Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #85
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
Everybody yelling to get on it and they drove like a 90 year old on valiums , thats a come on man moment. Are they scared to blow it up in front of everyone or what ?
I believe that car is limited to 20mph since it is an untested pre-production car from what I was told by the GM designers at the fest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Have we seen the 1st one? Or - was this car at Chicago?
The first one was the one with the tape stripe and the standard ZL1 wheels.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #86
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
The first one was the one with the tape stripe and the standard ZL1 wheels.
Correct.

It's kind of humbling to realize Chevy chose the Fest to display the "new" ZL1 show car for the first time, ever!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #87
Black Forest

Drives: Camaro 2011 2SS RS Victory Red
That car is nothing more than what we have. Anybody who has the money can make their car as nice and for sure better than that. Is just an other camaro. Anybody who has their camaro paid for should put that money on making theirs as nice or better than the ZL1. You can do it guys... Does any know if Tuscaloosa Alabama has any Camaro fest in this area? Please let me know
Black Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #88
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
That car is nothing more than what we have. Anybody who has the money can make their car as nice and for sure better than that. Is just an other camaro. Anybody who has their camaro paid for should put that money on making theirs as nice or better than the ZL1. You can do it guys... Does any know if Tuscaloosa Alabama has any Camaro fest in this area? Please let me know
So wrong.
You have no idea how much has gone into this car. It is very different from 10's and 11's.
Putting all the stuff that a ZL1 has into an SS would cost well over 30K.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #89
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
So wrong. You have no idea how much has gone into this car. It is very different from 10's and 11's. Putting all the stuff that a ZL1 has into an SS would cost well over 30K.
So what your saying is... my SS which costs right at $40K will be replaced by my new ZL1 which will cost $70K. I PRAY for economies of scale on this model!!!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #90
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The car is pre-production. It would probably be fine....but what if it wasn't? What if (since it's pre-production and not tested) there was a weak spot in the rim somewhere? Imagine if something DID fail...how awful that would look.

Also consider it's one of two show-car ZL1s in existance...some bits hand-assembled...imagine the cost for blowing one of those up...

90 year olds, indeed....
hmmm. very good points
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #91
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
So what your saying is... my SS which costs right at $40K will be replaced by my new ZL1 which will cost $70K. I PRAY for economies of scale on this model!!!
I'm just saying, GM is giving us a huge bang for the buck (considering we still don't know pricing)
Old 05-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #92
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Oh boy... here we go again...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #93
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #94
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
That car is nothing more than what we have. Anybody who has the money can make their car as nice and for sure better than that. Is just an other camaro. Anybody who has their camaro paid for should put that money on making theirs as nice or better than the ZL1. You can do it guys...
Saying that the ZL1 is just another Camaro is like saying that a 9560 COPO or a first generation Z28 is just another Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
So wrong.
You have no idea how much has gone into this car. It is very different from 10's and 11's.
Putting all the stuff that a ZL1 has into an SS would cost well over 30K.

Quote:

The ZL1 is far more than an SS with a tune and after market parts bolted on to it. One third of the parts on the ZL1 are different from the parts on the SS and are unique to the ZL1. The ZL1 has all of those unique parts and they will have been validated as working together on the vehicle for hundreds of thousands of miles, and the ZL1 will have a factory warranty.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #95
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I'm sorry, but that's immediately what came to my mind. I LOVE SS, and may get one myself, but I'd prefer ZL1 because that's exactly what I want. I don't have to spend another $20K over the next 5-years in order to build my SS into what I want, and completely run through my warranty. Not only that, but factory FI, in our state, will be a lot easier to mod' and keep away from the Man.

I LOVE how that exhaust sounds, though. I hope they get some good 3-inch pipes and have some nice bends so I don't have to do too much. I love hearing the SC in the video with the hood up, too

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #96
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
I don't have to spend another $20K over the next 5-years in order to build my SS into what I want, and completely run through my warranty. Not only that, but factory FI...
imo that is the most important thing there is! ... FI on an SS without a few extra forged parts (axels and driveshaft) can break depending how hard you drive, and guess what... your warranty wont cover it

while sure the average person on the road probably wont notice any difference between ZL-1 and SS (except for the front cosmetic differences), there is a very big distinction otherwise so you cant really compare a modded SS to a ZL-1
Old 05-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #97
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's immediately what came to my mind. I LOVE SS, and may get one myself, but I'd prefer ZL1 because that's exactly what I want. I don't have to spend another $20K over the next 5-years in order to build my SS into what I want, and completely run through my warranty. Not only that, but factory FI, in our state, will be a lot easier to mod' and keep away from the Man.

I LOVE how that exhaust sounds, though. I hope they get some good 3-inch pipes and have some nice bends so I don't have to do too much. I love hearing the SC in the video with the hood up, too
Haa yeah I just busted out a laugh cause I was thinking the same thing.

I agree I seriously considered giving up my ABM color for a ZL1, but salary negotiations for my new job did not go in my favor so the ZL1 is now out of the question. But to have all that in a OEM car NICE!! I love everything about the ZL1.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #98
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
Everybody yelling to get on it and they drove like a 90 year old on valiums , thats a come on man moment. Are they scared to blow it up in front of everyone or what ?
I wanted him to burn rubber too, but when you start doing shows like these guys do, you really don't want to be tearing up the car. I don't know about you, but I'm quite certain that one particular test car costs more than what most people make in ten years.

Plus he knew that he would have been caught on at least ten video cameras doing anything stupid. The liabilities have got to be through the roof on something like that.