Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #43
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
Today marks day 16 that my car has been away from me. Had shift actuator and slave cylinder seal replaced. Guess the car still isn't "just right" so it has been waiting ten days so far for a new pressure plate. In Ohio if the car is in the shop for 30 days within the first year or 18k miles whichever comes first, that falls under lemon laws and car should be replaced. What do you guys think? If the car is fixed on day 30 or 31 should I fight for a new car or keep mine? It has almost 15k miles on it. I also have a new exhaust and intake so not sure what problems that would cause. I'm not thinking warranty issues just the fact that if I do get a new car that I would think I would have to my parts off the old one. Some people have told me that gm will fight me and it will be a long drawn out court case. What do you guys think?
Good grief...American society has gone to hell mired in a soup of litigation and immorality. GM and the dealership are doing their part in honoring the warranty and you're scheming about how to squeeze a new car out of them. What about honor, integrity, and doing what's right?

I've got to ask, do you vote democrat?
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #44
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
Good grief...American society has gone to hell mired in a soup of litigation and immorality. GM and the dealership are doing their part in honoring the warranty and you're scheming about how to squeeze a new car out of them. What about honor, integrity, and doing what's right?

I've got to ask, do you vote democrat?
Wow out of everyone that replied you're the only one that has to be a d*ck. No one is Trying to scam GM. If following a law gets me my camaro faster than waiting on a part from another country then hell yes I want a new car. And no as I sit here in my uniform with a knife and 9mil strapped to me I do not vote democrat. I guess from that statement I would not fit that profile (there are excetions). A person usually knows a person before pointing fingers or making accusations...but I guess you're that guy. and one more thing!,,sir you better know who you're talking to before you start questioning integrity and honor...for you have no idea.
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #45
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Lemons are sour anyway...
Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #46
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
Wow out of everyone that replied you're the only one that has to be a d*ck. No one is Trying to scam GM. If following a law gets me my camaro faster than waiting on a part from another country then hell yes I want a new car. And no as I sit here in my uniform with a knife and 9mil strapped to me I do not vote democrat. I guess from that statement I would not fit that profile (there are excetions). A person usually knows a person before pointing fingers or making accusations...but I guess you're that guy. and one more thing!,,sir you better know who you're talking to before you start questioning integrity and honor...for you have no idea.
Damn strait, get him coach! Some people think they are so smart that they know you more than you know you lol. Thank You for your service, and i hope your problems are resolved soon.

PS: I don't vote Democrat either. =P
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #47
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
My wife Was a paralegal at a lemon law firm for eight years. Every state is diffrent but the longer your car is out of service the better your case is. You might not get a buy back but you could get money for your problem.
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #48
Vaderzer0
Wish it, Want it, Do it.

Drives: 96 Dodge Ram 5.9
this thread is old.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #49
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
Yeah I just noticed that. What the @$&?
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #50
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
It bothers to buy a new car and have it repaired all the time. Mine has 3400 miles now and it has had 11 things replaced/fixed and now it is back in the dealer to be repaired again because the same problem keeps occurring and even though I love my car because I made it mine by adding things to it and making it mine. If you love your car enough to deal with all the repairs and stuff, go ahead and keep it but if it makes you feel better to get a new one then do that, but don't get your hopes up because to be a lemon it has to be pretty bad.
ny27la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #51
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
my Cobalt SS was in the shop from the middle of May until the end of August last year... I got it back for about 3 hours at one point though... the problem was a bad syncro, but it wasnt grinding, the car would just randomly pop out of 5th gear... they "replaced" the syncro and I got the car back.... about 3 hours later after their "rebuild" and me getting the car back, the entire transmission let go, i'm talking carnage, lol... they took responsibility and told me that they weren't familiar with the transmission because it was a Saab transmission(which it was) and decided to just order a new transmission......which was on back order...

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #52
CWO_Maddog

Drives: 1998 SS (yes, single 3" pipe)
It's not unreasonable for the average person to expect, when making the 2nd largest investment in their life, that the vehicle they just purchased should be available for use. IMHO I believe there is no excuse for such a delay. Customers should come first. It should be a simple matter of pulling a part from the assembly line and shipping it in one day.
CWO_Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #53
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Wow this is old guys. My car ended up having 40 days in the shop..new engine..a lot of new stuff. I did the lemon law thing and got 12k, and warranty reset. They were telling me I could get a new car blablahblah and as problems continued their offer changed. They said I can swap the car or take a cash and warranty reset. So I took the 12k and warranty reset and they fixed everything. So far I have doubled my miles to 37K and have had no problems.

Here's a link to all my problems
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108986
and another when after I thought everything was fixed...my engine blew
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109393
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #54
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Glad you got yours fixed. I ended up selling mine.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote