Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
CamaroBAMF28

Drives: Black 2LT RS
Lemon law/opinion

Ok so i need your guys' help. i have been having problems with my trans for a while now... i took it to my dealer the first time i brought it they cudnt figure out what was wrong with it.... second time i brought it back they figured out what was wrong with it. they then kept it for FIVE weeks bcuz they said they couldnt get the parts and there was a problem with the parts..... now, i got it back not too long ago and its still doing the same thing except its doing it in reverse now..... how do you guys feel about declaring it a Lemon???
Old 08-01-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBAMF28 View Post
Ok so i need your guys' help. i have been having problems with my trans for a while now... i took it to my dealer the first time i brought it they cudnt figure out what was wrong with it.... second time i brought it back they figured out what was wrong with it. they then kept it for FIVE weeks bcuz they said they couldnt get the parts and there was a problem with the parts..... now, i got it back not too long ago and its still doing the same thing except its doing it in reverse now..... how do you guys feel about declaring it a Lemon???
I would do it. Most states say after 30 days in the shop you qualify if within in first year. Plus they have tried three times so you qualify twice for it. I'm on day 21. Car has been waiting that long for a pressure plate. Here is the post I started that has a lot of peoples opinions.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97299
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 AM   #3
winston2ss
YDLYLB

Drives: Cgm 2ssrs
What is it doing?
winston2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2ss View Post
What is it doing?
I agree. What problem is it having?

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
I would do it. Most states say after 30 days in the shop you qualify if within in first year. Plus they have tried three times so you qualify twice for it. I'm on day 21. Car has been waiting that long for a pressure plate. Here is the post I started that has a lot of peoples opinions.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97299
Actually it varies by state.

Most states do not count the time waiting for back ordered parts as part of the time limit, only the days that work was actually done. Also since there was no work done the first time, we can't be certain if that time will count.

Before proceeding to do anything, consultant a lawyer. Most will not charge you to answer a few questions.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
CamaroBAMF28

Drives: Black 2LT RS
i see i see.... do you think they will let me upgrade?..... bcuz i got my 2LT for $32,592 and i can get an SS for that much so do you think they will let me do that?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
i see i see.... do you think they will let me upgrade?..... bcuz i got my 2LT for $32,592 and i can get an SS for that much so do you think they will let me do that?
You would pay the price difference.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I went through lemon law on my 2010....won my case and currently have a 2011. Also, this section of the law is applicable in all 50 states: If the total number of days your vehicle is out of service is equal to or exceeds 30 days you are able to file lemon law. Email the better business bureau and open up a claim. They will take care of you
Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
Wicamaro

Drives: Black 1LT
The website below seems to have some good links to the relevant statutes and some consumer information explaining a state's lemon law: http://www.123car.com/lemon/lemonbystate.html. It really does depend on the law of a particular state.

Good luck.
Wicamaro is offline   Reply With Quote