
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1tem4r3 View Post
this was soo bound to happen camaro comes and following that is the firebird...

Where's the new "read the thread" smilie?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #47
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
You'll have to save it from the other thread and post it up where ya want. I wonder if we can add new smilies to the smilie box.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #48
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
That article is confusing, it talks about the Zeta chassis, then goes to say those are just going to be extremely kitted 2nd gens (at least that's what I read).
Your Right, They are extremely modded 2nd gens

heres some more info

YearOne has started manufacturing (restoration) of Burt Reynolds Edition T/As. I seen this on a Spike TV show a month ago. They come in 3 versions, BAN1, BAN2, and BAN3.

“Three decades later, and YearOne is teaming the star and the car together again, with a modern performance makeover that injects supercar levels of power and grip into legendary style. The Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am by YearOne. It’s undeniably cool. It’s seriously fast. And it’s extremely limited. Get one while you can.
The Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am by YearOne starts at $129,900.00”

“Ban III includes a 515-horse dry-sump LS7 7.0 liter engine, and upgrades include a 605-horse dry-sump LS7, or a monster 8.8 liter (540-inch) Pontiac V8 making over 650 horsepower. A 5-speed manual is the only transmission offered on the Ban III.”

You get the idea… check the link to get the whole low down, it’s a great page with video too

they are all 1976-1978 Firebirds, MOST true T/As. They are not the above concept picture in the post

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/Default...m/yodnn/bandit
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #49
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1tem4r3 View Post
this was soo bound to happen camaro comes and following that is the firebird. and if u look back into the years of camaros and firebirds they r in most ways identical, the camaro looks better tho heheeh
and i doubt in anyway will the GTO look anything like a camaro there 2 very different body styles.
That is the best sig that I have seen yet!
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #50
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
Here is my take on everything.
First off i think Pontiac is looking to go in a "luxury" direction instead of a "performance" direction...for example look at the G8. Pontiac's have always sort of been that way...when comparing a firebird to a maro you can tell the firebird's lines/interior/and just over all look was better thought out than the maro. Since the 60's models i haven't cared for the maro's to much...hence the reason why i bought a firebird. But this new Camaro just seems to have it all. When i read not to long ago when someone asked lutz (i believe) why we would have to wait so long and his response was "we want to do it right"..i believe every word of that. Perfection takes time and GM seems to be realizing this finally. I would much rather have a Camaro and know that it doesn't look like anything else on the road. I think Firebird/Ta lovers would want the same thing if they were to start building them again. Being unique is what makes owning/driving a car so much fun. This is all just my .02

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #51
redneck13
Gear Head

Drives: 1998 Chevy Silverado
yall liked the camaro? check out its twin brother

ill take the red and black one

Red Neck
White Trash
Blue Collar

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 12-14-2007 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Double post...use edit button if something forgotten...
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:31 AM   #52
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Your reposting a lot, please start using the search function...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Thread merged................
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #54
big_bank5000
Bring it back!!!!!

Drives: 2008 G8 GT (its my baby)
Question Pontiac coming into the muscle car race?

As we all been hearing the big fame for the new and upcoming 2009 camaro. As you know like i do camaro means another firebird (trans am). so i did some research and i ran across three concepts of the 2010 firebird.
1) http://www.automk.com/auto_img11/200...3960977801.jpg
2) http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5756/7kpwv1fu.jpg
3) http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4752/nos2006ru5.jpg

Now lots of speculation has been raised for these concept but the one that seems to be for sure is the number on pic. now i love all three concepts (#2 being my favorite) Pontiac in one magazine article raised more speculation on which one will they chose the GTO or the Firebird. i personally think they should release the Firebird the GTO had its shot it the firebird turn.

Two possible concepts for GTO

1) http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5528/deckahy4.jpg
2) http://image.automobilemag.com/f/fea...ac_gto_445.jpg

either way i like the firebird better, if GM goes with the firebird i will personally myself go with the firebird over the camaro. (this is becuase camaro has so much light on it, and it having low price possibly everyone will have one. i just want to be different.) O yeah here's that article on Pontiac chosen between Firebird or GTO

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...rd-or-gto.html

Let me get some of you guys and possibly girls thoughts on this.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #55
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
GM has already said the Firebird is not happening. I think Scott said it too. Basically, badge engineering a Camaro clone with different styling would serve absolutely no point. An Alpha platform small RWD Pontiac is coming out, but from what I've heard, due to the new CAFE regulations all GM RWD projects besides Alpha, Sigma, the Camaro, G8, and one or two other Zeta cars for Cadillac and possibly Buick are now on hold.

Pontiac's forecasted future product introductions are the G8 wagon and possibly Ute variants, the Alpha car, and a coupe and/or targa Solstice variant. The plan for combining Buick, Pontiac, and GMC outlets calls for limited lineups for each brand, so I think this is the extent of what we'll see for Pontiac in the next few years.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #56
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
also i want it on the record those "concepts" make my eyes bleed, in a bad way.