Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
NAIAS show coverage, Camaro is DEAD

Did anyone notice that all the show coverage on line and even NBC car show feature on TV Sunday, latest Auto Week, almost all show coverage anywhere you look, favorite cars at NAIAS, NO mention of the CAMARO!!!!!!!!!
probabily like every other good GM car, get it right and CANCEL it.
No other cars being built on the platform, too expensive to build if you are the only car, besides the G8 on that platform.
With the government bailout, they are only going to push economy cars and the Volt, NO COVERAGE OF THE CAMARO.
Probably cheaper to just scrap the car and production line than build it, GM will run out of money at the end of March anyway, we can just but Aveo's.
did you notice that the company that did not take government money showed the 2010 mustang and GT500?
THE CAMARO IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Or, you know, the Camaro was unveiled a long time ago and the NAIAS had no shortage of absolutely amazing new production and concept cars. That could be a possibility too...

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
Old 01-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Thats no surprise. Most of the media thinks we all should be driving electric cars or riding buses. NBC sucks anyway, who cares what they think!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
like the redesigned Equinox???????????
the Volt????????????
nothing new there.
Camaro, unwanted performance in a bailout.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
NBC.....unwanted bias opinions.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Hi Nancy. You really shouldn't make assumptions, because we all know what happens when you assume. Plus, unless you have proof that the project is scrapped, I would suggest you refrain from making doom and gloom thread titles. You're one of the reasons that Fbodfather needs to browse message boards. In fact I'm putting a suggestion into forum.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Man people are excitable tonight.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Yeah, they have done so many things on the camaro that they think it is unnecessary to do another.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
trolling trolling
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
Did anyone notice that all the show coverage on line and even NBC car show feature on TV Sunday, latest Auto Week, almost all show coverage anywhere you look, favorite cars at NAIAS, NO mention of the CAMARO!!!!!!!!!
No other cars being built on the platform, too expensive to build if you are the only car, besides the G8 on that platform.
With the government bailout, they are only going to push economy cars and the Volt, NO COVERAGE OF THE CAMARO.
Probably cheaper to just scrap the car and production line than build it, GM will run out of money at the end of March anyway, we can just but Aveo's.
did you notice that the company that did not take government money showed the 2010 mustang and GT500?
Not to be picky or anything, but the reason Ford didn't take any money from the Governmen YET, was that quite some time ago they mortgaged everything including the Blue Oval (and the kitchen sink) when credit was actually available. Just sayin'

Oh and it wasn't TAKE money it was more like borrow. Repayment due in 2011 if I am not mistaken.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The Sky is Falling!?!?

First off -- marketing:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2008...810270316/1018

Quote:
Will next year's marketing budget be big enough to support all your brands and nameplates properly?

Mark LaNeve: I feel comfortable that we are going to have enough resources to more than adequately attack the marketplace and work on achieving our sales and revenue targets.

We prioritize the launches. The key launches are the Chevrolet Traverse, Camaro and Equinox.
So...don't 'worry' about that.

Second; in no world would it be cheaper to scrap the vehicle influencing a brand new plant, brand new market competitor (Chevy's been out of the Sporty coupe market for 7 years), and this year's hot-seller/Halo-car for Chevy and GM.

Third, there's no evidence that suggests the media coverage has been government-influenced. And I'd almost guarantee Camaro coverage has not been influenced by the loans. It's just a fact that the Camaro has had one of the brightest limelights for over 2 years now, it had to dim sometime. And there's just really that GREAT of cars out there this year. If you pay close attention, the cars that got some of the best reviews were: DETROIT's. That's HUGE when we talk about the 'media'.

Also -- I wouldn't worry about media coverage as much as I would about buyer reaction. I challenge you to ask anybody who went to NAIAS how long the lines were to sit in the Camaro, and how long the lines were for other cars... People are LOVING the Camaro. Never fear.

Once the car actually launches, you'll see increased media coverage once again, I think. It really is a winner.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Oh good, Dragon got here before I did.

whew. I was worriedd they shut down camaro5 also...

(inside joke)
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post

Well I'll be........

Soooooooooo..........................perhaps you've been in some 'top secret' meeting that none of us on the Camaro team were privy to?

My intent is not to be caustic here -- but you're wrong.

You are correct in that NBC did not cover the Camaro - there's a reason for that...it isn't 'brand new' ....meaning that it wasn't unveiled at NAIAS this year -- (that would have been NAIAS 2006 and 2007 when we showed the Concept coupe and convertible....)

And -- for what it's worth -- we did have three Camaros at NAIAS -- and the Camaro display was packed with people from show open to show close.

The Sky is not falling........we are not cancelling the Camaro..........

(......and DON"T MAKE me come up Route 8 or Route 68 to Butler (from Mars) the next time I'm home visiting family...!!!!)

Old 01-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Thats no surprise. Most of the media thinks we all should be driving electric cars or riding buses. NBC sucks anyway, who cares what they think!
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Closed Thread