Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
SS-Driving-Spartan

Drives: 2013 SS2
Recall Question

So I dealt on my 2013 SS2 on June 18th. I signed some papers and even got the dealership a check. Then I was told that I couldn't get my car until the recall work was done. I was told it shouldn't take more than a few days, now its the 5th of July and no car. I was given a rental 2014 camaro that is stripped down. Don't get me wrong, I have participated in the rental car Olympics, but I'm getting ready to have MY car. How long is this recall stuff supposed to take? I have been told that they are still waiting on GM. Has anyone else already had the recall work completed or some more insight to this situation. I don't think the dealership should have proceeded with working the deal if they couldn't deliver the car......
SS-Driving-Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
What exactly is the recall about?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
SS-Driving-Spartan

Supposedly the ignition recall that GM issued.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Do a quick search in this section and you'll find a few threads on this exact subject. Welcome to the boards!

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The recall is about the key fob is a switchblade type that sticks out far enough from the column that a few people can hit it with their knee and shut the car off while driving.
Here is a thread with a lot of information and misinformation on it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363441

Basically though The dealer is waiting for GM to send a replacement key for your car.
Then they will modify the fob by removing the existing switchblade key.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
SS-Driving-Spartan

That is what I was told was going on. I guess my question is has anyone else already had the work completed yet or is the parts still not available like the dealership told me.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
Yes...the dealer is dragging his feet. We have been getting blank keys for over a week and cut keys for a week. My question is...how has he let you drive a '14? It is in the recall too. Does it have a flip key?

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.

Last edited by Majic; 07-05-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: add
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Yes...the dealer is dragging his feet. We have been getting blank keys for over a week and cut keys for a week. My question is...how has he let you drive a '14? It is in the recall too. Does it have a flip key?

Or they damaged the car and they're trying to buy time using the recall excuse. but ya the '14's are definately on the recall list so your question makes me wonder why they really still have his car.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Tell him to keep the car and walk away. Then when he try's to stop you, tell him give me the car right now and I'll take it ,and to call you when they get the parts. Then you'll bring it back. Wether you go back or not is up to you.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
What exactly is the recall about?

Here we go again...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if the dealer doesnt have the $1500 key cutting machine then he has to wait until gm sends them the keys already cut. This recall is BS
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Or they damaged the car and they're trying to buy time using the recall excuse. but ya the '14's are definately on the recall list so your question makes me wonder why they really still have his car.
not sure if the parts are even at the dealer yet, i work for a dealer and this really ticks me off when they send recall notices or have a stop sale which is whats going on here without even having the parts to repair the vehicle. so many times, people come in for a recall and we have to tell them the parts have not been released yet and look like total idiots.. any other time, i would suggest going and get something else but these cars are damn fun and if you hang in there, it will all be worth it.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #13
Majic
Majic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
if the dealer doesnt have the $1500 key cutting machine then he has to wait until gm sends them the keys already cut. This recall is BS
Nope..we are having ours cut by a local guy for $5.00 each. By the way...the cutter is $6500.00

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
Majic
Majic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
not sure if the parts are even at the dealer yet, i work for a dealer and this really ticks me off when they send recall notices or have a stop sale which is whats going on here without even having the parts to repair the vehicle. so many times, people come in for a recall and we have to tell them the parts have not been released yet and look like total idiots.. any other time, i would suggest going and get something else but these cars are damn fun and if you hang in there, it will all be worth it.
But the parts are now available.....both cut and uncut. There is also a waiver that can be signed.

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.