The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by New C7 View Post
Let me clarify my point. Patrick Fitzpatrick said about 100 Premier Edition cars were built. He didn't say if any were delivered to dealers.

If they indeed built 100 Premier Edition cars, they are all Laguna Blue with exposed carbon fiber roofs. My order is Laguna Blue with exposed carbon fiber roof. So, thinking logically, that roof could have been allocated to my order rather than a car that can only be ordered by a dealer. The Premier Edition was announced weeks after they started taking orders, so how do they leapfrog my order?
EXACTLY! Heck mine is a 3LT laguna blue, it is like they built my car, threw some luggage in the back and called it a Premier Edition instead.
I ordered way before they even mentioned the Premier edition, yet GM chooses to build their own cars first. It is a GM car and dealers are given a choice to take it or not......they can't instead use the opportunity to order a customer car.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
Question You signed up early !

I think you bitches need some cheese with your WHINE!

No one forced you to order a preproduction car.

I'm just going to CHILL till I get a the car Chevy wants to deliver, a car that's right.
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #17
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenC7Z-51 View Post

I think you bitches need some cheesh your WHINE!

No one forced you to order a preproduction car.

I'm just going to CHILL till I get a the car Chevy wants to deliver, a car that's right.
Who is the *itch. "I'll pay Chevy and take whatever they decide when ever"??????
Pfffttt.......I did not get where I have in life with that attitude.
You should have ended your lame tirade with"Thank you Sir! May I have another?"

Don't worry this will be the last GM vehicle I will buy for a very long time. Really sucks because I hate Ford.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #18
GreenC7Z-51

Yes Thank You, I will have another! When they make a Z06/Z07, or whatever is next, I knew this when I ordered the Z51 in July! I trust Chevrolet, I have never had a major problem with any of my many Chevy vehicles over a 40 year period. I have owned both a Ford and a Dodge that we're dumped before the first year! My K5 Blazer is a '71 and is still the best 4X4 I've had, jeeps, Ramcharger, landcruser, all crap!

I'm a fan of 5 year aged Cheese, 12 year old wine, 15 year whiskey, I'm willing to wait to have it right!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I am a bourbon man, but otherwise agree with GreenC7Z-51.

Four Roses Single Barrel to be specific. And yes, Earnest Hemingway is a favorite author.

I am willing to wait to have it right.

Laborsmith

Last edited by laborsmith; 09-25-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
GreenC7Z-51

I've been rewarded today! Just got my Ser.# 1843, my C7 is 4b00...

Good thing s come to those who wait!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenC7Z-51 View Post
I've been rewarded today! Just got my Ser.# 1843, my C7 is 4b00...

Good thing s come to those who wait!
Congrats on getting your car built! I really am very happy and excited for every one who has had their car built!
Did you order the exposed carbon fiber roof? When was your order accepted by production?

I like yourself really am not mad about having to wait for my car to be built. It is the process that accepted orders for cars that had no constraints then decides to build their own cars instead. Mine has been sitting in limbo for over 8 weeks, others even longer.
This could have all been avoided had someone....anyone just said "Hey marketing has decided to build these special cars first and your order will be completed around **/**/2013". Heck then throw these customers a $250 coupon for their troubles. This however is not how GM does things, they just do what they feel is best and everyone can just lump it. How hard is it to do a quick bulletin to dealers with a little information?
I currently own a total of 17 light vehicles, all but three are GM products and all are less than four years old. I too have tried others and not been happy at all with them. A good product however does not make treating customers like this all right.
Again let me stress it is not the wait, it is the total lack of common courtesy and communication in this instance that gets my goat.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
To mws444: I tried to read your last post. It may have had info or a point of view that could be interesting. I did not read it and I will allow your own intelligence to figure out why.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
GreenC7Z-51

My car was ordered with the Carbon Fiber roof only. I deleted the Carbon Fiber Dash so that my order would move forward.

My 2000 C5 was 8 weeks from order to built, my C7 was 8 weeks + 8 days for the same. That's not to bad in my book for a completely new generation change. My C5 was held 3 weeks so they could show the world the new wheels for the 2000 model, the only other change was removing the passenger door key lock.

Mws444
Maybe they will give you one of those Carbon tops from the fires 100 edition cars that are already built. Maybe they heard your plea!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
To mws444: I tried to read your last post. It may have had info or a point of view that could be interesting. I did not read it and I will allow your own intelligence to figure out why.

Laborsmith

Have you got yours yet? I want pics!!!!!!!!