Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Bingo. That is exactly where I am. I have not seen Camaro in person yet....but from the pics I love the exterior...but lukewarm on the interior. I sat in the Chally and love the interior...very plain but functional and roomy. I am 6'3" and 215. I too have preferred Chevy over Dodge in my lifetime, but I have never owned a Dodge product. I too love the Tor/Red Chally...especially the RT Classic just now coming out. Styling wise the Chally does it for me....but this Chevy may trump it.

I could get a loaded RT for about 30K....but a loaded SS will likely run upper 30's. Not to mention Dodge has 0% interest for up to 60 months...and GM will likely not have any financing on the Camaro for a year or two.

Damn the waiting truly sucks.
I remember reading that all available financing plans will apply to the Camaro, so financing it should'nt be a big problem. I'm sure you can get a better deal on a Challenger RT though since it has been out a little while. Personally I think the Challenger is a very nice car, but the Camaro just looks meaner to me-and there will be a noticeable difference in performance. I don't think you will regret it either way, both are great cars.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
I had to make the same decisions as the OP. I own a Torred Daytona Charger 06 with a few mods :-). When the Chally first came out I was all over it thinking I was going to pick one up. Then I went and test drove one. Well I was less than impressed. The performance ....well lets just say it was lacking. So after I took the car back I went directly to the Chevy dealer and ordered the Camaro. NOT the smartest thing I did but close. I know yall are wondering what the smartest thing was? Well that was marrying my wife because not only did she approve of me getting the Camaro but SHE IS BUYING IT FOR ME TOO!!! WHAWHOO!!

Bottom line is that Chally is a nice looking car but doesnt handle all that well. The Camaro is a great looking car and promises to handle like its on rails.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
I had to make the same decisions as the OP. I own a Torred Daytona Charger 06 with a few mods :-). When the Chally first came out I was all over it thinking I was going to pick one up. Then I went and test drove one. Well I was less than impressed. The performance ....well lets just say it was lacking. So after I took the car back I went directly to the Chevy dealer and ordered the Camaro. NOT the smartest thing I did but close. I know yall are wondering what the smartest thing was? Well that was marrying my wife because not only did she approve of me getting the Camaro but SHE IS BUYING IT FOR ME TOO!!! WHAWHOO!!

Bottom line is that Chally is a nice looking car but doesnt handle all that well. The Camaro is a great looking car and promises to handle like its on rails.
Wow, you have a pretty awesome wife. Think you made the right choices all the way around.

Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Its great to know so many future camaro owners are gonna be road course racing their cars. Cant wait to watch you guys. Which class you guys running?
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #19
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
I watched the Chally from concept ... thought for sure I'd have one when & if they came out. But when they actually did, I was a little dis-appointed. Definitely a cool car but Ma-Mopar is really trying to ride the Hemi legend a bit too far IMO. I like the car from 100 feet but up close, its just too flat onthe sides for my taste. I thinkthey did a great job with the grille, tailights & hood but the rest of the body ... well ... it just doesnt do it for me. I do like the interior layout better though and the gauge cluster is far superior than the Camaro's (IMO) but thats not enough to sell me.

Then there's performance ... The 5.7 is a joke IMO and the 6.1 aint much better. I have had a few 6.1s on my chassis dyno and they usually come in right around 305-310 where as the LS3 Vettes put down a solid 350-360 everytime. Hmph! rated the same (or similar) yet very different results. Not to mention, the GM PCM and LS engine base is just so aftermarket friendly! The Dodge has a following but nothing like the GM stuff.

I saw the concept Camaro the first time it saw daylight. At first glance, I thought it was a different version of the XLR Caddy. I wasnt real keen on it at all. But here I am now ... a Dodge guy all my life (still have my 69 R/T Charger bought twenty somethin years ago ...) with a 2010 Camaro on order and pacing the floor wearing out a pair of shoes weekly waiting for it. LOL.

I think I'm a bit jaded by the cars of the late 60s & early 70s though ... I mean with the choices we had back then compared to the pkg A,B or C ... what will it be? we have now, it just isnt the same. I would have loved to have been able to go down the check list like they did back then. I look at the options sheet we have and everything is either std or not available inthat pkg. We are at a time in history where people seem to want to express themselves and thier individuality more than ever and yet Detroit limits us more & more as time passes. I guess thats why the aftermarket is booming.
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #20
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
I watched the Chally from concept ... thought for sure I'd have one when & if they came out. But when they actually did, I was a little dis-appointed. Definitely a cool car but Ma-Mopar is really trying to ride the Hemi legend a bit too far IMO. I like the car from 100 feet but up close, its just too flat onthe sides for my taste. I thinkthey did a great job with the grille, tailights & hood but the rest of the body ... well ... it just doesnt do it for me. I do like the interior layout better though and the gauge cluster is far superior than the Camaro's (IMO) but thats not enough to sell me.

Then there's performance ... The 5.7 is a joke IMO and the 6.1 aint much better. I have had a few 6.1s on my chassis dyno and they usually come in right around 305-310 where as the LS3 Vettes put down a solid 350-360 everytime. Hmph! rated the same (or similar) yet very different results. Not to mention, the GM PCM and LS engine base is just so aftermarket friendly! The Dodge has a following but nothing like the GM stuff.

I saw the concept Camaro the first time it saw daylight. At first glance, I thought it was a different version of the XLR Caddy. I wasnt real keen on it at all. But here I am now ... a Dodge guy all my life (still have my 69 R/T Charger bought twenty somethin years ago ...) with a 2010 Camaro on order and pacing the floor wearing out a pair of shoes weekly waiting for it. LOL.

I think I'm a bit jaded by the cars of the late 60s & early 70s though ... I mean with the choices we had back then compared to the pkg A,B or C ... what will it be? we have now, it just isnt the same. I would have loved to have been able to go down the check list like they did back then. I look at the options sheet we have and everything is either std or not available inthat pkg. We are at a time in history where people seem to want to express themselves and thier individuality more than ever and yet Detroit limits us more & more as time passes. I guess thats why the aftermarket is booming.
But at the same time that is what lets us express ourselves even more because most people think that factory options and a set of aftermarket wheels make a vehicle custom. That way when you do something that is really custom it makes your ride that much better. Bolt-ons are for begginers!!!
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There is nothing the Challenger can do that the Camaro can't do better, while looking better (imo), and at a lower price to boot.

All you need is a little patience for it to finally roll onto dealer lots.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #22
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I bet the CAMARO can make turn one at Road America!

CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS

Man, I love that pic! Call me sick, but I am also looking forward to seeing the first pic of a wrecked Camaro. It will probably be one of those guys who 'Doesn't like ABS or stability control cause I don't need electronic nannies"
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Lmao when I saw that I stood up and said "ALREADY?!"

They're both Boats, I'm kidding...but the Challenger RT and the SRT are some big mother shut yo' mouth's.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #25
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
I discovered today that the challenger is only 69lbs less than the Charger SXT and only 3inches shorter. Holy crap thats heavy and long.
VictoryRed08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #26
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Hate to say it but IMHO the chally's design is nothing short of lack lustre! I find it boring and unfinished lines to say the least. And I'm a die hard Dodge fan!!!!!!

Camaro 2010 all the way!! No brainer!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #27
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Holy crap thats heavy and long.
That's what she said

ok seriously though, ask this question on a camaro forum and what sort of responses are we expecting.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRed08 View Post
I discovered today that the challenger is only 69lbs less than the Charger SXT and only 3inches shorter. Holy crap thats heavy and long.
I have to agree ... when I saw the weight come in around 4200 lbs and the price tag over $45K for something comparable to my $33K sticker ... well ... I guess those are just two MORE reasons I have a Camaro on order and not a Challenger in the garage. I mean heck, 400 lbs lighter ... thats 1/2 a tenth right there. LOL.

Last edited by Codefive; 02-10-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: still learning to spell .lol.
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote