Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #15
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
[QUOTE=Jak;26312]Hftech, if your out there let us know your okey. Just seen on the AP that Camp Victory got hit with a mortor attack 2 hours ago. 2 dead, 40 wounded.[/QUOTEough]

Thanks! That's where I'm at actually, I was eating dinner and I heard a crapload of booms and stuff, they hit us with about a dozen rockets, the closest it came to me or where I work though was a half mile. They never really come that close to me. The alarm went off and people had no clue what to do, they make the army soldiers run to the nearest concrete barrier, they and a few civilians started diving under the tables like it was gonna help. I and a good amount of other civilians just walked out like nothing happened. Getting hit by rockets usually is a common thing, they usually only shoot 2 at a time maybe once or twice a week and they usually hit nothing at all....they just shot a whole crapload and got lucky. Thanks for the concern though, I'm alive.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #16
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Good, yeah, just got a little worried when seen the news. Glad your okey then. Keep your head down and socking the money away .
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #17
hftech

Lol, always great advice :P
Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
I'm staying in Iraq until the Camaro is released as well, but not by choice. Gotta love the 15 month deployments and the 50-50 chance of getting extended for 18 months. Oh well... I have the same view as you hftech, save it and pay cash, only I am not getting the civilian pay. I'm in the Army. I think after this enlistment is up I'm going back to my old job. The pay is soooooo much better. I made in one month what I make in the military in a year. I've also had some DOD civilian contractors offer me jobs. Mostly starting around 120 grand. It's a very intreaguing offer. Very hard to pass up. But I think I'm done over here. One offered me a job back in the states as a trainer and software developer. Which contractor do you work for?
Dunk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #19
hftech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk31 View Post
I'm staying in Iraq until the Camaro is released as well, but not by choice. Gotta love the 15 month deployments and the 50-50 chance of getting extended for 18 months. Oh well... I have the same view as you hftech, save it and pay cash, only I am not getting the civilian pay. I'm in the Army. I think after this enlistment is up I'm going back to my old job. The pay is soooooo much better. I made in one month what I make in the military in a year. I've also had some DOD civilian contractors offer me jobs. Mostly starting around 120 grand. It's a very intreaguing offer. Very hard to pass up. But I think I'm done over here. One offered me a job back in the states as a trainer and software developer. Which contractor do you work for?

BAE systems. :P Heck, if you made in one month what you make in a year in the Army, why'd you join the Army? I'm a technician and trainer when I am stateside, but here mostly fix radios, printers, laptops, you name it. Mostly printers though, alot of the soldiers like to plug printers that run on 110V into 220V outlets. lol

Well good luck on not getting the extension, I know that's gotta suck being here for 15 months....it's taking all the mental strength in the world to stay here longer than my original 4 months, the money's not worth losing my life or sanity here, but the new Camaro and buying a house is.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #20
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
My brother was just there October 1st - 9th performing with Bret Michaels at a few bases. Did you see them?
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #21
hftech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
My brother was just there October 1st - 9th performing with Bret Michaels at a few bases. Did you see them?
Yeah I heard of Bret Michaels coming...never bothered to go watch though, I lost respect for the guy when he started doing that reality TV show...I have no respect for reality TV stars for some reason, mainly because I hate all reality shows, except for the one that Vivid came out with Silicon Valley or something like that??? That's pretty cool that your brother is touring with him out here though, if I'd have known I would have went and told ya if I saw him or not.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #22
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
BAE systems. :P Heck, if you made in one month what you make in a year in the Army, why'd you join the Army? I'm a technician and trainer when I am stateside, but here mostly fix radios, printers, laptops, you name it. Mostly printers though, alot of the soldiers like to plug printers that run on 110V into 220V outlets. lol

Well good luck on not getting the extension, I know that's gotta suck being here for 15 months....it's taking all the mental strength in the world to stay here longer than my original 4 months, the money's not worth losing my life or sanity here, but the new Camaro and buying a house is.
I completly agree with you on the buying a Camaro and a house. That's what I keep tellin myself.

I joined the Army because I broke my hand and had to have surgery, so I lost my job. I worked for a disaster relief company. The money was awesome, but we worked even longer hours then we do over here. 7 days a week/13 1/2 hr days. I'm working 7 days a week/12 1/2 hr days here, but then again I'm makin about 1/10th of what I made then. Damn I miss my old job more and more every day...LOL
Dunk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #23
hftech

lol

Yeah, I sure as heck don't miss being in the military. I was in the Navy, HATED being on a ship. People ask me, so how's Iraq? I think it's alot better here than if I was on a boat. Food is way better, I have a room as opposed to a small hole you have to crawl into and can barely move around in, and I don't have to wear a uniform, the money is just a plus. When I get back though I make about as much as I did in the Navy, so I am going to probably just quit the job and finish up my college and be a full-time student. I'll be 25.....own a house, have a paid for Harley, 2000 and 2010 Camaro paid for as well, and a full-time college student, think that will reap benefits with the college girls???
Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #24
hftech

Sweet.... I just noticed that I'm no longer a Junior Member, I got an upgrade. :P
Old 10-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Yeah, I sure as heck don't miss being in the military. I was in the Navy, HATED being on a ship. People ask me, so how's Iraq? I think it's alot better here than if I was on a boat. Food is way better, I have a room as opposed to a small hole you have to crawl into and can barely move around in, and I don't have to wear a uniform, the money is just a plus. When I get back though I make about as much as I did in the Navy, so I am going to probably just quit the job and finish up my college and be a full-time student. I'll be 25.....own a house, have a paid for Harley, 2000 and 2010 Camaro paid for as well, and a full-time college student, think that will reap benefits with the college girls??? ........

.......Sweet.... I just noticed that I'm no longer a Junior Member, I got an upgrade. :P

Congratulations

I can just see your morning...wake up. get cleaned up. decide which shirt to wear. decide which pants to wear. decide what to drive to school: Harley, old Camaro, or new Camaro...
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #26
hftech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Congratulations

I can just see your morning...wake up. get cleaned up. decide which shirt to wear. decide which pants to wear. decide what to drive to school: Harley, old Camaro, or new Camaro...
lol I'm gonna be a full-time college student, they don't really get cleaned up do they???

True....life is so full of difficult choices....
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't know what your talking about...hrm, hrm. I get cleaned up...*straightens tie*
Old 10-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #28
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Yeah I heard of Bret Michaels coming...never bothered to go watch though, I lost respect for the guy when he started doing that reality TV show...I have no respect for reality TV stars for some reason, mainly because I hate all reality shows, except for the one that Vivid came out with Silicon Valley or something like that??? That's pretty cool that your brother is touring with him out here though, if I'd have known I would have went and told ya if I saw him or not.

I hate reality shows as well. I'll admit I did record them though. (to see my brother)
He still puts on one hell of a show and he is a huge supporter of the troops. I think they may be going back again. I'll let you know when I find out.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote