Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #337
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post
I dunno where you get 5 grand more, I got my LS for 20 k flat, brand new. An SS would have cost me 11 or 12 more.

And getting a Camaro for mileage or insurance is definitely not stupid.
He might have been referring to the smallest possible difference in price between a basically fully loaded 2LT and a bare-bones 1SS. Certainly the difference between a bare bones LS and a fully loaded 2SS would be much much greater.

Personally, I take the average and factor in the loss on a trade-in to basically say that Tracy's forced induction solutions are a great performance bargain when compared to upgrading to an SS.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #338
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
For me to have gotten a 2SS set up the way my 2LT is I would have been out door around $41,000 if not more. And I still would h e wanted to mod it. 8k on my V6 gives me something different, faster than an SS, and with better fuel Econ.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #339
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
For me to have gotten a 2SS set up the way my 2LT is I would have been out door around $41,000 if not more. And I still would h e wanted to mod it. 8k on my V6 gives me something different, faster than an SS, and with better fuel Econ.
This.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #340
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
i dont know where you would buy a ss for 5k more but i should go shopping with you more often lol. It would of cost me about 9 to 10k more if i wanted an ss. I do agree that Tracy has been the "god" in the v6 community by developing working FI builds were others have failed and I have alot of respect for an individual like that. And little by little were are getting more love. I just wished we got as much love as the mustang and the genesis in the beginning. Those two vehicles had turbo and Sc build withing months that the cars were released. But thanks to individuals like the OP and many other members that have gone the FI route have finally open the eyes for possible vendors. I just cant wait till a 6 hits the 525 to 550whp mark. Talk about a sleeper! Now come on OP and feed my turbo addiction lol. More videos por favor!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #341
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
Plus it just seems alot cooler saying you have a 400+ hp V6 than a 400 hp v8 Cant c me i may missed it but did you put on a drive shaft saftey loop,just in case?I may be wrong on my numbers but i think you need one on the track anyway if you run 12.99 or faster,someone please correct me if im wrong.If you put a drive shaft loop on what did you go with..
smoke1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #342
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Plus it just seems alot cooler saying you have a 400+ hp V6 than a 400 hp v8 Cant c me i may missed it but did you put on a drive shaft saftey loop,just in case?I may be wrong on my numbers but i think you need one on the track anyway if you run 12.99 or faster,someone please correct me if im wrong.If you put a drive shaft loop on what did you go with..
Found this:

In the 2012 NHRA Rulebook on page 3 of E. T. section 4A, DRIVELINE it states “Driveshaft loop required on all cars running 13.99 (*8.59) or quicker and utilizing slicks, except vehicles running 11.49 (*7.35) seconds or slower equipped with street tires.”

And I agree on the coolness factor!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #343
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Well I have had fun the last 24hrs with my baby! But she is parked now till I get my tweaked tune from Vince. I have hammered the crap out of this car since 11pm last night. The transmission has not yet felt any sluggishness or weakness. The 1-2 shift is strong and precise with ALOT of shifts at redline (without pegging the limiter lol). Have a short throw and switching my Trans and Diff oils to Mobil 1 has helped control the new power well. The new suspension set up I thought was going to be stiff and hard. NO NO it rides and feels like a Caddy suspension and ALL the power goes to the ground with hardly no wheel hop.

So if your on the fence about having a boosted LLT M6 I'm here to say it can handle it. And I was going to get a clutch at first but like Tracy said it's not needed since I have little miles still. But the clutch seems strong and no fade as of yet. But we know sooner or later it will go. But I don't see the transmission going anywhere soon.

And the MPG is still there and even with me playing with the boost. My 8 hour trip only took one full tank and 1/2. Compared to my one full tank and 1/4 before the turbo's on the same trip. Maybe after the tune tweak I will see the same MPG.

Can't beat the performance of a V6 TT even as a DD car!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #344
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
need more vids!!!
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #345
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post
I dunno where you get 5 grand more, I got my LS for 20 k flat, brand new. An SS would have cost me 11 or 12 more.

And getting a Camaro for mileage or insurance is definitely not stupid.
Ok, I should of said a 2LT and a 1SS I understand the features are different. I was basing the sale on engine displacement. Brand new 2LT RS (2011) can sell for 32 K, I could of purchased a brand new 1SS (2011) from Dave Smith of Idaho http://www.davesmith.com/index.htm for 32K . The quote is now about 10 months old. So there is that.
Next on insurance and gas mileage for insurance both cars would of been about a 10 dollar difference for me. As far as gas mileage one can argue depending on driver that the V8 can get numbers close to the V6 in town. And as far as gas price the V8 is about .20 cents difference per fill up.
Sorry about me being off topic. I love the turbo and Supercharger set ups. I am so glad that Can't_C_Me has the money and the time to set his car up with twin turbos. I am glad it is running very nice for him. BTW NICE CAMARO... Oh and More pictures of the car.
Ok back to the topic at hand!!! More Videos, and Dyno's.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #346
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
HLK, Didn't mean to sound like a dick, I just realized how douchey I sounded. LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #347
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Awww how nice...see that's why I'd rather spend my money on a V6 build and not a SS. We don't walk around big headed like some of them and always helping and not bashing one another.

I will have more videos up soon weather here the next 3-4 days looking dry wet. And waiting for my tweaked tune from Vince. Have to tighten some clamps down that we are boosting. But other than that like I said before running strong (but lean lol). But car will be parked till the weather clear around here. Dyno was going to be done this week, but I rather wait to be 100% with a good tune! The way it pulls right now I say 435+rwhp. Also swapped out the Meth medium jet to the large one yesterday. Next month after I feel the car is ready for more boost. I will talk with Tracy about adjusting the Meth kit for 9#'s of boost. Safe right now at 6-7#'s!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #348
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Awww how nice...see that's why I'd rather spend my money on a V6 build and not a SS. We don't walk around big headed like some of them and always helping and not bashing one another.

I will have more videos up soon weather here the next 3-4 days looking dry wet. And waiting for my tweaked tune from Vince. Have to tighten some clamps down that we are boosting. But other than that like I said before running strong (but lean lol). But car will be parked till the weather clear around here. Dyno was going to be done this week, but I rather wait to be 100% with a good tune! The way it pulls right now I say 435+rwhp. Also swapped out the Meth medium jet to the large one yesterday. Next month after I feel the car is ready for more boost. I will talk with Tracy about adjusting the Meth kit for 9#'s of boost. Safe right now at 6-7#'s!

cant wait!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #349
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow man that is soo awesome. The video made me drool. Love it! Can't wait to see your numbers. Hope you get the tune tweaked soon since your going lean. All in all that one hell of a mod! Thanks for the updates man!!!
Now. Does Tracy's fueling system upgrade he has in the works allow us to get past the 500to the wheels mark?
I want 500 or 550 to the wheels without the motor going kaboom trying to figure out how much I need to save
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #350
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Wow man that is soo awesome. The video made me drool. Love it! Can't wait to see your numbers. Hope you get the tune tweaked soon since your going lean. All in all that one hell of a mod! Thanks for the updates man!!!
Now. Does Tracy's fueling system upgrade he has in the works allow us to get past the 500to the wheels mark?
I want 500 or 550 to the wheels without the motor going kaboom trying to figure out how much I need to save
Thx alot TJ, and yes if I remember correctly its good for 600rwhp. Gretchen should already be at the 500rwhp mark with the new EFR turbos. I could be close depending on how much Meth I run later. The main reason Tracy ran the Meth kit for me was to help with detination rather than power.

And TJ you had asked awhile ago about the worries of the M6 on boost. To tell you have have none right now with the 6-7#'s I'm running. She seems strong, it's not like the car stays in boost all the time anyways lol. As soon as I notice any trans issues I will report it.