Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
asmith10

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Foam Gun Deal

I was looking around trying to find the best price on a foam gun I could, and I happened to stumble across a company selling the Gilmour Foam Guns for a mere $40.00!
http://www.wasserstrom.com/restauran...Product_611917
asmith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
looks pretty good.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
I've been wanting the Gilmour Foamaster II 95QGFMR with the multi-ratio dial. It doesn't seem wasserstrom has it, only the Foamaster 75QGF4 with a fixed ratio.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
I have the Adams foam gun, has several settings to pick how foamy you want, i really like it.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
TheKid_28

Drives: Black 2SS w/ White rally stripes
I couldnt find the adams foam gun anywhere, link?
TheKid_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
id be willing to sell mine, i dont use it that often, PM me an offer if interested.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Cheaper solution

I picked up and Ortho Dial N Spray Hose end sprayer yesterday from Home Depot for 9 bucks. It has a dial that lets you control the soap to water ratio so I think this may work. Only question of course is if it will foam up but for $9 it's worth a try.

I think spending $40 - $60 plus shipping for a foam gun is crazy. I think that if you but one of the detail or washing kits from Adams this is something that should be included.

If their product is that good and everyone is happy with it than they will make money from their customers for years to come. By including the foam gun I think it would only help them because suppossedly this is key to a good wash and look of the paint.

For example I buy the total wash kit but don't buy the foam gun (which I do not see on the Adams site) not understanding that without it I don't get the results I want. I may say this kit isn't worth it and not buy these products again. But if you throw in the foam gun and I use it as I should and I get a great wash I might say DAMN!!! this stuff is great.....I'm gonna use this for the rest of my life and spend thousands over the years! Anybody feel me here?

Anyway I will let you know if the Ortho Dial N Spray works or if I just end up using it to kill stuff in the yard.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I may have to invest in one. My Zaino distributor recently bought a black SUV and told me the foam gun is a must for black cars.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I may have to invest in one. My Zaino distributor recently bought a black SUV and told me the foam gun is a must for black cars.
So are you currently using zaino or adams products?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
So are you currently using zaino or adams products?
Zaino.

Although I am considering talking to 'The Junkman' for his advice on some Adams products to try out. In detailing cars, its a good idea to have an idea what products are out there and how they perform.

But for my personal cars, I've got them on a "Zaino only" diet.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
I picked up and Ortho Dial N Spray Hose end sprayer yesterday from Home Depot for 9 bucks. It has a dial that lets you control the soap to water ratio so I think this may work. Only question of course is if it will foam up but for $9 it's worth a try.

I think spending $40 - $60 plus shipping for a foam gun is crazy. I think that if you but one of the detail or washing kits from Adams this is something that should be included.

If their product is that good and everyone is happy with it than they will make money from their customers for years to come. By including the foam gun I think it would only help them because suppossedly this is key to a good wash and look of the paint.

For example I buy the total wash kit but don't buy the foam gun (which I do not see on the Adams site) not understanding that without it I don't get the results I want. I may say this kit isn't worth it and not buy these products again. But if you throw in the foam gun and I use it as I should and I get a great wash I might say DAMN!!! this stuff is great.....I'm gonna use this for the rest of my life and spend thousands over the years! Anybody feel me here?

Anyway I will let you know if the Ortho Dial N Spray works or if I just end up using it to kill stuff in the yard.
I use the Ortho Dial N Spray sprayer and it works great for me.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #12
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
I use the Ortho Dial N Spray sprayer and it works great for me.
Ah! I knew I wasn't the only genius cheapo' on this forum . So tell me does it foam up nicely like the foam guns? Any special tricks to make it work corretly or does it work just as easily as the recommended foam guns?

Will be giving it a try for the first time tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
DetailAddict

Drives: .
maybe i should swing by home depot later to pick one up and try...

Quote:
DetailAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
It doesn't look like the adjustabel version. I bought mine at Chemical Brothers, they had the adjustable version equal in price to the lowest I've seen anywhre for that version. But they included two bottles of cleaner (valued at 8 bucks each). Used the foamer this weekend, love it!

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote