Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
My Supercar Suspension Installed!

Well guys, I finally have it all installed and all I can say is WOW! From the way Pedders and Pfadt worked with me and each other to get the rights parts to Heath and Sam at American Muffler and Brake Fredricksberg TX who did a Top Notch installation. My car is now AWESOME!
Pedders US parts warehouse manager Dan aka PartsGedder was also there to greet me assist in the whole install. I dropped the car off at 8 am Sat. morning and wouldn’t you know it the only car rental place in town is closed on Sat. Heath came to my sons rescue and loaned me his truck for the day (like I said a top notch guy). We got back over to the shop about 3 pm and they had the front done and were on the left side of the back. We watched them work on the car for a few hours then headed back to the hotel to await the call. When I say these guys are hard core I mean it, they called about 12 am to verify the height then called back at 3am to say the car was done. When I got to the shop and during the check drive a slight thump could be heard at low speed upon acceleration, we messed with it for about an hour before crying uncle and picked it back at 9 am Sunday morn. After a few more drives and three trips back up on the rack and two complete bolt checks of every nut and bolt we finally concluded it is the play in the rear-end and with the HD bushings vs. soft rubber you can just hear it now. I will give LPE a call to check the spec on that one this week.
Well back to the Camaro and the results of all of these parts and professional installation. The difference is night and day, if when GM builds the Z28 they really need bring Pedders into the design. The super car coilovers are amazing, I haven’t even had a chance to play with adjustments yet but at 15 clicks it is nice. The ride is firm but not harsh at all, like when I had the 21’s on my car I hated the harsh ride. You will notice more road noise from the bushings, but I got the HD’s and they are very hard. The steering and road tracking is also vastly improved, no more fighting the wheel at 80 to hold a line on a rough road. In a corner the car is flat and it now feels like the only limits are tires and the intestinal fortitude to push it. In fact I would say it is beyond a Z06 corvette, and would love to have the chance to compare it with a ZR1.
Details of parts we added:
From Pedders:

164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts (have to re-order, correct size received C6)
2010 Camaro Camber Kit

Here are some pics and as soon as I get a chance to clean her up will add some better after shots, these were taken at about 3am.
Attached Images

CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!

Last edited by mws444; 06-08-2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: detail
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Cool!! What components did you get installed, exactly?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
I got the same clunk in the rear end after the Pedders install too. Chased it for a while and have decided it's slack in the diff as well. Post up if you figure it out.
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
did the pfadt camber plates end up working?
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
That's a gorgeous setup. I have their street Xtreme package with their bushings and Xa Coilovers and I quite agree, the difference is like night and day compared to stock.

How do you like the Racing Brake rotors in the front?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
did the pfadt camber plates end up working?
Perfectly!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That's a gorgeous setup. I have their street Xtreme package with their bushings and Xa Coilovers and I quite agree, the difference is like night and day compared to stock.

How do you like the Racing Brake rotors in the front?
I like them, just wish they would get the rears done. I also added the Hawk pads, they also helped a lot.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cool!! What components did you get installed, exactly?
Detail added to the first post. When I get time I will do a complete build thread of everything done so far to the car.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #9
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Welcome to the Pedders Nation!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
PartsGedder

Drives: -
Mike, It was great to meet you. I have the 2AM pic of the car with the finished ride heights, 640mm front, 650mm rear. The picture is dark, but it shows the drop. The picture didn't look that fuzzy when it was taken...

Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Well guys, I finally have it all installed and all I can say is WOW! From the way Pedders and Pfadt worked with me and each other to get the rights parts to Heath and Sam at American Muffler and Brake Fredricksberg TX who did a Top Notch installation. My car is now AWESOME!
Pedders US parts warehouse manager Dan aka PartsGedder was also there to greet me assist in the whole install. I dropped the car off at 8 am Sat. morning and wouldn’t you know it the only car rental place in town is closed on Sat. Heath came to my sons rescue and loaned me his truck for the day (like I said a top notch guy). We got back over to the shop about 3 pm and they had the front done and were on the left side of the back. We watched them work on the car for a few hours then headed back to the hotel to await the call. When I say these guys are hard core I mean it, they called about 12 am to verify the height then called back at 3am to say the car was done. When I got to the shop and during the check drive a slight thump could be heard at low speed upon acceleration, we messed with it for about an hour before crying uncle and picked it back at 9 am Sunday morn. After a few more drives and three trips back up on the rack and two complete bolt checks of every nut and bolt we finally concluded it is the play in the rear-end and with the HD bushings vs. soft rubber you can just hear it now. I will give LPE a call to check the spec on that one this week.
Well back to the Camaro and the results of all of these parts and professional installation. The difference is night and day, if when GM builds the Z28 they really need bring Pedders into the design. The super car coilovers are amazing, I haven’t even had a chance to play with adjustments yet but at 15 clicks it is nice. The ride is firm but not harsh at all, like when I had the 21’s on my car I hated the harsh ride. You will notice more road noise from the bushings, but I got the HD’s and they are very hard. The steering and road tracking is also vastly improved, no more fighting the wheel at 80 to hold a line on a rough road. In a corner the car is flat and it now feels like the only limits are tires and the intestinal fortitude to push it. In fact I would say it is beyond a Z06 corvette, and would love to have the chance to compare it with a ZR1.
Details of parts we added:
From Pedders:

164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts (have to re-order, correct size received C6)
2010 Camaro Camber Kit

Here are some pics and as soon as I get a chance to clean her up will add some better after shots, these were taken at about 3am.
WOW - my list actually looks really close to yours There are a few changes but overall, it looks like you're really happy with the results, so that makes me feel like the direction I was thinking of wasn't too far off.

Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartsGedder View Post
Mike, It was great to meet you. I have the 2AM pic of the car with the finished ride heights, 640mm front, 650mm rear. The picture is dark, but it shows the drop. The picture didn't look that fuzzy when it was taken...

Jeese!!! You guys are hardcore!!!
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Perfectly!
With the plate you'd still need the lower alignment bolts correct?
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
American Muffler and Pedders thank you for your business and the great write up!

Please allow me to make a couple of notes. One benefit of the Pedders Supercar coilovers is the 10mm increase in the clevis width. They deliver with the slot at factory size. If you elongate the slot about 3mm you can get over 3 degrees of negative camber. Always confirm adequate clearance with your specific wheel and tire combination, but know that there is a lot of negative camber available without spending money on any extra parts.

The increase in front track due to the clevis design helps to make the track more square -- the front closer to the rear which helps reduce understeer.

There is noise in the drive line and that does become more pronounced as the durometer of the bushings increase. Depending on your use of your Camaro, using Pedders street friendly urethane with void technology delivers significant improvement in drivability with minimal change in cabin noise. A perfect example is the differential bush set EP1176 compared to the EP1167HD. The same true of the sub-frame bushes. EP1200 inserts are very quite -- imperceptible to me. Full sub-frame bushes EP1201 are a bit noisier than OE and the EP1201HD the noisiest of the group.

Pedders or your Pedders Dealer will work with you to sort out what will work best for your driving style. That is critical. You want and need only what you want and need.

mws444 -- that is one BAD Pedderised LPE Camaro.

Everyone Else -- If own a Vette and you live in Texas, get out of the way when you see mws444 coming down the road!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Good job Pedders and American Muffler Great story
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote