Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Can we please stop with the other car forum opinion threads?

Is anyone else tired or just do not care what other car forums or owners think of the Camaro?
If I wanted to know their opinions I would go to THEIR forums and read about it.. In my Opinion they are just posted here to do one thing, get people mad and upset.. We already know that most other car owners in similar forums will rag the car and make up stuff that is untrue... i say let them believe what they want, just don't be posting it here...We don't need that here, We are better than that here..
In fact I don't even go into those threads any more just because it is the same old crap all the time...
Does anyone else agree?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I don't care to hear it either. But those kind of threads will always be around, like it or not.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I don't care to hear it either. But those kind of threads will always be around, like it or not.
- Xanthos
I just hate to wade through all the "look at what the mustang guys are saying" "look at what the 370Z guys are saying" etc threads. It's getting old.. If they want us to know their opinion they can come here and say it straight to our faces... JMHO...
Old 03-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
although it is nice to get a good laugh in, i definitely share your opinion on the issue. we all know that most other car-specific forums are going to not like the camaro. i bet other guys come here and copy/paste our threads ragging on mustangs & whatnot. it happens everywhere & is a bit tedious to see all the time
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I tend to agree. But unless it gets inflamatory, which it occasionally does, we're not ready to all out ban those topics from ever being posted. From a moderator's standpoint, I reccomend you continue what you're doing, that is -- ignoring the threads altogether.

...From a personal standpoint -- I agree 100%. Please stop posting up stuff that holds no intellectual value whatsoever, but is only intended to piss us off....it's absolutely stupid.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I tend to agree. But unless it gets inflamatory, which it occasionally does, we're not ready to all out ban those topics from ever being posted. From a moderator's standpoint, I reccomend you continue what you're doing, that is -- ignoring the threads altogether.

...From a personal standpoint -- I agree 100%. Please stop posting up stuff that holds no intellectual value whatsoever, but is only intended to piss us off....it's absolutely stupid.
Dragoneye FTMFW!
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
Actually, I disagree. Although I agree some people on here just like to poke fun at the mustang guys and start their own war I love the posts. A lot of what gets posted on this site (including a lot of my own posts) are biased towards the Camaro and GM. It's nice to see what everyone else thinks. Although sometimes they're just putting us down b/c they're biased towards mustang, nissan, whatever it may be, sometimes they make really good points.

And sure I could just go to their site, but by clicking a link here it makes it 10X faster and more convinient.

Besides, anyone who doesn't want to read the thread, just don't click on it.

Also - these threads have a lot more to do with the Camaro, since they're our competitors, then other threads such as: threads about buying a tv, weight loss, random pictures etc. If anything I think we should stop threads that have absolutely nothing to do with cars first.

No offense, just IMO
Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknay2000 View Post
Besides, anyone who doesn't want to read the thread, just don't click on it.
this.

but I'm guilty of stuff like this as well. I used to complain about "what color?"-threads. ignoring them is a lot easier actually

Last edited by diddiyo; 03-20-2009 at 02:02 PM.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknay2000 View Post
Also - these threads have a lot more to do with the Camaro, since they're our competitors, then other threads such as: threads about buying a tv, weight loss, random pictures etc. If anything I think we should stop threads that have absolutely nothing to do with cars first.

No offense, just IMO
No offense taken!.....But all those threads go in the "off-topic" forum for a reason. This isn't about relevance, because I would agree with you...it's about wether or not these threads contribute to the site, and our understanding of the automotive field....
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #10
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
so someone didnt just make a thread called, "hahaha mustang has 111 less hp than the camaro hahaha" ?

i guess you guys cant speak for the certain people making those threads but it seems a bit hypocritical to do the same thing you are telling you people not to do TO OTHER CARS. correct me if i am wrong.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
so someone didnt just make a thread called, "hahaha mustang has 111 less hp than the camaro hahaha" ?

i guess you guys cant speak for the certain people making those threads but it seems a bit hypocritical to do the same thing you are telling you people not to do TO OTHER CARS. correct me if i am wrong.
This isn't what he's saying at all. What he's getting tired of is the 3rd party links and quotes. Of threads saying "Hey I went to so and so forums and found this post." If the op of the other forums wants to come here and talk smack and talk about HIS thread that he started over there, fine.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

I enjoy reading those pissing contests sometimes..Makes for some good entertainment. And what can you expect, the muscle car wars are just beginning again. We should all be glad these types of discussions are coming back in style.. Banning it would be a stupid mistake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
This isn't what he's saying at all. What he's getting tired of is the 3rd party links and quotes. Of threads saying "Hey I went to so and so forums and found this post." If the op of the other forums wants to come here and talk smack and talk about HIS thread that he started over there, fine.

This also brings traffic to this site from other forums as well.. Better for the website and for the Camaro..
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Is anyone else tired or just do not care what other car forums or owners think of the Camaro?
If I wanted to know their opinions I would go to THEIR forums and read about it.. In my Opinion they are just posted here to do one thing, get people mad and upset.. We already know that most other car owners in similar forums will rag the car and make up stuff that is untrue... i say let them believe what they want, just don't be posting it here...We don't need that here, We are better than that here..
In fact I don't even go into those threads any more just because it is the same old crap all the time...
Does anyone else agree?

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ok guys.

I don't think this is the kind of policing we should do here. I hate to be simplistic about it. But, If the title of the thread doesn't interest you don't go there.

Not to be rude or short with any one. But We don't want to go down that road.

I think that is part of the nature of any forum. Avoid the stuff you don't care for.

-Chris
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote