Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
car is in the shop...

My clutch pedal has stuck a few times and it was still making a noise when i shifted despite them putting an additive in when i took it in before. So they kept it overnight two days ago to get a clutch pedal overnighted and they are now keeping it to get some bolts overnighted and that is supposed to fix the clankining when i shift at kiwi speeds. They said the noise is coming from the rear but it sounds like it is coming from right under the stick. So Im driving a giant suburban they put me in. The suburban is nice buy i miss handling of my car. Any known problems out there like my description?
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
My clutch pedal has stuck a few times and it was still making a noise when i shifted despite them putting an additive in when i took it in before. So they kept it overnight two days ago to get a clutch pedal overnighted and they are now keeping it to get some bolts overnighted and that is supposed to fix the clankining when i shift at kiwi speeds. They said the noise is coming from the rear but it sounds like it is coming from right under the stick. So Im driving a giant suburban they put me in. The suburban is nice buy i miss handling of my car. Any known problems out there like my description?
You are definitely taking the right steps by having your local dealership diagnose it. Please let us know how service goes and feel free to keep me updated. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
My dealer is replacing the clutch pedal assembly in mine too. Its supposed to fix the stuck pedal issues but I haven't heard of anyone else getting this done.

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
KamaroKid9614

Drives: 98 Camaro V6 White
Did you take it to the dealership...and then post what they say....
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Let us know final results.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
There are several TSBs on the clutch pedal issue. This forum has a ton of info about it.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
aron77

Well I got my car back but it isn't fixed. They replaced the clutch pedal and it has a much looser feel to it like at first it felt like there was no tension at all which made me wonder if there was even a clutch there but it is ok, just different. The other issue is still unresolved and I'm annoyed at gm and how little they care. I'm not entirely sure what they are replacing but to me the sound seems to be coming from right under the stick like a clanking when I put it in the lower gears, and you can hear it really loud outside of the car, but they said they are fixing something in the rear. The guy said they had to have some bolts overnighted and later said gasket, maybe both idk, which is supposed to fix it but gm refuses to overnight it cuz they don't care how much I am put out. The dealer, mccarthy chevy in olathe ks, has been very accomodating and is kind of annoyed that gm won't overnight the part too. I was without my car, tho in a rental supplied by the dealer, from wed to fri but since gm doesn't give a crap and refused to overnight the part while they had my car for three days I have to wait til it ships and then be put out again. They are putting me in a car when it arrives but, just like last time, I have to be at work at 6am and the dealer opens at 7am so I have to leave my job at 7 and then spend at least a half hour away from work to get his dropped off. One would think that someone at gm would say oh we have had this guys car for 3 days and it isn't fixed wow lets take care of our customer and get his part to him asap but I'm sure they didn't think about me or customer service at all and were just pissed that they had to pay for a rental and weren't going to pay for expidited shipping. It is really disheartening how little they care so look for my next post about things I hate about gm.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 05-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
bigbob11

Drives: 2012 2SS
Totally unacceptable
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Welcome to the world of the v6 manual transmisson.... Visit http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76 and http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91813 to start..
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
2012-2SS

So is the clutch pedal still sticking?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-2SS View Post
So is the clutch pedal still sticking?
No the pedal is fine thusfar, it just felt really loose at first. I brought it in for two problems, the clutch and a clanking noise when I shifted and the latter is still broken.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
2012-2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
No the pedal is fine thusfar, it just felt really loose at first. I brought it in for two problems, the clutch and a clanking noise when I shifted and the latter is still broken.
I thought every car clanks Mine does....

Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
is the sound somewhat like a metal chattering sound?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
my clutch chatters really bad slowing down to pull in a parking stall while pushing the clutch in. is that normal?
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote