Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 27,725
2011 BUILDOUT / 2012 STARTUP PRODUCTION

The schedules for 2011 buildout and
2012 startup were just released.

The last 2011's will be built 7/1/11.
The 2012's will start production 7/18/11.

This applies to both the Coupe and Convertible.

The final orders for 2011 along with the first
orders for 2012 will be in the May timeframe.
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Without Remorse
 
Without Remorse's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 375
Thanks for the info! My 2011 convertible should be worth a ton due to such a short production run........or am I reading too much into this?
__________________
What is the one common thread in all of your failed relationships?

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
BRMike
 
BRMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Impulse Blue Metallic GTO
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 77
Hmm... I think I'm going to wait until May to order the 2012 convertible. I'm assuming there is still no official word on interior upgrades for the 2012 model. I also assume that any price increase would be minimal.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,573
That's actually really frustrating! I wait out half the production yr to get a convertible, and its outdated within a couple months after delivery. Aggregating
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
SBvert
 
Drives: 11 SS/RS Vert
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
That's actually really frustrating! I wait out half the production yr to get a convertible, and its outdated within a couple months after delivery. Aggregating

I would view it as you have the first years run. Hence potantially more valuable long-term. Besides, that's easier to deal with. Here's to 2011's.
SBvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
BRMike
 
BRMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Impulse Blue Metallic GTO
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
That's actually really frustrating! I wait out half the production yr to get a convertible, and its outdated within a couple months after delivery. Aggregating
Just think of those poor folks who bought a new 2010 Mustang GT
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
COLD_Cam
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
The schedules for 2011 buildout and
2012 startup were just released.

The last 2011's will be built 7/1/11.
The 2012's will start production 7/18/11.

This applies to both the Coupe and Convertible.

The final orders for 2011 along with the first
orders for 2012 will be in the May timeframe.
Becky,

any idea how many 2011 convertibles will be build?

Thank's
COLD_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,978
Can I order my Z28 in May?
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
MaRoFreK
 
MaRoFreK's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buckhannon, West Virginia
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Can I order my Z28 in May?
__________________
"Success is following the pattern of life one enjoys most."

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #10
ruserious
Beth Anne
 
Drives: 06 TBSS, 06 Tahoe Z71, 99 BMW Dinan
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16
This is great information. I was just having this discussion w/ my husband last night. Seems like it might be worth waiting to order until May.
__________________
Beth Anne

01/29/11 - Ordered Black/Black, 2SS/RS, Vert, 6M w/ Hurst, Silver Stripes w/ Quarter Flares
ruserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #11
Angella
~Living the Dream~
 
Angella's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Cobalt, 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland and Virginia
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
Thanks for the info! My 2011 convertible should be worth a ton due to such a short production run........or am I reading too much into this?

any idea how many were made?????
__________________
Angella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
FNG's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2011
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 533
I've been to 3 dealerships this weekend in search of a 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT RS with manual Transmission... All of them have tried their hardest to convince me that I should compromise on the color, transmission, or trim level... From what they're saying 2011's are no longer in production and there isn't a car within 500 miles that fits my requirements.

Since this will be the first time I purchase a new car ENTIRELY for ME, and it's not cheap, I refuse to compromise.... so I've asked if I could order a 2012... "Maybe in 2 weeks, but you'll have to wait at least 12 weeks for delivery."

Ugh. My frustrations are running high right now because I'm SERIOUSLY ready to finally own a car that I WANT.

So, are they blowing smoke, or is there any truth to what they've been telling me about production / 2012 orders / delivery wait times?

Thanks.
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
s3d83d
 
Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger R/T
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Destin, FL.
Posts: 31
I'm ready to see what the new interior is going to look like. I hope they don't go to crazy. I really hope the new IOM interior will look the same.
__________________
s3d83d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
s3d83d
 
Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger R/T
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Destin, FL.
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
Thanks for the info! My 2011 convertible should be worth a ton due to such a short production run........or am I reading too much into this?
You're going to have a unique vert since they are discontinuing the RJT and the 2011 vert numbers are going to be slim.
__________________
s3d83d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #15
shl4Z28
 
shl4Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
I've been to 3 dealerships this weekend in search of a 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT RS with manual Transmission... All of them have tried their hardest to convince me that I should compromise on the color, transmission, or trim level... From what they're saying 2011's are no longer in production and there isn't a car within 500 miles that fits my requirements.

Since this will be the first time I purchase a new car ENTIRELY for ME, and it's not cheap, I refuse to compromise.... so I've asked if I could order a 2012... "Maybe in 2 weeks, but you'll have to wait at least 12 weeks for delivery."

Ugh. My frustrations are running high right now because I'm SERIOUSLY ready to finally own a car that I WANT.

So, are they blowing smoke, or is there any truth to what they've been telling me about production / 2012 orders / delivery wait times?

Thanks.
Why limit yourself to 500 miles? It is my understanding that a GM dealer from another state can send you the car you want with "Courtesy delivery" at your local dealer for no charge. Contact the OP, Becky, she might be able to help you.
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by shl4Z28 View Post
Why limit yourself to 500 miles? It is my understanding that a GM dealer from another state can send you the car you want with "Courtesy delivery" at your local dealer for no charge. Contact the OP, Becky, she might be able to help you.
Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet ships cars all over the USA and will "NOT" be undersold.

Also, if your considering getting a ZL1 , should contact Becky ASAP to secure yours.

I secured a ZL1 allocation at Rodgers Chevrolet Open House last week!
__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
FNG's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2011
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 533
Not a bad idea shl4Z28.. thanks thespymaster too... checking the Rodgers Chevy site now.

If I find one I'll probably struggle with the idea of instant gratification, or waiting for the 2012's.. if I wait for the 2012's, I'll have a big enough down payment for a 2SS instead of a 2LT.. but I'm not sure I need the extra HP right now; I'm driving a civic with 127HP, so the V6 is plenty of get up and go for me. (I've never owned a rear wheel drive vehicle before either) ARRRGGGHHHH.. [ brainsplosion ] too many choices to make.
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
shl4Z28
 
shl4Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Not a bad idea shl4Z28.. thanks thespymaster too... checking the Rodgers Chevy site now.

If I find one I'll probably struggle with the idea of instant gratification, or waiting for the 2012's.. if I wait for the 2012's, I'll have a big enough down payment for a 2SS instead of a 2LT.. but I'm not sure I need the extra HP right now; I'm driving a civic with 127HP, so the V6 is plenty of get up and go for me. (I've never owned a rear wheel drive vehicle before either) ARRRGGGHHHH.. [ brainsplosion ] too many choices to make.
Hang in there, it will happen.

Contact Becky and she can do the search for you. She will have access to the dealer database and be able to locate your desired build for you.

shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
I've been to 3 dealerships this weekend in search of a 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT RS with manual Transmission... All of them have tried their hardest to convince me that I should compromise on the color, transmission, or trim level... From what they're saying 2011's are no longer in production and there isn't a car within 500 miles that fits my requirements.

Since this will be the first time I purchase a new car ENTIRELY for ME, and it's not cheap, I refuse to compromise.... so I've asked if I could order a 2012... "Maybe in 2 weeks, but you'll have to wait at least 12 weeks for delivery."

Ugh. My frustrations are running high right now because I'm SERIOUSLY ready to finally own a car that I WANT.

So, are they blowing smoke, or is there any truth to what they've been telling me about production / 2012 orders / delivery wait times?

Thanks.


I did a search for you based off of zip code 33619. I saw that you reside in Tampa, FL so I just picked the closest dealership that came up when I put in Tampa. The closest one I show is in South Carolina which is about 431 miles away from that zip code. If you want any of the results I found, I would be happy to give them to you via a private message. If you are interested in any of these vehicles, I highly encourage you to speak with those owning dealerships to confirm if they would ship the vehicle to you. It is also possible that the dealership you are working with and the dealership that has the vehicle will be willing to do a dealer trade. The trade and the shipping are entirely up to them but it certainly never hurts to ask.

I show that the build out date is 7/1/11 for the Camaro Coupe and Convertible. The build out date is the last date that the plant is scheduled to produce vehicles, not the last date that an order can be submitted by a dealer. On average, dealers need to have an order submitted approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the build out date. It looks like you would still be able to order a vehicle if your dealership has allocation to do so. However, it is up to the dealership when they stop taking orders for the 2011 model year. The normal production for a vehicle is 6-8 weeks. However, since the Camaro is a very popular vehicle, the production could take anywhere from 8-12 weeks. There are certain factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, shipping delays of parts and/or vehicles, general new MY start-up production delays, etc. I hope this information has helped you!



Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #20
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
FNG's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2011
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I did a search for you based off of zip code 33619. I saw that you reside in Tampa, FL so I just picked the closest dealership that came up when I put in Tampa. The closest one I show is in South Carolina which is about 431 miles away from that zip code. If you want any of the results I found, I would be happy to give them to you via a private message. If you are interested in any of these vehicles, I highly encourage you to speak with those owning dealerships to confirm if they would ship the vehicle to you. It is also possible that the dealership you are working with and the dealership that has the vehicle will be willing to do a dealer trade. The trade and the shipping are entirely up to them but it certainly never hurts to ask.

I show that the build out date is 7/1/11 for the Camaro Coupe and Convertible. The build out date is the last date that the plant is scheduled to produce vehicles, not the last date that an order can be submitted by a dealer. On average, dealers need to have an order submitted approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the build out date. It looks like you would still be able to order a vehicle if your dealership has allocation to do so. However, it is up to the dealership when they stop taking orders for the 2011 model year. The normal production for a vehicle is 6-8 weeks. However, since the Camaro is a very popular vehicle, the production could take anywhere from 8-12 weeks. There are certain factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, shipping delays of parts and/or vehicles, general new MY start-up production delays, etc. I hope this information has helped you!



Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thank you so much for the response Elizabeth.

I believe 2 of the 3 dealers I visited last weekend mentioned the South Carolina car, but both wanted me to pay roughly $1000 for shipping. (I think Stingray Chevrolet here in Florida has an Automatic that's VERY close to what I'm looking for.) All three have said that orders could no longer be placed and the 2011's will no longer be in production... clearly this isn't entirely accurate. While I am willing to spend the money on a Camaro, unfortunately, $1000 is still a lot of money to me... Having a wife, son, a house, an ex-wife and constantly having to replenish my lawyers retainer fee so that I may maintain custody of my son makes my budget a bit tight at the moment... the Camaro is an investment in my happiness & sanity... and possibly part of a midlife crisis, but I refuse to accept that.

I believe that I will hang on to the money I've saved, keep my '03 Civic in top-notch condition for a trade-in, and transfer a "car payment" into my Camaro fund each month until 2012's can be ordered. When they arrive, I'll take a look at them and compare them to the 2011's... Hopefully I'll have enough for the 2SS by then.

Thanks again for looking into that for me and providing the information... You're extremely helpful.
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #21
SwiftDream
Currently Dreaming
 
SwiftDream's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Grand Prix, '12 ZX6R
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 213
I have to say, since just discovering this website a few weeks ago Ive noticed how helpful Becky and the various people Ive seen use the Customer Svc account have been for people. I think its great and makes me feel better about buying a Camaro soon (hopefully).
SwiftDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,532
Glad to hear it SwiftDream. Hopefully you wont need our assistance but just in case, we are here to help you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
Sidekick
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6
Thanks for the info
Sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #24
1968firebird502
 
1968firebird502's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 firebird 502 / 2010 ABM SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: new jersey
Posts: 17
I am new to the board but i have been reading all the posts, they are full of great people and helpful answers but the one i really need help with is...I REALLY want to order a 45th anniversary camaro but I am wondering if anyone would know how long it would take considering all the dealers by me are saying they cant place any orders outside of the standard colors right now. no one has the ability to order one up. Also once it becomes available, could it get help up longer due to paint supply problems? any help would be greatly appreciated or i wont be getting one until after this winter.
1968firebird502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #25
exflirt
Camaro Goddess
 
exflirt's Avatar
 
Drives: "Lyssa," 2012 45th SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968firebird502 View Post
I am new to the board but i have been reading all the posts, they are full of great people and helpful answers but the one i really need help with is...I REALLY want to order a 45th anniversary camaro but I am wondering if anyone would know how long it would take considering all the dealers by me are saying they cant place any orders outside of the standard colors right now. no one has the ability to order one up. Also once it becomes available, could it get help up longer due to paint supply problems? any help would be greatly appreciated or i wont be getting one until after this winter.


You are a member of a great forum with lots of information. Use the search field. There are no constraints on the 45th. I have an accepted order with an 8.1 TPW.
__________________
2012 45th Anniversary SS Convertible M6
4.15.2011 - 1100
6.28.2011 - 2000 / 2500
6.29.2011 - 3000 TPW 8.1
7.19.2011 - 3100
7.20.2011 - 3300
7.28.2011 - 3400
8.4.2011 - 3800 / 4000 / 4150 / 4B00
8.5.2011 - 4B00 / 4200 / 4300
8.6.2011 - 4200
8.13.2011 - 4B00 / 4800
8.14.2011 - 4200 / 5000 - Lyssa's here!!!!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Production 2011 Camaro Convertible to be auctioned on 24th! iPODFAN11 Camaro Convertible Forum 43 09-26-2010 03:21 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.