Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #197
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
I disabled HSA on my car.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6643810

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #198
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
I wonder if I could get my dealer to install this
Old 06-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #199
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
I wonder if I could get my dealer to install this
They won't do it IIRC. It's a "modification" to existing components. Now if you grab one of the techs at the dealer and ask them to do it "on the side", you might be successful.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #200
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
I started reading this thread and thought of you. I was just about to paste in a link to your posts. That part should be here in a couple of days so I can rid myself of this stupid "safety" feature.

Maria, the rep from GM has called me twice this week and left voicemails saying that the resolution is the same and that Chevy can't disable HSA. Little does she know that the ingenuity of car enthusiasts is quite powerful
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #201
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
The Hill Assist is a serious pain in the ass.

I know what I'm doing. I know how to drive a stick and have no problem on any hills, ever. But thanks to this useless "feature" I stall each time, every time, on every tiny hill near me.

The times that I don't stall the car "KICKS" forward and emits a sickening burning smell. I have no idea what is burning - maybe brakes? Transmission? Its soul? - but it's insane.

Today I went to the dealer about another issue and I told him how the car stalls. The "Camaro salesperson" (who is an expert on Camaros I assume) tried my car and stalled it 3 times out of 5. He then went and got a brand new 2SS 1LE from the lot and stalled it 2 times out of 4. And he himself owns a camaro.

Hill Assist is freakin' CRAP. It does everything but assist. It treats the driver like a moron and causes unecessary wear and tear on the car and on the drivers nerves.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #202
Allgrey

Drives: '13 AGM/1SS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post

I know what I'm doing. I know how to drive a stick and have no problem on any hills, ever. But thanks to this useless "feature" I stall each time, every time, on every tiny hill near me.

The times that I don't stall the car "KICKS" forward and emits a sickening burning smell. I have no idea what is burning - maybe brakes? Transmission? Its soul? - but it's insane.

Today I went to the dealer about another issue and I told him how the car stalls. The "Camaro salesperson" (who is an expert on Camaros I assume) tried my car and stalled it 3 times out of 5. He then went and got a brand new 2SS 1LE from the lot and stalled it 2 times out of 4. And he himself owns a camaro.

Hill Assist is freakin' CRAP. It does everything but assist. It treats the driver like a moron and causes unecessary wear and tear on the car and on the drivers nerves.
Mine was like this for the first 2000 miles... It seems to have become less intrusive. I actually don't mind it anymore.
Allgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #203
BadAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post

I felt exactly the same way so I installed the new sensor and no more hill nanny to get in my way

If it worked exactly how the manual says it's supposed to, I'd be somewhat ok with it but mine would hold for 2-3 seconds and make me look like an ass on a hill!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #204
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
My car was "holding for 2 seconds" also. It seems to have eased up now as I can press on the throttle and it takes off. It still activates occasionally so i'm changing the sensor to get rid of it! This should feature should have never been put on the car. If your wife, husband, kid, or even friend cannot drive a stick on a hill that's a hint. People driving the manual should be proficient at driving it, period!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #205
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLUX View Post
Yes, it sure does. Can you imagine trying to parallel park on a hill with it. Going forward or backward on a hill in between 2 cars with hill assist. No thanks.
I had the huge displeasure of having to do this this past Friday night.
Absolutely ROASTED the clutch.
Seemed like HSA was coming on even using the Ebrake.
It was a very severe hill and I'm damned lucky I didn't roll back into the car behind me when I stalled once. Had a solid red triangle and constant loud beep on the camera.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #206
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
I'm just gonna bump this thread so all the new owners know there is a way to get rid of the hsa...I've been without mine for several weeks now and love it.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #207
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
is there a step by step video to get this done... sounds like im not gonna like the hsa!!!
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
2014v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #208
BadAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
I'm just gonna bump this thread so all the new owners know there is a way to get rid of the hsa...I've been without mine for several weeks now and love it.
There have been a few hills in the past couple of weeks that would have driven me insane if I hadn't disabled HSA!!

Chevy needs to drop the arrogance about it being a safety feature that can't be disabled and reprogram whatever they need to so it can be disabled without having to swap sensors.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #209
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014v6 View Post
is there a step by step video to get this done... sounds like im not gonna like the hsa!!!
It's fairly straightforward. Just remove your center console and swap the sensors.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #210
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
Resurrecting this thread.

I finally got around to installing the new module, but I am super struggling to get the cluster gauge back in. Any tips? The cigarette lighter is making this difficult for me.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote