Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #211
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
It's all about using the right tool for the job.

If you have a pair of nice leather dress shoes, and a pair of goretex snow boots, which ones do you use for shoveling the driveway?

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #212
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
It's all about using the right tool for the job.

If you have a pair of nice leather dress shoes, and a pair of goretex snow boots, which ones do you use for shoveling the driveway?
Very well put. I hope you don't mind if I use that one once and a while.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 AM   #213
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
Why? Because I can that's why. I have a 93 Z28 and bike that i have my choice of. If i drove the hell out of the 2010 SS the others would sit all the time. I drive the SS on nice days or just when ever I want to. I always wonder why threads like this are started other than to start internet arguments on which is the best way to do something.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #214
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Mine isnt a daily and I keep it in the garage under a cover. I could give 2 shits about its value in the future. Here are my reasons:
1. My car is heavily modified and sometimes is a pain in the ass to drive everyday. It makes me appreciate the car more when I actually get to drive it.
2. My daughters room shares a wall with my garage. My car is not quiet. I work nights and get home at 530am. Its not fair to wake everyone up, just because Im home.
3. My car gets 9mpg.
4. I can afford multiple vehicles to allow the Camaro sit in the garage.
5. I like to take my car up to cruise ins with my dad and his 69 Z/28.
6. Its always clean.
7. I enjoy working on my car. Sometimes my projects are not something that will take 2 days, and the car may have to sit during the work week. I never have to rush and take a chance of messing up, potentially hurting the car, or me.

I love my car more than most people love their kids. Is it the best car on the road? Absolutely not. But its mine. And it makes me happy.
+1

Well said.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #215
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Mine gest garaged every night, after it is done with its DD duties.
As far as storing my Camaro, not yet. It will serve as my DD until I find my next prject car and then it will get "garaged" and driven occasionally. the last vehicle I had that was an "occasionally" vehicle for nicer weather still mangaed to rack up over 7500 miles a year.
When I bought my 2010 in 2013, she had less than 2500 miles on her. She now has almost 18000.
Each person here bought their Camaro for their own reasons. Treat it however you want.
Garage it, DD it, drive the ever living crap out of it at track events, as long as you ENJOY it!

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #216
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
It's your only car, and perhaps you don't have a garage... or you have a garage and keep it empty, I don't know. I have, at any one time, 8 or 9 different cars. I garage the better ones and, in fact, have someone coming out this morning to quote me on a new car port to help protect my driveway (should cost about 8-10 grand... just to get shade for my cars). Why? Because the things I own all look good. I have a lot of things because I take care of what I have. I don't sit at a single stop light in my Corvette or my El Camino that someone in another car is not taking a cell phone picture of me. Why? Because they're well taken care of. I've put maybe 60 miles (if that) on my Camaro since I got it. I tend to drive my "daily driver's" more often because I'd rather rack the miles on them and leave them in parking lots.

When I was a kid, the other kids beat their toys to h#ll. I didn't. I took care of mine. Years later, my mom gave me all my old childhood toys and I put them up on Ebay. I made $15,000 and bought a 1969 Firebird with a 454 in it. Nice. Glad I took care of my things. I like having nice stuff.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #217
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Let's not act like 40k is chump change to anyone who has to do the 9-5. It's a lot of money, and to many this is their prize possession. I know mine is, thus I take care of it as if it's the last car I'll ever own.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #218
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I am working in N.E ohio (oilfeild) and have a company truck I use for work but bought the Camaro new for wdaily driving up here. Since April 3rd 2014 I put 11k miles on her and climbing. It is a daily driver that I purchased to drive and enjoy.

Company paid housing means no garage but I take very good care of all my cars (which are very nice). I do not get over the top emotional, or cherish my cars but maintain them and use them for their purposes. I look at it like this - why did I just shell out 36k for something to stare at or rarely enjoy? Why did I shell out 50k for a C6Z to stare at? Same thing with my 2012 F250 diesel which was more than the Z06 plus 6k+ in lifts, wheels, rims. I go off road with my truck, mudding with it and get it so muddy you cannot tell the color but guess what? It washes off and puts a smile on my face.

Ppl ask me what do you pull/tow with the Ford and I answer my lunch box and a grin, They also ask why a Z06 bc you cannot drive over 80 anywhere in Texas (85 speed limit on i10 in west Texas) I always answer the same "its fun and who says I drive under 85 ; )".

Point being is life is too short and I personally put zero value or emotions in material stuff. I cannot take it with me when I leave (yes I am young and hope I'm not checking out anytime soon), and I am a working guy and my money is not long enough to have something and not use/enjoy it. My ss will no doubt see 80k miles before the 6th gen hits and my permagrin will be just as big when at that time I am sure I will be ready to move on to something else anyway.

Yes my ss is already cammed, and full bolt ons at less than 5 months old (bought it new with 47 miles). To each their own but I choose to live a little :-)
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #219
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
We can't "take it with us" when we leave, but some of us have children and we'd like to leave them something.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #220
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
last winter i picked my car up from the body shop i had the front bumber fix because of a ton of chips. there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground and the plows were out in full force. as i was driving home there was know one in front of me and i was driving slow. i see a plow going down the road heading the opposite way of me and is plow was on the ground moving the snow. i pulled the car to the right so he would not hit my car with any snow. all i hear is a big thump . it was a piece of ice that put a size of a quater chip in my bumper. i now had to turn around leave the car and spent 3 hunderd dollars to get it fix. al i am saying is snow sucks when driving a camaro my car will never ever see snow again. this is why i dont drive my camaro in the snow sorry for the rant after seeing this theard i got sick all over again
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #221
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
I prefer to live by the immortal words of Cameron Frye: "He never drives it, he just rubs it with a diaper!".
Old 08-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #222
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDivide View Post
I prefer to live by the immortal words of Cameron Frye: "He never drives it, he just rubs it with a diaper!".
Just hope it doesn't end up at the bottom of a ravine.....
SAVE FERRIS!

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 08-04-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #223
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I am working in N.E ohio (oilfeild) and have a company truck I use for work but bought the Camaro new for wdaily driving up here. Since April 3rd 2014 I put 11k miles on her and climbing. It is a daily driver that I purchased to drive and enjoy.

Company paid housing means no garage but I take very good care of all my cars (which are very nice). I do not get over the top emotional, or cherish my cars but maintain them and use them for their purposes. I look at it like this - why did I just shell out 36k for something to stare at or rarely enjoy? Why did I shell out 50k for a C6Z to stare at? Same thing with my 2012 F250 diesel which was more than the Z06 plus 6k+ in lifts, wheels, rims. I go off road with my truck, mudding with it and get it so muddy you cannot tell the color but guess what? It washes off and puts a smile on my face.

Ppl ask me what do you pull/tow with the Ford and I answer my lunch box and a grin, They also ask why a Z06 bc you cannot drive over 80 anywhere in Texas (85 speed limit on i10 in west Texas) I always answer the same "its fun and who says I drive under 85 ; )".

Point being is life is too short and I personally put zero value or emotions in material stuff. I cannot take it with me when I leave (yes I am young and hope I'm not checking out anytime soon), and I am a working guy and my money is not long enough to have something and not use/enjoy it. My ss will no doubt see 80k miles before the 6th gen hits and my permagrin will be just as big when at that time I am sure I will be ready to move on to something else anyway.

Yes my ss is already cammed, and full bolt ons at less than 5 months old (bought it new with 47 miles). To each their own but I choose to live a little :-)
Sweet rides.
how much are they paying you boys down there? Jeez.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #224
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Let me put it like this. It is hard to get into the "good companies" in the oilfeild but once you are in financial life is amazing but you sacifice having any kind of a personal life outside of work. It is bittersweet really because yes I am financially comfortable and all my toys are paid for (except the F250) but I have absolutely zero life what so ever and that is no joke. It is go to work 6-7 days a week for anywhere from 6-20 hours a day, on short days I hit the gym (5x a week) and pretty much back to our housing site (trailer) and ready for work again or typically get called in to cover an emergency (usually when at the gym). Money is awesome but it is no kind of life : /
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote