Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #155
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Got the billet aluminum pedal covers installed. They look nice and work well. They grip so well I may take a bit of sandpaper and smooth down the very top surface so they don't chew up the bottom of my shoes.

Name:  IMG_0585.JPG
Views: 2790
Size:  287.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #156
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm getting nervous though...I'm almost out of mods to do! What will I do next?? LOL
You will sit back with a glass of iced tea and breathe a sigh of contented happiness that the Angel is done. Then you'll go enjoy it.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #157
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
You will sit back with a glass of iced tea and breathe a sigh of contented happiness that the Angel is done. Then you'll go enjoy it.
Pretty darned close girl...pretty darned close. (I'll probably find myself still scouring the internet from time to time looking for possible upgrades though..hehe).

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #158
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
man, i wish you could've been at our Vettes & Jets show here on base a couple weeks ago... the Naval Aviation Museum set up one of the old Angel F18s for us out back :(

Name:  10.VDSC01505 (24).JPG
Views: 3028
Size:  46.3 KB
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #159
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
man, i wish you could've been at our Vettes & Jets show here on base a couple weeks ago... the Naval Aviation Museum set up one of the old Angel F18s for us out back :(

Attachment 235381
Oh man I would LOVE to be that close to one of the Angel planes! And to have my car next to one for photos?? Wow that would be too cool.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #160
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
They would probably take you on some kind of tour (maybe even in the plane! maybe even FLYING in the plane!) if they saw your car!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #161
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
They would probably take you on some kind of tour (maybe even in the plane! maybe even FLYING in the plane!) if they saw your car!

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #162
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Haha that would be awesome. . And I'd let them drive my car. That would be some great pics to have of the team in and around my car.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #163
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Oh man I would LOVE to be that close to one of the Angel planes! And to have my car next to one for photos?? Wow that would be too cool.
there's another one in front of the O-club with tail #1. it looks more like a permanent static display (because it is), but could still make some nice pics. if you're ever in pensacola, hit me up (at least within the next year, anyway)

Quote:
Haha that would be awesome. . And I'd let them drive my car. That would be some great pics to have of the team in and around my car.
they do give incentive rides to special people...
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #164
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
I'm getting nervous though...I'm almost out of mods to do! What will I do next?? LOL
I will be taking the same kind of route (though may end up forced induction anyway).

One thing on my list that I haven't seen on yours is an electric water pump. (Link below)... Just be careful with your lower capacity battery the amperage draw may be too much.

The way I see it the less drag on the engine the more power to the wheels!

Meziere Camaro LS3/L99 Electric Water Pump

It was a pleasure to see your ride and meet you (however briefly) at camarofest2.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #165
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
I will be taking the same kind of route (though may end up forced induction anyway).

One thing on my list that I haven't seen on yours is an electric water pump. (Link below)... Just be careful with your lower capacity battery the amperage draw may be too much.

The way I see it the less drag on the engine the more power to the wheels!

Meziere Camaro LS3/L99 Electric Water Pump

It was a pleasure to see your ride and meet you (however briefly) at camarofest2.
I already have the Meziere pump on my "to do" list but if Eric can truly tune it to 480 rwhp, I don't know how much of a difference I'd actually feel with the electric water pump. I'm still thinking about it though along with a few other possible goodies.

At this point the car is so good I really just want to start running track events....spend my money on tires and brake pads cause I'm out having fun. It was a pleasure meeting you too.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #166
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Just a follow-up on previous issues. As some of you know, I had a problem at C5FII with the CF driveshaft which Frank at DSS has been first-class helping get sorted out. He sent a replacement aluminum shaft for me to use in the meantime so I weighed it and had it dynoed for comparison.

Here's the weight of the CF shaft without the endplates or bolts.
Name:  CF.JPG
Views: 4855
Size:  283.6 KB

Here's the weight of the aluminum shaft without the endplates or bolts.
Name:  Alum.JPG
Views: 4776
Size:  243.1 KB

As you can see the CF shaft is only 2 lbs lighter. I'm working with Frank on some ideas to reduce some more weight on the CF shaft. Hopefully they'll work and we can pull another few pounds off.

Functionally I can't tell any difference between the two; the aluminum is just as quiet as the CF. Putting it on the dyno there was only a 4 hp difference compared to the CF which, considering this dyno run is almost a month after the previous one with the CF shaft, the results are certainly within the margin of normal variance so basically the aluminum shaft is performing the same as the CF. This means it's the improved efficiency of the 1-piece versus the factory 2-piece that's making the difference. The 2 lbs less weight on the CF shaft doesn't appear to make any appreciable difference. If we can remove another 3-6 lbs though, that may change things. Right now I'd recommend anyone considering one of these shafts to go with the aluminum one; it's $500 cheaper than the CF shaft and is definitely worthwhile.

Here's the dyno with the aluminum shaft.
Name:  Dyno2 5-6-2011.jpg
Views: 4801
Size:  262.5 KB

The other thing that's apparent is the gains shown in the previous dyno are for real. The Bassani LT headers with high-flow cats and a tune really do make the power. This car just flat-out gets up and moves when you push the pedal.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #167
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Nice looking ride, I love the two colors you went with.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #168
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
great build and journal, your car is definitely one to be admired . Thanks for all the detailed info and description, very helpful

Tags
camaro of the week