Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
rrang

Drives: 2011 V6 Camaro LT 1 RS
Post From Headers to the Tail Pipes

All right I am looking to upgrade my 2011 LT/RS and these are the choices I have made. What do you guys thing ? What do you guys think my total HP and TQ gains will be after I install all of this? Does anyone have a similar setup?

Doug Thorley Shortie Headers: - $367
http://shop.dougthorleyheaders.com/c...ders-thy-338-c

Solo Mach X-LLT Cat Back: - $895
http://solo-performance.com/pe-camaro-llt-std-auto

Solo High Flow Cats: - $698
http://solo-performance.com/pe-camar...rters-std-auto

Cold Air Intake: - $295
http://www.phastekperformance.com/Ai...ro-250-242.htm

VTC Throttle Control: - $180
http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/t...010-camaro.htm

VMAX ICE Olator: - $150
http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/vmax-i...maro-v6-250-lp

All in all this will cost about $2500 but i think it will be well worth it. Does anyone have an estimate RWHP gain? I was think around 40 RWHP gain but I am not sure. Yes, I will get it on a Dyno to tune it when I have a chance. I will buy the parts pretty soon, I want to look all over and find the best prices of course. So if you or anyone you know has any of these parts in a good condition, or know of a place to buy them at a great price, please message me. I would also like to know what you guys think of this list? Would you change anything? Thanks for your guys time.

I live in California so some of these will be "frowned" upon by my local authorities but I know a couple of shops that will smog my car for a a few extra bucks. I might not have to do that anyway seeing as the plug into cars now and scan for codes to see if it will pass smog.

This is what I expect my car to sound like when I install all the parts listed above:

Last edited by rrang; 05-03-2015 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Updated Parts List
rrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #2
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
If your not in California go with long tube headers they give you more horsepower.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:11 AM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Looks like a nice combination. However, I really doubt you will see a gain of 40 RWHP. Others with similar set-ups were able to see maybe 20.

Check this thread out for similar results to compare.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153186
Old 05-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
i agree with rtcat you'll see maybe 20-25 extra rwhp with this setup. you want that 40 i'd get long tubes with high flows or go catless with long tubes of course you'll need that extra tune to keep the CEL off for the o2 sensors so 40 rwhp is pretty attainale with the swap out from shortys to long tubes. although this setup you have will make the car sound and feel considerably different.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
rrang

Drives: 2011 V6 Camaro LT 1 RS
When It comes to the long tune headers I really don't like the way the make the car sound. Also isn't all the horsepower from the long tubes in high end rpm?
rrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The DT shorties seem to make any V6 setup sound much better, especially with aftermarket exhaust. Man I wish I had headers.

Anyways, your setup should end up sound pretty sweet, although the SOLO high flows and AMT exhaust could make for a bit of a raspy setup. I say try it first. If you find that it ends up a bit raspy/metallic sounding, throw on a magnaflow resonated X on there to tame it down, or add some other type of bullet style resonator. The magnaflow will tame it the most, but bullets would help just every so slightly.

Expect 25ish (more or less) gain in HP. If you wanted more you'd need to go with LT headers and a tune to get anything near that 40 rwhp gain, and even then it may be iffy.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, I would say you will see about 20rwhp increase.

Having already bought basically all the bolt-ons on my previous 2010 v6 Camaro, I would say just buy the parts that will get you the best sound. The price and HP output just isn't there with the LLT. If you want performance mods, work on saving up for F/I, that includes nitrous. lol

I know living in Cali you have restrictions, so if what you listed is really all you plan on doing to your car, I think it's a good list. A little more power and a better sound is always nice.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #8
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The DT shorties seem to make any V6 setup sound much better, especially with aftermarket exhaust.

I'm currently stationed in California and have this setup for my Camaro and love the sound:

- Doug Thorley Shorty Headers
- 2.5in Pypes Mid-muffler Catback
- VMAX ICEOLATOR
- VMAX Ported Throttle body
- Volant CAI
- Viteese Motorsports Throttle Controller
- Stock Cats
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
ngbusyders

Drives: camaro
Others with similar set-ups were able to see maybe 20.
ngbusyders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #10
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
After doing Stainless Works LTH on my 2010 2LT, I saw huge low-end gains, so I highly recommend going the LTH route if you are aiming for a total of 40hp increase. I also didn't get any CEL which is nice, and to combat the raspy sound, I got the Magnaflow resonated X-pipe for $100 which overall makes the car sound awesome. Honestly the only reason to go with shorties IMO is if you live in Cali, or are just realllly hate the sound of long tubes and dont care about hp gains.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #11
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
After doing Stainless Works LTH on my 2010 2LT, I saw huge low-end gains, so I highly recommend going the LTH route if you are aiming for a total of 40hp increase. I also didn't get any CEL which is nice, and to combat the raspy sound, I got the Magnaflow resonated X-pipe for $100 which overall makes the car sound awesome. Honestly the only reason to go with shorties IMO is if you live in Cali, or are just realllly hate the sound of long tubes and dont care about hp gains.
You must have just installed them or have a tune, you will get a CEL if you don't. Sometimes it takes a while but you will get it. I got the CEL after about 50 miles with m Stainless Works LTs
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
You must have just installed them or have a tune, you will get a CEL if you don't. Sometimes it takes a while but you will get it. I got the CEL after about 50 miles with m Stainless Works LTs

That's right I do have the IPF supercharger tune. On that note, anyone with the IPF kit should totally get LTHs, they really reveal the supercharger's potential
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote