Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #57
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper sc/1ss/rs View Post
alot of people may choose the Mustang, surely not for it's looks only a mother could love,
Lol. That is all subjective however displaying the rear of the car (which is a sticking point for most Camaro owners) while running at the track to said Camaro owners is far more enjoyable.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #58
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Lol. That is all subjective however displaying the rear of the car (which is a sticking point for most Camaro owners) while running at the track to said Camaro owners is far more enjoyable.
Ah, the rear of a Mustang, the only thing worst than it's looks during birth....
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #59
casper sc/1ss/rs

Drives: 2011 camaro ss vortech supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Ah, the rear of a Mustang, the only thing worst than it's looks during birth....
!!!!
casper sc/1ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #60
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
hey now. it is still a nice A$$ to look at. Just ask Stevie Wonder.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #61
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
hey now. it is still a nice A$$ to look at. Just ask Stevie Wonder.
I heard he was on the fence......that might explain why more Mustang owners are women.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #62
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
You realize that I am breaking no rules, posting in treads related to the Mustang, and enjoy civilized discussion especially when comparing the two cars. If I was trolling every sub forum posting how great this or that is and how crappy what some owner has is then I could see the issue/point. I'll point out once more that it is Camaro owners who create these threads 99% of the time.

You guys have as much choice to not read/post in these threads as I do. If you don't like us posting then don't read the threads.

There are some great members here and have really enjoyed interacting with them. I also have several friends who own/drive Camaro's. I am not brand biased. Current vehicle inventory is: Dodge, Ford, Nissan and Plymouth. Pretty diverse IMO.

BTW - I participate/contribute in the Mustang community fairly heavily and have been since the '90's. I joined camaro5 and camaroz28 before I bought my Camaro and participated/contributed to the community here as well. I have folks PM me here who are looking for advise ranging from racing to mechanical help. I don't mind helping anyone regardless of what they drive.

Bottom line is I am not the "hater" some would like to make me out to be.
its not about braking the rules...
its not about what you do its how you do it.

but other than that we all see your point
IRS is better than sra i dont care what anyone says I will be more than happy to show you why i say that. i cant explaine it in words you have to be in the car at the limits and feel those rear tires craking away and how it sends that info right in to the shifter...
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #63
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
its not about braking the rules...
its not about what you do its how you do it.

but other than that we all see your point
IRS is better than sra i dont care what anyone says I will be more than happy to show you why i say that. i cant explaine it in words you have to be in the car at the limits and feel those rear tires craking away and how it sends that info right in to the shifter...
What kind of IRS are you talking about though, there are IRS setups that are superior to the Solid Rear Axle however, there are IRS systems that are just common suspension systems and are mistaken for performance IRS systems. To make a blanket statement and say that IRS is just better would be like saying that OHC engines are better than all OHVs. Look into IRS systems and find out exactly where the 5th Gens IRS system fits into the entire scene before making a blanket statement. 89-97 T-Bird had IRS, do you know what the 89-97 Tbird IRS and the 5th Gen Camaros IRS had in common?

Is 5 link better than 4 link? Is 6 link better than 5? Is BMWs Z link better than Control Blade? IRS is a standard term than many believe is a cure all, it is so standard now that we can compare it to words like spring, shock, tire and wheel when we talk about handling. Assuming that 3 simple letters fixes everything shows how big of an impact marketing has had on the unknowing. Same goes with terms like Eco, VCT, AWD, DCT and MRC...

Last edited by thePill; 09-17-2011 at 01:54 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #64
maroman1138

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
I believe that answer is an OPINION to whomever is driving the car at that current moment. Track numbers are one thing, but numbers arent completely accurate, and tho's not to say those "car magazines" arent biased? Each person has their likes and dislikes when it comes to steering and handling and he was letting us know his opinion.
Amen brother.
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
maroman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #65
maroman1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder11150 View Post
The point I was trying to make was that even with the SRA, the Mustang handles better. It just seems that a lot of people on here feel that just because they have IRS, they out handle every other car on the road.

That doesn't mean that a SRA will always handle better than an IRS, or vice versa, the SRA just handles better in this comparison between the current Mustang and Camaro.
And your entitled to your opinion. Who is this guy?
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #66
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman1138 View Post
And your entitled to your opinion. Who is this guy?
That "opinion" is becoming fact according to the SCCA GTS class and Grand Am GS class. The Boss 302 uses the SRA in both SCCA and Grand Am and it is worth noting that the Boss 302s SRA is just as good as the M3s Z link IRS. Although the Boss was 9 points from 1st overall, the Boss 302 had the most 1st place finishes (4), 2nd place finishes (4) and had three 3rd place finishes this season. In SCCA, Paul Brown's Boss 302 should clinch the GTS championship this week with 2 races remaining and in a far 2nd is an FR500 Mustang.

The SRA has been proven to work in road racing applications where IRS systems, based on design, are hit or miss.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #67
maroman1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
That "opinion" is becoming fact according to the SCCA GTS class and Grand Am GS class. The Boss 302 uses the SRA in both SCCA and Grand Am and it is worth noting that the Boss 302s SRA is just as good as the M3s Z link IRS. Although the Boss was 9 points from 1st overall, the Boss 302 had the most 1st place finishes (4), 2nd place finishes (4) and had three 3rd place finishes this season. In SCCA, Paul Brown's Boss 302 should clinch the GTS championship this week with 2 races remaining and in a far 2nd is an FR500 Mustang.

The SRA has been proven to work in road racing applications where IRS systems, based on design, are hit or miss.
Cmon dude. Do you really care that much? Honestly.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
These conversations have a way of evolving from fun and light hearted to annoying and exhaustive....
Old 09-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #69
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman1138 View Post
Cmon dude. Do you really care that much? Honestly.
Of course, although I own a BMW, I am not much of a fan of Turner, Fall-Line or Rum Bum. I was hoping that this would be an all American championship year in GT and GS but it turned out not to be the case. Performances from both camps were incredible, but not enough to pull in a championship in Grand Am. SCCA on the other hand is going to be a different story....

Why would I not care?

To close the discussion though, according to major road racing circuits, a solid rear axle equipped car has more podium finishes and more 1st place finishes than BMW and Porsche. That is impressive...
Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #70
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
What kind of IRS are you talking about though, there are IRS setups that are superior to the Solid Rear Axle however, there are IRS systems that are just common suspension systems and are mistaken for performance IRS systems. To make a blanket statement and say that IRS is just better would be like saying that OHC engines are better than all OHVs. Look into IRS systems and find out exactly where the 5th Gens IRS system fits into the entire scene before making a blanket statement. 89-97 T-Bird had IRS, do you know what the 89-97 Tbird IRS and the 5th Gen Camaros IRS had in common?

Is 5 link better than 4 link? Is 6 link better than 5? Is BMWs Z link better than Control Blade? IRS is a standard term than many believe is a cure all, it is so standard now that we can compare it to words like spring, shock, tire and wheel when we talk about handling. Assuming that 3 simple letters fixes everything shows how big of an impact marketing has had on the unknowing. Same goes with terms like Eco, VCT, AWD, DCT and MRC...