Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #127
alexcfwu

Drives: 1998 Trans Am
This is just unimaginable. There is no winner in this scenario.

Losers:
  • Car owners waiting for the cars
  • Dealers panicing about losing potential Camaro customers to Ford
  • Truck drivers not sure what the future holds with their company making a bad move
  • Every company out there using this trucking company thinking twice.
Winner: None.
alexcfwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #128
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
UNION LEADERSHIP is KILLING ITS MEMBERS!!!! LEGAL MAFIOSO???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Beyond just making a bad business decision they have committing a crime. They have stolen $47 million worth of cars. In addition to a massive law suit I would be contacting attorney general offices across the country. I might even have GM reps go down to the Allied depots the trucks are parked at and having them call the local Sheriff's office if they refused to hand over my vehicles.
You union members ..... time to realize that your leaders are greedy and politically motivated to grease the palms that keep theirs greased. YOU PAY THE COST!

The unions have colluded with so many politicians around the country that the costs are UNSUSTAINABLE. It plain and simple. Challenge your leaders, get costs under control, SELL MORE CARS and keep more jobs here within our borders.

What say you?

I'm tired of paying strongarm fees from legalized MAFIOSO.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #129
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness

Thanks Moderators for letting this discussion go ... It was truly the heartbeat of America right there. The right to believe in unions or not, to express opinions and disagree openly. You did not have to go get a union job because the government ordered you to, you had the right to join, the right not to join and both love our Camaros !
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #130
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbness View Post

Thanks Moderators for letting this discussion go ... It was truly the heartbeat of America right there. The right to believe in unions or not, to express opinions and disagree openly. You did not have to go get a union job because the government ordered you to, you had the right to join, the right not to join and both love our Camaros !
AGREED!
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #131
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
Don't worry, millions of other union members, and I will keep fighting so you can still live, in the most powerful country in the world, and one of the only countries to have those lazy union workers. Makes you wonder how we got that way without em. And I work in a place where safety is EXTREMELY important, and that makes it important to me, so there is a whole lot more than just money when it comes to unions. Does a college coarse make someone worth more? I am not on the side of business, I am on the side of everyday joes, who build the things that make our life easier.... like CAMAROS.
Funny I thought our military past and present gave us the right to live the way we do in this country?
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #132
jeff4946

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
Funny I thought our military past and present gave us the right to live the way we do in this country?
... have you been in either the military or a union? I keep hearing from everyone who doesn't pay one red cent of how unions are greedy. Over my lifetime in the steelworkers, I will give over 60k dollars to help the fight for wages, benefits, and safety from companies, who would do everything they could to pay next to nothing. To buy lobbyists to help put tarrifs on underpriced goods coming to our country. And all I hear from non union workers is how greedy I am. How much have you paid to help keep better wages for our families?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold

Last edited by jeff4946; 03-28-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #133
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Not to put a damper on this freedom of speech exercise, but does anyone know if any of the specialty Camaros destined for Camaro Fest 2 are being held captive somewhere?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #134
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post
That's a union for you
AMEN!!!!

2010 2SS/RS:
Order # NJNJZJ: 2SS/RS, Blk/Blk, MT, Sunroof.
1100 = Preliminary Order: 10/28/08
0000 = Order accidentally deleted by dealer: 3/??/09
1100 = Preliminary re-order: 3/??+1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 5/21/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 6/2/09
3400 = Broadcast: 6/4/09
3800 = Produced: 6/17/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/1/09
R.I.P. = Totaled on 4th day driven in rain: 10/16/20
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #135
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
... have you been in either the military or a union? I keep hearing from everyone who doesn't pay one red cent of how unions are greedy. Over my lifetime in the steelworkers, I will give over 60k dollars to help the fight for wages, benefits, and safety from companies, who would do everything they could to pay next to nothing. To buy lobbyists to help put tarrifs on underpriced goods coming to our country. And all I hear from non union workers is how greedy I am. How much have you paid to help keep better wages for our families?
Well I HAVE worked in and "with" labor unions...ask any electrician, plumber or other contractor this question - "What's the best [electrician, plumber, etc.] job to get?" Answer: A union job - highest pay for least work.

My first, but far from only experience:
Got on a ship, my cabin had paint peeling off the steel walls, after asking repeatedly to have the laborers scrape and paint it, and watching them on their coffee and cigarette breaks, I decided to just do it myself. On a Sunday when I didn't have bridge watch, I started working. Having gotten thru all the scraping, priming and 1/2 the painting, the Chief Mate walks by and sees me doing this and flipped out!!! WTF I ask. Stop right now and tell me how long you worked on this, because now I have to pay the (union) laborers overtime for the work you did! PS- I waited three more weeks for them to finish the last 1/2 of the painting!!!

Not all unions, but this is what I think has pervaded them...lazy, selfish "workers".

MHO

2010 2SS/RS:
Order # NJNJZJ: 2SS/RS, Blk/Blk, MT, Sunroof.
1100 = Preliminary Order: 10/28/08
0000 = Order accidentally deleted by dealer: 3/??/09
1100 = Preliminary re-order: 3/??+1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 5/21/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 6/2/09
3400 = Broadcast: 6/4/09
3800 = Produced: 6/17/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/1/09
R.I.P. = Totaled on 4th day driven in rain: 10/16/20
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #136
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
My finger's starting to twitch.......
Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #137
jeff4946

Easy on the finger... I work on a refinery with temperatures and pressures that are deadly. There are no lazy workers here, and we all watch each others back. If we have a slacker in the ranks, the union sends out our own council before the company even knows about it. Our goal is safety, and good wages. Anyone who calls a worker"my" has more of a problem than will ever be admitted. I am done with my argument, and I still own a bitchen camaro
Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #138
alexcfwu

Drives: 1998 Trans Am
Ok guys... this is obviously stirring up more than what is worth. Let's just hope that the issue is going to be resolved soon... After all, those "lost" camaros need to find their way to the rightful owners.
alexcfwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #139
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
Free the camaros!

I have never worked for a union but have worked with union employees. While i understand some people supporting unions .......... um the union employees, I do everything in my power to stay away from em. These people have brought the stereotype on themselves and it proves true for many of them.

I say yay to gm buying a quick solution. I hope they win the lawsuit, bye bye whiney union workers.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #140
Red Rocker
I can't drive 55!

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
We live in a some what free enterprise system. So if Allied doesn't want or can't honor their contract, they are free to go out of business. Unless their costs are cut, I guess they are headed for bankruptcy. Part of those costs are in driver pay. If they go out of business, they won't be needing drivers. I guess a 80% loaf is worse than a 0% loaf. I lost my job to China and the next job I found cost me way over a 20% cut.

The business leaders are no more entitled to outrageous pay than the union leaders and some union workers. Both are greedy and only out to fill their pockets.
Red Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote