Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #197
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
You might not like this response, but are you buying a car or are you buying pretty lights?

I am really surprised to see hard core Camaro performance enthusiasts cancelling orders because of lights... There is an incredible amount of turmoil going on in OUR economy and like it or not some items may be impacted. They may not be able to afford to do the ambient lighting right now. They ARE in bailout mode. Be happy they are producing the Camaro at all and that it is as close to the concept as realistically possible. Remember the phrase "The price of perfection is bankruptcy". Never truer than right now... Wouldn't you prefer a Camaro with no ambient lighting over a Toyota with Neons? We have to assume so since all of us have taken the time to be an integral part of this site and made the effort to place our orders...
The issue is not the "pretty lights" it is the lack of fufiling a comitment. I am not going to cancel, but I sure can understand why people will. They are tired of bieng told one thing and getting another.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #198
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Are you not dating that supermodel just because she has no nose? So what, she's still got a killer bod, right? Who cares if she has two nostril holes in a flat space above her lips?

Got it?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #199
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
GM can't delay this car..they're going to need the profits from this car to meet the loan requirements. If they don't finish ABL in time, it will most likely be left off.
Actually, yes they can; but they won't for something as "trivial" as ABL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I heard through the grapevine that they were working out issues with the ABL. I heard it might take them some time, but that the goal is to have it working for the first cars. My personal opinion (take it with a grain of salt) is that they are prepared to delay the production if necessary in order to get the ABL right...
No way. Keep in mind that "we" are the enthusiasts. We know what is "supposed to be" on this vehicle; the general public doesn't. This car will launch on time and the general public will eat up every vehicle we haven't pre-ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post
I don't want ambient lighting. I'm not buying a video game, I'm buying a car.
It's not really a question of wanting it or not wanting it IMO. It's strictly a question of getting what we were told we were paying for. Would you take delivery of a 2SS without leather because they were having issues from their supplier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
that still does nothing to address the question I posed: what is GM going to do about this if this item is missing? discount? retrofit? upgrade? nothing?

... but in all of those cases, the initial run of cars wasn't broadcast to have something that it didn't have... and that is the case here.

My personal opinion- if ABL isn't available at launch, they'll install what does work on it at the factory, from the power supply to the "cord" itself and have the dealers install the finished product when ready. They're not about to screw around discounting the initial cars a few hundred bucks to make up the difference instead of giving us what we were told we would have. That's just poor marketing at its best. They don't need that label at launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
The issue is not the "pretty lights" it is the lack of fufiling a comitment. I am not going to cancel, but I sure can understand why people will. They are tired of bieng told one thing and getting another.
That my friend says it all.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #200
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Your assertion fails on its face. I only responded as I did after being repeadedly attacked.

BTW: Where is that utterly insulting quote you borrowed from Pete that is suddenly missing from your signature?
Here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=9238&page=5
(at post #112)

Please explain your conduct.
I think you meant to say falls in lieu of fails up there.

Sorry, I didn't notice that the show signature box was unchecked on that post.........trust me, it won't happen again.

Oh, and :middlefinger:
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #201
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
That's enough.

Ok.

That'll do.

I can appreciate that there are valid concerns and complaints on both sides which is why this thread is allowed to continue. But antagonizing and insulting eachother are the quickest ways to give me the excuse I've been looking for to close this and the many other threads like it.

So, please, keep the personal attacks out of your posts.

Thanks,
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #202
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Ok.

That'll do.

I can appreciate that there are valid concerns and complaints on both sides which is why this thread is allowed to continue. But antagonizing and insulting eachother are the quickest ways to give me the excuse I've been looking for to close this and the many other threads like it.

So, please, keep the personal attacks out of your posts.

Thanks,

Thanks for the support! Makes me feel better that the moderators are watching after all.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #203
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
This has been said before and it bares repeating, I will delay my order if they plan to introduce a Camaro with ABL a few months after release of the initial run. Besides the fact it will probably look really cool, the absence of this feature will definitely harm trade in and resale values. I have experienced this with past vehicle models and I have learned from it. GM needs to clarify this issue ASAP.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #204
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
I think the IDL on 9 Jan will put this issue to bed, one way or the other

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #205
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
I think the IDL on 9 Jan will put this issue to bed, one way or the other
I doubt it but I'm hopeful.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #206
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Maybe this ABL system isn't tried and true, on other GM cars, like we had thought.

This video has appeared on another thread

It's from July 22nd and the GM rep. there with Cheryl says (at 1:40), "It's really new technology...it's the first time we've used this at GM...it's sort of a called an active light pipe system."

Yes, the video is five months old, but still, it cannot be the system on their other cars. I'd rather not have the same system as on the HRR or CTS; I'd much rather have something even newer and better. I'm really excited and keeping my fingers crossed it gets worked out.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #207
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Sure would be nice to have Scott chime in about now......
Kinda funny how he has nothing to say about this even though it's obviously a major concern for many. So I'll just say what he's said all along, "keep the faith". That seemed to pacify everyone for the last couple of years.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #208
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Sure would be nice to have Scott chime in about now......
Well...think about it: look at the fustrated/angry/etc responses to the prospect of no Ambient Lighting. Being that it's up in the air, I think this would fall squarely under the "don't add fuel to the fire" category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
....So I'll just say what he's said all along, "keep the faith"....
That's all we can do at this point!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #209
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Lack of communication from GM keeps the fire going.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #210
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Only if there are others fueling it. Right or wrong, you can't dispute that there's nothing we can do one way or the other, and everyone here could adopt a wait-and-see approach instead of persisting at this.

Just like Scott can choose not to fuel this "issue".

What happens if he says "it doesn't look good"? All those who need Ambient Lighting delay ordering until later. Then what if they solve it? Everyone who cancelled will reorder, but then get pissed because their orders are now at the end of the list....

Or...what if he says "we can do it", and then they don't? You have just as many pissed off people.

This is a lose-lose, better-not-say-anything-yet situation.