Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Traverse reviews

Edit: 2100th post...woot.

Hey gang,

I'm at a crossroads. We are paying a ridiculous interest rate on our 2003 Trailblazer because my credit was at it's worst from my divorce but our situation dictated getting it when we did. We are paying $315/month for a truck with 80k miles on it....kinda depressing.

The point is, we've recovered now and are ready to re-finance the truck. However, today we were at a huge thing in Central Florida called the Strawberry festival (think of it like the state fair, but with a theme) and a dealership was flaunting their stuff.

One of the things said dealer was flaunting was a bunch of Traverses (1LT) that were used int he Super Bowl. My guess is they were a short term lease deal and the executives and personalities that were all over the area were using them. There are trucks with miles ranging from 40-400 miles but I get the impression they are being sold as new (that matters when going for the interest rate). The dealer claimed a 1LT has an MSRP of $32k but they are selling these 100 trucks or so for $24k and some change (depending on the exact truck; the miles making the price difference I guess).

Here's the problems:

1) I've heard little about the Traverse, I want feedback...and although I will read reviews from the mags, I have no choice but to take those with a grain of salt. I want enthusiast feedback because I can relate to them.

2) If I do this, there's no way I'm getting a coupe. This absolutely guarantees I'm waiting 2 years before buying anything else...or longer. I've not been quiet about the fact I'm a convertible man, but the idea of waiting so much longer has been such a sorry concept. I've come really close to talking to a dealer (I may have one now, pending some research) and just ordering my 1SS coupe...but no chance of that with a new truck payment.

3) Well I guess there's not a "3". My budget is fine, and since the payment will likely only go up $100/month or so and we'll save that in gas (Trailblazer LTZ is a hog). It's just that this will seriously negate any other major purchases for a while.

Soo....feedback, please.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Every one we sold, the people are very happy...Some come with the back up camera in the rearview, and the blind spot mirrors - something the other GM twins DON'T have (like the Acadia).

People who bought here also said the Traverse had a better ride than the Acadia.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
From what I've heard about the other three Lambdas, they're very well built and most are completely satisfied with them.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I got to drive one overnight and personally, I love it! I had a 1LT with backup camera, bose, dvd, and the blindspot mirrors. The ride is awesome, it has surprisingly good pickup (and 281hp mind you), and the 5.1 dolby digital bose surround sound made me jealous as it sounds better than the Yamaha system I have in my living room. Depending on your family situation, I would say it's a smart purchase. Definitely more practical than a Camaro, but then again, YOU'RE ON A CAMARO FORUM, so this might be a bad place to ask whether you should buy this or a traverse...
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Go look at the RJT (clevland pics). Maybee that will help with your decision.

Dont know anything about the traverse though.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

I'm not asking for advice of this over a Camaro. The convertible-faithful are all going through the same torture as me on a daily basis...we want our ragtops but damn if that's not a long wait!

If I were buying a coupe this wouldn't be a conversation, we'd refinance the TBlazer and I'd be working finance towards the Camaro as the new car purchase.

So it's less of an advice thread and more of a feedback thread, I guess.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
MerF
Go Rays!

Holy crap.

My truck isn't worth anything now. The trade-in on it is only $6k, if I'm lucky. Well this settles it. I would still like to know more about the Traverse for future reference though!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The Traverse is a very well-built machine. Like all recent GM products, it has been tested more rigorously than any comparable alternative. It is apparently a very satisfying ride for those who like that kind of vehicle, but it won't settle your desire for a muscle car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Yea, there was even a post about it regarding one of the Lambda's... anyway, a lady who owned an Acura RDX traded it in on a new Acadia, and ran into Bob Lutz. She had to tell him how much she loved her Acadia over the RDX.

My own personal opinion? I haven't driven the thing, but i got to sit in it (3LT) and play with many of the buttons. It is very sweet, and has an amazing exterior and interior! The 3.6 shouldn't be lacking in any power too much either, but it won't be any Camaro...
Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
We bought a traverse in september put 3700 miles on it so far. Everything is cool, very nice ride just alittle road noise at highway speed. Also MPG not as advertised, we had 2001 tahoe and this is only a little better on fuel . All said we have 2lt and my wife loves it. P.S. ordered 2SS RS CGM. Good luck.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've heard nothing but good reviews on the Lamda's. Lots of space for both people and cargo, and good fuel economy.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr View Post
We bought a traverse in september put 3700 miles on it so far. Everything is cool, very nice ride just alittle road noise at highway speed. Also MPG not as advertised, we had 2001 tahoe and this is only a little better on fuel . All said we have 2lt and my wife loves it. P.S. ordered 2SS RS CGM. Good luck.
There won't be a dramatic increase over your Tahoe in fuel economy in mixed driving. Maybe if you constantly drove it at constant speeds on highways, you'd notice an increase.

It's still quite fuel efficient for its size though.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #13
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
whats the real world MPG's on the lambda's?

=bobby
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I would still like to know more about the Traverse for future reference though!
The Traverse is an asbsolutely beautiful machine in all senses of the word...but if you're on a budget and you don't need a new vehicle right now...I have to 150% reccomend the 2010 Equinox when it releases later this year. This vehicle....holy mother of God.

http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewequinox/