Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: A moving target!
DynoMax axle back

Anyone have or know anything about this system? I couldn't find too many videos on it, but from what I did see, it looked and sounded pretty good. Jegs has it for $399 and there's a $75 rebate making it $325. Here's a comparison from Jegs' website:

USMCSSGT-RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
USMCSSGT-RET

Alright, after doing a search and reading a little more, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I don't need a huge amount of additional power, but another 15-20hp to go along with my Injen CAI on the way will be good. And the better sound and look doesn't hurt either.

Does anyone have any new info on this system? Everything I saw was a couple months old, just looking for an update.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Don't think I've ever found any videos for this system.

EDIT: After a youtube search I came up with this!

Video is low quality...wish it was a higher quality shot, but sounds good.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
supaman

Drives: CGM w/IOM rally 2LT/RS
I been researching this system for a couple months now. This will be my next mod after rebounding from some unexpected expenses. Build quality good, sound is great and the price is awesome. For some reason it appears that the SS and LT system are exactly the same so I have no idea why they are sold under different listings.

Rumblebee is on the prowl!
supaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
USMCSSGT-RET

I'm very tempted to get this system, especially with it being $325. I do wish I could find a high quality video of it installed though. But I'm pretty sure it'll sound better, I know it'll look better, and from the dyno testing, it'll add to the car's performance. So I guess it's worth it even after only seeing the low quality video.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
supaman

there are some high quality SS vids around. I know there is a definite sound diff between the v8 and us but you can kinda get an idea comparing the stock and dynomax v8s.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I have these mufflers on my V-6 and are very close to what you hear. I really like the sound after having Flowmaster Supper 44's on my car(too much drone for me) I've had them on for a few months now and like the sound alot. I'll try to film a better clip in the near future and post it. I just got mine from JEGS for $99.00 each and ha my muffler guy put them on for me. They are longer than stock. I also put on Flowmaster 4" tips too.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
USMCSSGT-RET

Can you post a link to the $99 mufflers? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
I have these mufflers on my V-6 and are very close to what you hear. I really like the sound after having Flowmaster Supper 44's on my car(too much drone for me) I've had them on for a few months now and like the sound alot. I'll try to film a better clip in the near future and post it. I just got mine from JEGS for $99.00 each and ha my muffler guy put them on for me. They are longer than stock. I also put on Flowmaster 4" tips too.
I like the price as well...just goes to show how much profit the other systems make

The million dollar question is
How much Drone?
do you know
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
I like the price as well...just goes to show how much profit the other systems make

How much Drone?
do you know
Mufflers should never be very expensive on their own. The Magnaflows on my car were only like $78 bucks a piece.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
buddy100

Drives: white with orange strips
Dynamax exhaust

I installed the Dynomax and it fit good but was not as loud as i was hoping not much louder than stock. Also i think the $75 rebate is only on the cat back units. There is a $25 rebate on the axle back. check there website.
buddy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17159/10002/-1

Here you go..These are on my V6
Old 08-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post

How much Drone?
do you know
For me , too much drone is when you don't enjoy driving the car...the DynomaxVT's are closer to stock is true, but I enjoy driving it again over the Super 44's...
Old 08-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
USMCSSGT-RET

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17159/10002/-1

Here you go..These are on my V6
So with these mufflers, you still have to buy/install tips, correct? What tips did you install, how much were they, and how do they connect? I know the system I'm considering has welded on tips pre-attached to the mufflers. I'd buy just mufflers and tips if it's basically the same thing as buying the axle-back system, but cheaper. But the axle-back system seems more convenient since you buy one package and get everything you need.

Also, on the rebate form, the system I linked above is eligible for the $75 rebate, so it would be $325.

The mufflers have their own rebate also of $25 per muffler, so they'd be $150.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #15
USMCSSGT-RET

So I did it!

Bought the system from the original post from Jegs. It was $424 total, free shipping, and it qualifies for the $75 rebate. So about $350 after the rebate. It ships tomorrow, so hopefully I can get it on next weekend, especially since it's an easy install. I'll make sure to post pics.

Joe
Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #16
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
So I did it!

Bought the system from the original post from Jegs. It was $424 total, free shipping, and it qualifies for the $75 rebate. So about $350 after the rebate. It ships tomorrow, so hopefully I can get it on next weekend, especially since it's an easy install. I'll make sure to post pics.

Joe
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
what? 16HP and 21Lb-Ft? is that even possible with just an axleback system? Does it come with a Xpipe? O_o Thats more gain than a Catback system lol.. Can anyone clear that up for me?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
what? 16HP and 21Lb-Ft? is that even possible with just an axleback system? Does it come with a Xpipe? O_o Thats more gain than a Catback system lol.. Can anyone clear that up for me?
If anything, highly doubt those would be peak gains, but more likely gains from a lower RPM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #19
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
hmm, i still never heard of a axle back system gaining so much at the wheels... low or high RPM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #20
supaman

those individual mufflers from Jegs are the VT line of mufflers and not the Ultra Flo that come in the kit. Does anyone know the product # of the Ultra Flo mufflers?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #21
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT Red Rock Coupe
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?...ultraflowelded
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #22
USMCSSGT-RET

Just got it in today. Jegs shipped it out Monday and it went out for delivery yesterday, but since it wasn't scheduled to be here until today and the driver didn't have time, they ended up bringing it today. I'm putting it on myself after work tomorrow at the auto hobby shop on MCRD Parris Island. It looks very nicely done and the tips are huge and have a nice chrome finish on them. Can't wait to get it on! Now I'm just waiting for that Injen CAI to finally ship and I'll be all set.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #23
supaman

Can't wait man. If I didn't have a crazy amount of dental work recently I would have mine on too. waiting patiently for the vids. If I had a nearby shop like that I would surely do it myself but this Texas heat will keep me from doing it in my garage.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
USMCSSGT-RET

I got it on earlier this evening. The install took about 50 minutes start to finish once the car was on the lift. That also includes using a hacksaw to start the cut, then using a sawzall with a wood blade, on both sides! They didn't have a steel blade. I also had a couple guys that work there help me out, and it only cost $3 to do, which is the rental fee per hour for the lift.

As for the sound, man it sounds good! It's nice and deep and has a nice rumble. When I punch it, you can hear it loud and clear. And the tips are a perfect size, IMO. They're much bigger than stock, but not too big, and they fit the factory openings really well. We had flash floods all day, so I'll have to take a video tomorrow, but I'll make sure to post it right after I upload it.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #25
supaman

Can't wait for some pics and/or video. I know i'll have mine in a month or so but I can't wait that long to see it on a LT. Kudos for taking the plunge