Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #15
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
I wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole..

I agree, that thing is just not 'right', lol.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #16
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Internet speculation at this point
i agree.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #17
ponykilla

Drives: 04 silverado ss
if u look at the nose it almost looks like its the body of the 4th generation /\/\/\
ponykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
IT is a 4th gen with 5th gen styling. It's the evolution.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #19
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Camaro SS

I saw this posted in another one of my forums. The thing that catches my eye is the change in the exhust.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...s-ar45465.html

Fake or real?
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #20
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Old as dirt. There have been a couple posts on this. It is really, really old speculation, and the pictures of the SS are just photshops like we have on this post. Just people dreaming and playing around with what they'd like to see. I like the center pipes, but my real dream exhaust is side pipes exiting just forward of the rear wheels.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Awful PS job on that, though I suppose I've been spoiled by Dragoneyes

Anyway, no way the LS6 is going in. 'detuned' LS3 is more likely. Thats pretty bad speculation for 5 weeks ago.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #22
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Yeah...side pipes are pretty sweet... would love to do that to my Camaro, but I'm pretty happy with my Borlas
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
I saw this posted in another one of my forums. The thing that catches my eye is the change in the exhust.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...s-ar45465.html

Fake or real?
Don't get deterred from putting up stuff you believe to be new. Mods can always merge the threads if we need. I seriously doubt you would have been able to find this thread unless you looked for a while. I knew where to go cause I checked it out not too long ago.

But, use the search tool up at the top and try to come up w/ some good keywords that might help the search. If you don't find anything, post it up! Speculation as of now...but we'll find out soon enough what will unfold.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #24
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Yeah looking back on that, I came off a little harsh, and I apologize. I would never want to discourage new members from posting. I had the luxury of reading this forum for a very long time before posting, but for new members who just found it checking through all the threads can be veeeery time consuming. Cheers, and keep the info coming, even if it is speculation. Guessing and dreaming can still be very fun.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #25
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
it said it was going to be mated to a 6 speed auto tranny!?!?! i like the sound of the 7.0 but not the auto tranny
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
it said it was going to be mated to a 6 speed auto tranny!?!?! i like the sound of the 7.0 but not the auto tranny
Actually, it said it was 'matted' to the engine... furthering my assumption that this article was written by a barely-passing middle-schooler interested in cars.:p.

Don't sweat it: this article is the ideal example of PURE speculation.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #27
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i do kinda like the center exhaust.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #28
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
And then ther is this from GM inside news:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57885

Please note the SS engine:

2010 Impala (Impala LTZ Shown)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 900x624 and weights 117KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 850x636 and weights 84KB.

Trim Levels
Base: LS
Mid-level: LT
Up-level: LTZ
Sport: SS

Introduction

With the Malibu and Caprice being positioned to fill the spot (and sales) held by the current FWD Impala, the next generation model is freed to move up market and onto the Zeta RWD platform. This allows for the car to draw on the heritage and goodwill of the Impala name by going retro in it’s look and advertising. This car is squarely positioned to go head to head with the Chrysler 300C. It’s big, bold and uniquely American. While this is an impractical approach to take for the whole Chevrolet lineup as some would like, we thought it suitable for the brand to have one large RWD sedan. That car is the Impala.

In the inside, a balance is struck between retro and modern. There’s a metallic/black piano wood center stack with navigation and modern switchgear. The lighting color selected for this interior is cool blue and prominent throughout the interior. Thin blue LED light piping is found on the center stack and on the edges of the metallic door panel pulls. Some of the innovative things done here in this interior is the retro-style door/dash joining which echoes how it was done in the past, especially during the 1960’s.

One of the concerns of a RWD Impala was CAFÉ. A RWD Impala would get worse fuel economy numbers then the FWD model. Mileage is a now a very big factor in GM’s new vehicle development programs, and this was a concern that had to be addressed. As such the Impala uses the Dual Mode hybrid system, mated to a detuned 3.6L 250HP HF V6/w Direct Injection. This will achieve some very good fuel economy numbers helping to offset the minimal increases by the other models in the line. The base model Impala, LS, starts at $29,450 and is powered by GM’s 3.6L HF making 265HP. Moving up to the LTZ, you get the same engine, making 35 more HP. No Impala lineup would be complete without an outrageous SS model. And the Impala SS is that car, powered by the 7.0L 550HP LS7 V8 found in the C7 Corvette.

This car has been the subject of much internal debate at GM as to it’s future. As well as in the minds of those on GMI, their future has been debated with much passion. Impala is certainly a car that (to a much lesser degree however) has an enthusiast base like the Camaro. Given this, we decided to make an compromise that would please fans, critics and mainstream consumers alike. Our Impala arrives in 2009 as a 2010 model, alongside the Aveo and Beat.

Specifications Sheet

Vehicle Type: Full-Size 4-Door RWD Sedan
Size Comparison: Chrysler 300C
Competitors: Dodge Magnum, Chrysler 300C
Base Platform: Zeta
Drive Wheels: RWD
Engines:
LS: 3.6L 265HP HF V6 - Starting at $29,450
LT: 3.6L 250HP (Detuned) HF V6 w/Dual Mode Hybrid System and Direct Injection
LTZ: 3.6L 300HP HF V6
SS: 7.0L 505HP LS7 V8
Transmissions: 6 Speed Automatic (Standard: LS/ LT/LTZ/SS), DSG 6 (Optional: SS)
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote