Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Another upgrade

Started looking into upgrading the stock Boston acoustics system of my 2010 SS. So far I've got 2 JL Audio 12" W6v3 subs paired with a JL Audio HD1200/1 amplifier on my list that'll fit in a box from the thump website with their bowtie panel and msg in place of my rear seat but other than that I have no idea what else I'll need. I plan on upgrading the stock amp with one that fits in its place as I've heard it makes a large difference in quality and leaving the speakers that are currently in the car. I also plan on making this all easily removable on race days to shed the weight. Got any advice or anything I should add to my list.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
One thing you'll probably need is the FARK kit from the "thump" website. It's not 100% necessary if you know what you're doing, but it does make the factory amp replacement tremendously easier. You will obviously also need a couple of amp wiring kits (I recommend KnuKonceptz.com for those).

The Alpine PDX-F4, Alpine PDX-F6, or JL Audio HD600/4 should fit the bill for an easily removable amp for race day, as well as being high quality amps. Those alpines and that JL amp use plugs (as I'm sure you know already having the HD1200/1). That would make them pretty easy to remove.

Also, I agree that the factory speakers are actually pretty good when they have a decent amplifier powering them.

Best of luck!!
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
One thing you'll probably need is the FARK kit from the "thump" website. It's not 100% necessary if you know what you're doing, but it does make the factory amp replacement tremendously easier. You will obviously also need a couple of amp wiring kits (I recommend KnuKonceptz.com for those).

The Alpine PDX-F4, Alpine PDX-F6, or JL Audio HD600/4 should fit the bill for an easily removable amp for race day, as well as being high quality amps. Those alpines and that JL amp use plugs (as I'm sure you know already having the HD1200/1). That would make them pretty easy to remove.

Also, I agree that the factory speakers are actually pretty good when they have a decent amplifier powering them.

Best of luck!!
So the Jl HD600/4 fits in the stock location? I dont have any subs or amp yet, I just have a wishlist with the HD1200 and I'm trying to have a game plan before I pull the trigger.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post

Best of luck!!
ditto, especially KnuKonceptz. Can also use MCMElectronics and Parts Express for the fuse/distributions blocks.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
jwhutton52

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS Coupe
I got a thump large sub cabinet and a 10" Pioneer TSW2502D4sub. Ordering Alpine PDX-V9 this week. Already have FARK. I will post results after I get everything installed. Staying with stock BA speakers for now. Also have MyLink with NAV.
jwhutton52 is offline   Reply With Quote