Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
V6 Camaro not worth it?

Every time I mention getting a V6 Camaro, everyone tells me it's not worth it. I'm not looking to race it or anything. I'm a college student, so I'm on a bit of a budget and was looking to maybe get a 2LT. Why do people bash the V6 Camaro?
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
You should buy what you want, not what everyone else thinks you should buy. If you are happy with the 6 cylinder, then, buy George you should get it.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Every time I mention getting a V6 Camaro, everyone tells me it's not worth it. I'm not looking to race it or anything. I'm a college student, so I'm on a bit of a budget and was looking to maybe get a 2LT. Why do people bash the V6 Camaro?
Well Ant, they probably don't realize that this V6 happens to be pumping out 300+ HP while still offering great fuel economy. At the end of the day, get what you want. It's your car and your money.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
My new Camaro

Drives: 2500 hd
i bought a v6 camaro when i was 19 and heard it to.but mostly from people with z28 or ss who were all older than me. so i would say do what u can and forget opinons/ also now im 27 and getting 2ss
My new Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Not worth it? What else on the market beats it for that price point? Many people say "v8 or nothin'" so of course it's "not worth it" to them. But to anyone who wants a solid performing car with amazing looks and just all around solid vehicle, I say go for it.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
Get what you want and be happy with it. I plan on getting the V6 as well. I can afford the V8 but I really love the idea of the lighter V6 with better fuel economy.

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
im going with the v6 too and ant i thought the samething v8 or nothing but 300hp is similiar to what older gen v8s had...talking with my friend who owns a 2003mustang gt was suprised that this v6 is pushing 300hp im in the same boat college student commutes to campus and the v8 isnt that practical for me

just remember there is always aftermarket parts and another thing is your getting a beautiful caar
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
buy the v-6. screw everyone else. its your money, its your car. a lot of the v-6 bashers are those that are stuck in the mentality of "if its not a v-8, its not a muscle car" or "if its not a manual, its not a real car"

buy what you want and what you can afford. to hell with the naysayers.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
+1 to what everybody else has said.

i'm willing to bet everyone who's saying it ain't worth it don't really know much about it. you should check out this thread. it's got a bunch of compelling arguments on buying the V6.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
+1 to what everybody else has said.

i'm willing to bet everyone who's saying it ain't worth it don't really know much about it. you should check out this thread. it's got a bunch of compelling arguments on buying the V6.
i wouldnt venture to say that they dont know about it, I would say that they are stuck in an aging mindset.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
You may end up being a little smarter than those guys in the end anyway. The V8 would be nice..........but let's consider insurance, age of driver, what are gases prices gonig to be in the next 4-5 yrs while you are making payments. This car is going to turn heads on the outside alone by it's looks.

It doesn't look like too many on here are bashing your V6 so in the end they aren't making your payments, paying on the insurance or buying your gas. My brother told me I needed to get the V8 but I looked at several things and I can afford it but I really think the V6 will have enough power to drive me 12 miles to work and back and if he isn't going to pay the extra $6000.00 or so to get it the way I want it then he can go over and sit in a corner and pout!!!!
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
My new Camaro

Drives: 2500 hd
but anyway i need a v8 and a 6speed
My new Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #13
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Ok guys. I have a 2007 4.0 Mustang Pony Package at 220hp. Had I known that in 2010 I could get a V6 Camaro for the same price with a lot of options (because i got the pony package) I would have waited. And let me tell you. I am a Ford Loyalist and mustang loyalist. That being said the V6 camaro is gonna be the best bang for your buck.

I have driven a V6 challenger and its a heavy idiotic machine at 250hp. It has no pick up. So anyone driving a v6 camaro will be beating 4.0 stangs and challengers flat out.

Like i said im a Mustang lover. I love the way the new 2010 looks however......the mustang Gt still will have 300hp while the camaro for less money and a v6 with more options will be what? 25k? 27k loaded? The choice is obvious.

If i wasnt underneat on the mustang i would be trading it in for a v6 camaro.

The only thing that would change my mind is if Ford puts the new 3.5L ecoboost v6 355hp engine in the mustang. But that will be at best 2011.

So my friend......get your v6 camaro and love it.....for 25k you will have more options than my mustang with more power......and you will beat me off the line every time.

Last edited by comiskeybum; 01-19-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: signature
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Who said it's not worth it?!?!?!

I'll ban'em!!!!

There's NOTHING that can offer the same bang-for-your buck as the V6 Camaro. If you want it, go for it. It's PLENTY worth it.