Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
:eek:I'd go find the trucker...and ask him to kindly turn around, and run me over, too.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #44
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
.. drive..... a lot! definitely time for a cruise.. will have to get out a lot so i can look at it too!

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:03 AM   #45
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
What would you guys do if.. you just bought the car, and were pulling off the lot. Then all of a sudden, a huge truck slams into the back of you because they weren't paying attention. You were fine but the car was totaled. :O
First off that would probably trigger one of my rare rages and first I would have to control myself. Then I'd demand he pay every penny of my car. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but if her ran into me from the back, he is the one responsible.

But that is the reason I always pay extra close attention to other trafficants, and why I don't tailgate that much. I'd rather burn past someone then annoy them by driving up their asses.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #46
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
First off that would probably trigger one of my rare rages and first I would have to control myself. Then I'd demand he pay every penny of my car. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but if her ran into me from the back, he is the one responsible.

But that is the reason I always pay extra close attention to other trafficants, and why I don't tailgate that much. I'd rather burn past someone then annoy them by driving up their asses.
To my knowledge it is the same here. If you rearend someone, you are automatically at fault.

I don't necessarily think that should be the case though. If the person in front of you slams on their brakes for an animal and you hit them, well that's their fault.

But I rarely tailgate either. I try to stay a little further back just in case.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #47
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
When your backing out of a space and hit someone then its your fault even if you didnt see them. Any other rear end collision is the fault of the paerson who was tailgating and not paying attention.
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #48
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Take it to Hooters and have the ladies pose with it for pics

J/K. I'll definitely be driving it around to share my joy with friends. Will be hard to adhere to breakin (if theres a suggested one).
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #49
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Fun story actually, my ex's dad always tailgated, but he was the slowest driving man you've ever seen on the road, I don't know how he did it! To bad his daughter was nuts, he was a great guy to be around.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
To my knowledge it is the same here. If you rearend someone, you are automatically at fault.

I don't necessarily think that should be the case though. If the person in front of you slams on their brakes for an animal and you hit them, well that's their fault.

Not always the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrick View Post
When your backing out of a space and hit someone then its your fault even if you didnt see them. Any other rear end collision is the fault of the paerson who was tailgating and not paying attention.
Not ALL the time is this true. There are occassions in which the only reason the accident occurred was due to the unnecessary actions of the driver in front of them. Or driverless actions...but that's another story!

AND ANOTHER THREAD.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #51
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Well to get back on topic,

My first 24-hours will probably be worn with a nonstop smile on my face and my bumblebee T-shirt on.

I say that because it will be a commemoration to a personal acheivement when I pull off the lot with my new toy. To be followed with plenty of pics and a video of the birth.

Last edited by daddyseth1; 12-19-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Typo
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:21 PM   #52
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Well I'm going to show mine off to family and friends. I'm going to drive EVERYWHERE during the break in period to kill time lol. I'm going to take plenty of pics of it, I'm going to make sure pick up is as early as possible! My new garage roof is ready and waiting fior my Camaro.

I hope its gonna be Navy Blue-metallic with chrome wheels (19s or 20s), or at the very least Black or Silver if Navy Blue is not available. If available I'm having the Chevy symbol changed to SS. I want to make sure I'm the first in my neighborhood with it.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #53
CamaroFever

Drives: Its in my sig "2002 Galant V6"
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroFever
I going to let my top down, I dont care if its raining, snowing, etc, and play T.I. as loud as possible, and drive around all day picking up chicks
Old 12-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #54
09fathomgreen

Drives: 1997 Ford
If I get mine in Denver, take it on a cruise up, and then down Lookout Mountain and Bear Creek Canyon, followed by a trip home to show it off to my Mom and sisters. Mom'll probably be the first passenger to get a ride because the sisters are both Mustang fanatics.
I'll follow that up by just driving, and taking time to look at the car.
09fathomgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #55
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
When I get my hands on one.. it will definitely be driven through the hill country during the day, once the sun sets I'm going camping.......

in the Camaro in my garage of course!

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #56
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Ok I know it's been asked what song are you going to play first in your car. but what are your plans for the first 24 hrs?

well I plan to take a week of leave right after I get mine. but the first 24hrs I'm going to probably drive it around and show her off to friends and family and then that evening I'm going to have a cook out and just put some chairs out in the front yard with a nice cigar and bottle of jack daniels i'm going to sit there and stair at her for the next few hours. admiring how perfect she is.

<- loco
Sounds like a plan to me... Come up here and we will go to the Tail of the Dragon.. Me in the Sky and you in the Camaro....

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote