Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #57
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Synergy green is gorgeous. After seeing it person, I can assure you that my ZL1 will be that color if available.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #58
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Will definately get a Sybergy ZL1 if there isn't another blue.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #59
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I don't see why this is a big deal. They yanked a painted body off the production line, dropped in the ZL-1 parts and drove it around.

Doesn't mean there are gonna be Synergy Green ZL-1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #60
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I wouldn't necessarily take the spy pics as a "set in stone" indication. If anyone recalls, there were pics of a pair of sc camaro testers, in which one of them was in ABM (which is now a defunct color).

By the time the ZL1 hits the showrooms there may be many changes that we could see.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #61
tdotpiggaz

Drives: a pair of shoes....
i like what they did here, as they obviously changed the body shape

- the roof design is more "more aerodymanics"
- around the exhaust pipe, you may notice "more definition" on the bumper
- I HOPE THAT THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE FRONT FASCIA BACK TO A CAMARO SS (looked bad a$$ before)
- black rims are wild lol

to GM: PLEASE have that brake-cooling vent, as shown in Jay Leno's car and the Transformer 3's Bumblebee
tdotpiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #62
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Well....they said they weren't finished testing it, yet...and there it is!

Looks so good...even when you can't see it for the camoflauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotpiggaz View Post
i like what they did here, as they obviously changed the body shape

- the roof design is more "more aerodymanics"
- around the exhaust pipe, you may notice "more definition" on the bumper
- I HOPE THAT THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE FRONT FASCIA BACK TO A CAMARO SS (looked bad a$$ before)
- black rims are wild lol

to GM: PLEASE have that brake-cooling vent, as shown in Jay Leno's car and the Transformer 3's Bumblebee
Relax....this is an engineering test car ONLY. We can't guess anything about its design. The show car a month ago is very close to production-design.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #63
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
SO why the CAMO now if ZL1, since they already unvieled it?
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #64
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
SO why the CAMO now if ZL1, since they already unvieled it?
Probably just corporate rules...Remember Lutz had to officially order the camo off of the SS/LT test mules.

And, when the car stops...I'm sure it helps prevent the competition's photographers from taking detailed photos of the car...maybe?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #65
alexcfwu

Drives: 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Probably just corporate rules...Remember Lutz had to officially order the camo off of the SS/LT test mules.

And, when the car stops...I'm sure it helps prevent the competition's photographers from taking detailed photos of the car...maybe?
Competition... what competition? There's nothing like a Camaro out there... no way... The only competition is the big clunky Caddy.... Wait, that's still GM.

Now, back to the serious topic. I just hope that we can see more video with the vicious engine sound from the Chicago Auto show on the track accompanies by the screeching tire sound.
alexcfwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #66
Autobots
Roll out!

Drives: 2010 ss/rs ls3
Looks like gm just might be keeping an eye to what we have to say or think about things? as it could also just be a zl1 or an old test mule that they just now are taking out and about.

I do see a v6 bumper but I dont knoe how many times Iv seen post on ppl saying that they dont like the mail slot, so maybe this is there way to an easy fix?

also the rims are black, as we can make them what color we want after we get it someone took the extra time to make them black, the first day the zl1 pics came out people where ps pics to make the rims black and thet got love, And most post love the ssx rims that are also black.

But I think the test mules that we have seen are the ones that did the testing for the zl1. And I would think we would have already seen this one had it been a zl1 test car so that dose make me think it might be something else (v6 turbo or z) time can only tell

As to the color of the car, I dont think they really care what color car they make a test car out just one that is there for the taking or had something wrong with it that they could not ship to someone due to bad tests,

I think they wrap the cars like that so we knoe its not done and there still working on it so ppl dont say hey why didnt you this or that...also makes car mags take pics and ppl like us think there up to somthing kinda like a free add lol cuz we know had it not had that wrap on it no one would take a pic or even think anything about it. just someone elses car.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #67
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
There a alot of us that don't care for the Synergy Green . I don't want it representative of the nice Camaro ZL1 that is coming out. Chevy...please pick another color....better yet pick a new color!

I don't like green pea soup either!
There's a lot of us who appreciate more than just plain Onyx Black, as well. Everything I've had has been Onyx Black or Summit White... Until Karmit. I'd settle for ABM as well.

I'll take a loaded Synergy Green ZL1, please!

On a related note, I've considered respraying my 2004 Onyx Black GMC Canyon Z71 Crew as Synergy Green Metallic - full paint job, removing each body element (And getting cabin as good as can be), so that she's ready for the SuperMeet in 2012. Blacky would be renamed Truckmit. No, I'm not kidding, either. The factory paint application on the truck is less than optimal.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #68
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
I'm hoping that they'll have a couple of unique colors that will only be available to the ZL1 model. As far as what I would personally choose that would depend on the colors available to pick from. But we have plenty of time to figure out the color's we want, since its not starting production untill next year.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #69
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Green Sr.???

Yes please...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #70
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
That is the ZL1.
Its got the ZL1 Hood, spoiler, side skirts, rear diffuser, wheels, brakes.

Only thing that is different apart from the v6 fasica, is the fact that its sitting lower then the ZL1 that was unveiled.
Definitly a ZL1.
Only info I confirmed from here is my thoughts on having the side trim painted body colour and the rims painted black
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote