Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
2011 BUILDOUT / 2012 STARTUP PRODUCTION

The schedules for 2011 buildout and
2012 startup were just released.

The last 2011's will be built 7/1/11.
The 2012's will start production 7/18/11.

This applies to both the Coupe and Convertible.

The final orders for 2011 along with the first
orders for 2012 will be in the May timeframe.
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Thanks for the info! My 2011 convertible should be worth a ton due to such a short production run........or am I reading too much into this?

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
BRMike

Drives: 2004 Impulse Blue Metallic GTO
Hmm... I think I'm going to wait until May to order the 2012 convertible. I'm assuming there is still no official word on interior upgrades for the 2012 model. I also assume that any price increase would be minimal.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
That's actually really frustrating! I wait out half the production yr to get a convertible, and its outdated within a couple months after delivery. Aggregating
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
SBvert

Drives: 11 SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
That's actually really frustrating! I wait out half the production yr to get a convertible, and its outdated within a couple months after delivery. Aggregating

I would view it as you have the first years run. Hence potantially more valuable long-term. Besides, that's easier to deal with. Here's to 2011's.
SBvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
BRMike

Drives: 2004 Impulse Blue Metallic GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Just think of those poor folks who bought a new 2010 Mustang GT
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
COLD_Cam

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
The schedules for 2011 buildout and
2012 startup were just released.

The last 2011's will be built 7/1/11.
The 2012's will start production 7/18/11.

This applies to both the Coupe and Convertible.

The final orders for 2011 along with the first
orders for 2012 will be in the May timeframe.
Becky,

any idea how many 2011 convertibles will be build?

Thank's
COLD_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Can I order my Z28 in May?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Can I order my Z28 in May?

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #10
ruserious
Beth Anne

Drives: 06 TBSS, 06 Tahoe Z71, 99 BMW Dinan
This is great information. I was just having this discussion w/ my husband last night. Seems like it might be worth waiting to order until May.

01/29/11 - Ordered Black/Black, 2SS/RS, Vert, 6M w/ Hurst, Silver Stripes w/ Quarter Flares
ruserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #11
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 06 Cobalt, 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
Thanks for the info! My 2011 convertible should be worth a ton due to such a short production run........or am I reading too much into this?

any idea how many were made?????
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2011
I've been to 3 dealerships this weekend in search of a 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT RS with manual Transmission... All of them have tried their hardest to convince me that I should compromise on the color, transmission, or trim level... From what they're saying 2011's are no longer in production and there isn't a car within 500 miles that fits my requirements.

Since this will be the first time I purchase a new car ENTIRELY for ME, and it's not cheap, I refuse to compromise.... so I've asked if I could order a 2012... "Maybe in 2 weeks, but you'll have to wait at least 12 weeks for delivery."

Ugh. My frustrations are running high right now because I'm SERIOUSLY ready to finally own a car that I WANT.

So, are they blowing smoke, or is there any truth to what they've been telling me about production / 2012 orders / delivery wait times?

Thanks.
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
s3d83d

Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger R/T
I'm ready to see what the new interior is going to look like. I hope they don't go to crazy. I really hope the new IOM interior will look the same.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
s3d83d

Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
You're going to have a unique vert since they are discontinuing the RJT and the 2011 vert numbers are going to be slim.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #15
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
I've been to 3 dealerships this weekend in search of a 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT RS with manual Transmission... All of them have tried their hardest to convince me that I should compromise on the color, transmission, or trim level... From what they're saying 2011's are no longer in production and there isn't a car within 500 miles that fits my requirements.

Since this will be the first time I purchase a new car ENTIRELY for ME, and it's not cheap, I refuse to compromise.... so I've asked if I could order a 2012... "Maybe in 2 weeks, but you'll have to wait at least 12 weeks for delivery."

Ugh. My frustrations are running high right now because I'm SERIOUSLY ready to finally own a car that I WANT.

So, are they blowing smoke, or is there any truth to what they've been telling me about production / 2012 orders / delivery wait times?

Thanks.
Why limit yourself to 500 miles? It is my understanding that a GM dealer from another state can send you the car you want with "Courtesy delivery" at your local dealer for no charge. Contact the OP, Becky, she might be able to help you.
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by shl4Z28 View Post
Why limit yourself to 500 miles? It is my understanding that a GM dealer from another state can send you the car you want with "Courtesy delivery" at your local dealer for no charge. Contact the OP, Becky, she might be able to help you.
Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet ships cars all over the USA and will "NOT" be undersold.

Also, if your considering getting a ZL1 , should contact Becky ASAP to secure yours.

I secured a ZL1 allocation at Rodgers Chevrolet Open House last week!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Not a bad idea shl4Z28.. thanks thespymaster too... checking the Rodgers Chevy site now.

If I find one I'll probably struggle with the idea of instant gratification, or waiting for the 2012's.. if I wait for the 2012's, I'll have a big enough down payment for a 2SS instead of a 2LT.. but I'm not sure I need the extra HP right now; I'm driving a civic with 127HP, so the V6 is plenty of get up and go for me. (I've never owned a rear wheel drive vehicle before either) ARRRGGGHHHH.. [ brainsplosion ] too many choices to make.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Quote:
Not a bad idea shl4Z28.. thanks thespymaster too... checking the Rodgers Chevy site now.

If I find one I'll probably struggle with the idea of instant gratification, or waiting for the 2012's.. if I wait for the 2012's, I'll have a big enough down payment for a 2SS instead of a 2LT.. but I'm not sure I need the extra HP right now; I'm driving a civic with 127HP, so the V6 is plenty of get up and go for me. (I've never owned a rear wheel drive vehicle before either) ARRRGGGHHHH.. [ brainsplosion ] too many choices to make.
Hang in there, it will happen.

Contact Becky and she can do the search for you. She will have access to the dealer database and be able to locate your desired build for you.

shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Thanks.

I did a search for you based off of zip code 33619. I saw that you reside in Tampa, FL so I just picked the closest dealership that came up when I put in Tampa. The closest one I show is in South Carolina which is about 431 miles away from that zip code. If you want any of the results I found, I would be happy to give them to you via a private message. If you are interested in any of these vehicles, I highly encourage you to speak with those owning dealerships to confirm if they would ship the vehicle to you. It is also possible that the dealership you are working with and the dealership that has the vehicle will be willing to do a dealer trade. The trade and the shipping are entirely up to them but it certainly never hurts to ask.

I show that the build out date is 7/1/11 for the Camaro Coupe and Convertible. The build out date is the last date that the plant is scheduled to produce vehicles, not the last date that an order can be submitted by a dealer. On average, dealers need to have an order submitted approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the build out date. It looks like you would still be able to order a vehicle if your dealership has allocation to do so. However, it is up to the dealership when they stop taking orders for the 2011 model year. The normal production for a vehicle is 6-8 weeks. However, since the Camaro is a very popular vehicle, the production could take anywhere from 8-12 weeks. There are certain factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, shipping delays of parts and/or vehicles, general new MY start-up production delays, etc. I hope this information has helped you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #20
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I did a search for you based off of zip code 33619. I saw that you reside in Tampa, FL so I just picked the closest dealership that came up when I put in Tampa. The closest one I show is in South Carolina which is about 431 miles away from that zip code. If you want any of the results I found, I would be happy to give them to you via a private message. If you are interested in any of these vehicles, I highly encourage you to speak with those owning dealerships to confirm if they would ship the vehicle to you. It is also possible that the dealership you are working with and the dealership that has the vehicle will be willing to do a dealer trade. The trade and the shipping are entirely up to them but it certainly never hurts to ask.

I show that the build out date is 7/1/11 for the Camaro Coupe and Convertible. The build out date is the last date that the plant is scheduled to produce vehicles, not the last date that an order can be submitted by a dealer. On average, dealers need to have an order submitted approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the build out date. It looks like you would still be able to order a vehicle if your dealership has allocation to do so. However, it is up to the dealership when they stop taking orders for the 2011 model year. The normal production for a vehicle is 6-8 weeks. However, since the Camaro is a very popular vehicle, the production could take anywhere from 8-12 weeks. There are certain factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, shipping delays of parts and/or vehicles, general new MY start-up production delays, etc. I hope this information has helped you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thank you so much for the response Elizabeth.

I believe 2 of the 3 dealers I visited last weekend mentioned the South Carolina car, but both wanted me to pay roughly $1000 for shipping. (I think Stingray Chevrolet here in Florida has an Automatic that's VERY close to what I'm looking for.) All three have said that orders could no longer be placed and the 2011's will no longer be in production... clearly this isn't entirely accurate. While I am willing to spend the money on a Camaro, unfortunately, $1000 is still a lot of money to me... Having a wife, son, a house, an ex-wife and constantly having to replenish my lawyers retainer fee so that I may maintain custody of my son makes my budget a bit tight at the moment... the Camaro is an investment in my happiness & sanity... and possibly part of a midlife crisis, but I refuse to accept that.

I believe that I will hang on to the money I've saved, keep my '03 Civic in top-notch condition for a trade-in, and transfer a "car payment" into my Camaro fund each month until 2012's can be ordered. When they arrive, I'll take a look at them and compare them to the 2011's... Hopefully I'll have enough for the 2SS by then.

Thanks again for looking into that for me and providing the information... You're extremely helpful.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #21
SwiftDream
Currently Dreaming

Drives: '08 Grand Prix, '12 ZX6R
I have to say, since just discovering this website a few weeks ago Ive noticed how helpful Becky and the various people Ive seen use the Customer Svc account have been for people. I think its great and makes me feel better about buying a Camaro soon (hopefully).
SwiftDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Glad to hear it SwiftDream. Hopefully you wont need our assistance but just in case, we are here to help you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
Sidekick

Drives: Camaro
Thanks for the info
Sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #24
1968firebird502

Drives: 1968 firebird 502 / 2010 ABM SS
I am new to the board but i have been reading all the posts, they are full of great people and helpful answers but the one i really need help with is...I REALLY want to order a 45th anniversary camaro but I am wondering if anyone would know how long it would take considering all the dealers by me are saying they cant place any orders outside of the standard colors right now. no one has the ability to order one up. Also once it becomes available, could it get help up longer due to paint supply problems? any help would be greatly appreciated or i wont be getting one until after this winter.
1968firebird502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #25
exflirt
Camaro Goddess

Drives: "Lyssa," 2012 45th SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968firebird502 View Post
I am new to the board but i have been reading all the posts, they are full of great people and helpful answers but the one i really need help with is...I REALLY want to order a 45th anniversary camaro but I am wondering if anyone would know how long it would take considering all the dealers by me are saying they cant place any orders outside of the standard colors right now. no one has the ability to order one up. Also once it becomes available, could it get help up longer due to paint supply problems? any help would be greatly appreciated or i wont be getting one until after this winter.

You are a member of a great forum with lots of information. Use the search field. There are no constraints on the 45th. I have an accepted order with an 8.1 TPW.
6.29.2011 - 3000 TPW 8.1
7.19.2011 - 3100
7.20.2011 - 3300
7.28.2011 - 3400
8.4.2011 - 3800 / 4000 / 4150 / 4B00
8.5.2011 - 4B00 / 4200 / 4300
8.6.2011 - 4200
8.13.2011 - 4B00 / 4800
8.14.2011 - 4200 / 5000 - Lyssa's here!!!!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote