Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #505
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Thanks for those Mash, like I've said before, you do great work...like Tag, I think I like the dual stripe thing better....

The White one isn't quite what I was envisioning when I suggested it....I was thinking darker blue and purple, maybe more blue than purple....

Whatever...thanks for making and posting those...keep up the good work.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #506
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm wondering...where are you getting the flames for that...just a random google search for 'fire', or something?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #507
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
There are several places the offer realistic flame paint jobs, a trend started by Mike LaValley (spelling?). He's up in Canada or Alaska, but he hand air-brushes the whole flame with just a freestyle curve board. I'm sure you can find several pictures of work he's done, and maybe find a picture of just the fire itself.

Googling for "fire" in google images might work as well.

Here's a link to one of the hotrods painted by Mike LaValley.

http://www.adata.com/~aod/flame_job/42317.jpg
http://www.adata.com/~aod/flame_job/42318.jpg
http://www.adata.com/~aod/flame_job/42319.jpg

and I just found Mike's site (It's Mike Lavallee).
www.killerpaint.com
Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #508
mash40
Photoshop Guy

Drives: Truck
Thanks Silverado. Sorry about the purple flames. I don't create them myself.
I pull things from Mike L's site (killerpaint.com) and adapt it for what I need to do. The purple was done from regular orange yellow flames with a different
blending option used in Photoshop. TAG, I think I can do your request, but it will take some time. Dragon, check out Mike's site. He's got alot of pics there.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #509
mash40
Photoshop Guy

Dragon, if you got to Mike L's site or do a search, he calls what he does
"True Fire". Hope that helps.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #510
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash40 View Post
Thanks Silverado. Sorry about the purple flames. I don't create them myself.
I pull things from Mike L's site (killerpaint.com) and adapt it for what I need to do. The purple was done from regular orange yellow flames with a different
blending option used in Photoshop. TAG, I think I can do your request, but it will take some time. Dragon, check out Mike's site. He's got alot of pics there.
I try not to do requests unless it is something I realllly want to see or think might look good. If it is going to be too time consuming, don't worry about it. I know you have other things to do besides PS on the site. Seriously, it's all good by me and I wouldn't mind a bit. If you can, it would be great. If not, again, all good.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #511
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Mash

No worries...

Believe me, I wasn't complaining, more commenting or explaining what I was thinking.

You've been doing great work, and considering you're not getting paid for it (you aren't right...I mean, GM hasn't contracted with you just to get all of us riled up about paint schemes right....LOL), you are putting in an awful lot of time....

Keep up the fantastic work...you and all the other Photoshoppers....I know I can't do it...so I will just have to sit back and admire.

Thanks again for doing those two.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #512
mash40
Photoshop Guy

TAG, this is just an experiment. I know your request was different.
I just took what I already had and tried to tailor it to what you
want. It's not the finished project, but tell me what you think anyway. I may have to go a different route. I might have something tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #513
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Crap, Mash! I forgot to respond to this! I saw the post and then my internet went down yesterday (along w/ my digital phone...gotta love time warner).

Anyway, yeah...not exactly what I was looking for (with the split stripes to the back deck lid, etc.) But, I do like those flames if I were going for a type of ghost flame. The main thing is that the front of the Camaro would have to be just about solid black (on the front clip) and have it fade throught the shades of black flames back to pewter. Again, if it's going to take too much time or be too difficult, don't bother. I appreciate everything you have done along w/ everyone else here on the site. I'd chop all day long if I had someone to teach me how to do this stuff. You have put out some seriously cool chopped photos and have some great skills. You have good chops too, Dragon...I didn't forget.:p

NOW...for another challenge. Who thinks they can change the front end of the concept to something like this....with the metal/chrome/stainless inserts shown here incorporated into the concept? And, if anyone needs a special picture to use....

Don't forget the hideaways!
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #514
Mr. Wyndham

Thats a gorgeous first gen!!!! :eek:
Old 07-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #515
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Mash, were you doing a black concept w/ blue flames? Or, were you doing purple flames. I've got someone asking about the black/blue flames and if a chop could be done w/ the blue flames across the front of the hood over a black concept. If you, Dragon, Zyreal, EllwynX, or anyone else could do it, it would be appreciated. Thanks to all.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #516
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
Hey Mash40,... I have a request. Take the last photo you chopped for Tag, but put in blue stripes instead. And not the overwhelming in your face blue, but something that could be an actually color combo. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #517
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Mash, were you doing a black concept w/ blue flames? Or, were you doing purple flames. I've got someone asking about the black/blue flames and if a chop could be done w/ the blue flames across the front of the hood over a black concept. If you, Dragon, Zyreal, EllwynX, or anyone else could do it, it would be appreciated. Thanks to all.
My skills aren't that high. LOL Hopefully one of the others can help out.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #518
Mr. Wyndham

I'll 'look' into it...take a little wieght off Mash's shoulders...

A black Concept with blue flames spread out across the hood? Is that what I'm hearing?

Closed Thread